Oakland show cancelled

Hmmm

But he's ALWAYS ill. I've managed to go all winter with no colds or flu. It's called looking after yourself.

He seriously needs to get a grip.Treat his fans a bit better or get off the stage before we start thinking he's too old.

I was at the Roundhouse gig where we'd travelled far and paid lots to be fobbed off by Brand and Ross. If it happens next month I'll be ready to abandon any inclination to go to any more gigs.There's only so much disappointment some fans can take.

It's untrue. If he's always ill, he wouldn't be able to continue touring.
(I got info from http://passionsjustlikemine.com)

*edit*
Cancelled dates

16 May Glasgow (reschdulled 28 July)
18 June Austin, TX (venue decided cancel the gig)
22 June Nashville, TN
30 June Pittsburgh, PA
01 Nov UCLA, CA (riot halted the gig)

27 June Glastonbury Festival
09 Aug London, Madstock
24 Nov NY (fire department forced to halt the gig)

23 Nov Belfast

Outsider tour
24 Nov Dublin
26 Nov Exeter
27 Nov Cardiff
29 Nov Aberdeen
30 Nov Glasgow
03 Dec Sheffield
04 Dec Sheffield
05 Dec Belfast
06 Dec Manchester
07 Dec New Castle
08 Dec Manchester
13 Dec Birmingham
(some European dates as well, unable to find details)

29 July Minneapolis, MN

07 Oct Las Vegas, NV (due to Alain's back injury)
18 Oct Dresden, Germany (venue wasn't safe enough)

17 Feb Pittsburgh, PA (reason not stated)

01 Aug Fuji Rock Festival, Japan

11 June Isle of Wight Festival

26 June Boston, MA (halted due to ill)
27 June Northampton, MA
29 June Philadelphia, PA (reschedulled 23 July)
30 June NY Madison Square Garden
03 July Baltimore, MD
05 July Atlantic City, NJ
06 July Holmdel, NJ
02 Oct Los Angels, CA (due to bust pipe of the building)
04 Oct Los Angels, CA
08 Nov Miami, FL

25-27 Jan London Roundhouse

28 Feb Boca Raton, FL
01 Mar Orlandoo, FL
03 Mar Jacksonsville, FL
04 Mar St Petersburg, FL
07 Mar Atlanta, GA
09 Mar Ashville, NC
18 Apr Oakland, CA

11 May London Royal Albert Hall (reschedul Tue 27/10/2009)
13 May Birmingham Symphony Hall (reschdul Fri 23/10/2009)
25 May Salisbury City Hall (reschedule Mon 02/11/09)
26 May London Mile End Troxy Ballroom (reschedul Sat 18/07/09)
28 May London Brixton 02 Academy (reschedul Sun 19/07/09)
29 May London Brixton O2 Academy (reschedul Tue 21/07/09)
30 May London Brixton O2 Academy (reschdul Wed 22/07/09)

2 June France, Paris Grand Rex (rescheduled Thur 12/11/09)
3 June France, Lille Aeronef (rescheduled Wed 11/11/09)

24 Oct Swindon, Oasis Leisure Centre
26 Oct Bournemouth, Opera House

Last edited:
I am a fan of many bands and never known any other bands to cancel like this. Especially since I'm reading that he cancels often.

Let's not compare Morrissey to other bands now. Morrissey is much more than any other band will ever be. He doesn't perform like some trained seal. Morrissey is Morrissey whether on stage or out on the streets. Today he just wasn't up to it. There will be other times. I promise.

I am quite enjoying the cancellations......as my own ever increasing aches and pains appear to be mirrored by old Moz's.......I keep telling myself its ok to br unable to perform every two nights... You young Americans so full of vigour really need to know how it feels to be almost 50. And if youve made the journey just do the good thing and take over a boozer, put on yer cds and have your very own Mozzer party.......

Some of my greatest Mozzer memories have been pre gig in a pub in nowhere with some like minded souls.......a cancellation party can be just as good

I guess what I meant is that we all start out all starry-eyed. Like, LOVE HIM and he is the end-all be-all of everything (or nearly so). Then, he disappoints us, sometimes in a profound way, sometimes something relatively minor. And then, we go thru this weird cycle of :sick: and then coming back around.

Also, I was just remembering one of your posts about his "cyclical" nature (which is true). You were much different when you first came to this forum (if I'm not being too bold) and now you're a bit more realistic. Most of us were that way, I daresay.

I don't know what I'm trying to say, now. I still love him impossibly but he frustrates sometimes. And I like you, too, lol.

Hmm, much different...really? I never thought I was (that) syncophantic, but the longer I've been on solo the more 'jaded' I've become in some respects. Knowledge is 'power', I 'spose. ;) but what I didn't know didn't hurt me. ;):D He frustrates me sometimes as well, but I keep coming back for more...so who's the slag, afterall? :p

p.s. Do I know you?

Hope everyone that was going to the Oakland show, is having a great big party to make up for it.

As much as I do love Morrissey, it would be nice if he could put out an official message to folks and just say he's sick. I don't doubt that he may be unwell, I know myself I get colds frequently, like every 2 months, always have since I was a kid. Some folk just have a weaker defence against viruses.

Anyway folks, enjoy yourselves. :)

Hmm, much different...really? I never thought I was (that) syncophantic, but the longer I've been on solo the more 'jaded' I've become in some respects. Knowledge is 'power', I 'spose. ;) but what I didn't know didn't hurt me. ;):D He frustrates me sometimes as well, but I keep coming back for more...so who's the slag, afterall? :p

p.s. Do I know you?

Depends on what the meaning of is, is. I mean, the meaning of 'know'. :p No, we've never met, but I've seen you from a distance quite a while ago! I felt too sick and weird to come over and say hi, plus it's not really my style. Also, I would've had to've fought through a mob of people, haha.

P.S. Also, I know how you feel about the other things. Gluttons for punishment, and all that. It's true that in THIS case, ignorance is bliss. Completely. Naivety in Morrisseyland is underrated.

Yes, I was looking forward to seeing KY again for many reasons.;)

Heh heh, to each his own. Someone posted something about KY doing her own show at the DNA Lounge in SF tonight, if you、re still interested.

That's a good suggestion, but honestly I think am too tired to go anywhere now!:o Technically I'm already in the Bay Area, but would have been taking public transport. from San Jose so I'm not upset about not having to deal with that. My mother was joining me, so I'll see what she wants to do now.:D

Your mother is cool. She reminds me of a re-entry classmate at Cal. In 、91, her teenage kids camped out overnight to score front row tickets for Mother、s Day (the day tix went on sale). Those were the days when queueing up overnight would get you front row seats.

I thought you were coming in from out of town (like not in the Bay Area) because you mentioned hotel credit card points or somesuch. My own mum suggested that I drive back home (3 hour drive to her house) after the show, but I don、t like to drive when fatigued -- unsafe, and I was planning to visit friends in the Bay Area on Sunday. One of them lives in San Jose, incidentally.

Yeah, looks like it's been lovingly restored.:)
I wouldn't compare Oakland to Ireland, but I know what ya mean. I have been to Ireland, too, and seen Moz up close, so this hippie is already spoiled I figure.;)

Fuggin、 spoilt hippie!:p But I、m glad to hear that you are dealing well with the disappointment.

I crazily flew to L.A. on short notice and risked my job to see him on Oct. 11 of '07 amid other Palladium cancellations and that, too, was totally worth it; glad that if I must be on the receiving end of a cancellation it is for a local show...

Good look to all who are attending other concerts.:)

Again, good to hear that you have been blessed with good Moz experiences and are taking the bad news well. Phew, you、re so lucky about the Palladium shows!

So, what are you doing tonight? I was thinking about "drink, drink, and be ill tonight" but I don、t really find binge drinking to be much fun. Was thinking of taking an extravagantly long bath and indulging in recreational substances. So far I、ve been catching up with friends and gossip. I took a nap and did the laundry. If I were in the Bay Area, I would go and see This Charming Band for a consolation gig.

Mel, what is happening with your apostrophe? It distracted and intrigued me at the same time. :p

Thank you guys, I appreciate it and again I'm sorry for flipping out. :(

And you're right, I had balcony seats. If I have to go through this again I'm going to make sure I get better seats.

That's the spirit! Don't let him break you. ;) :rolleyes: :)

While waiting on line at the last show I attended, several people next to me (who don't post here) discussed the fact that they do check Solo up until the moment they leave for a gig, to make sure it is still happening. We are all very well trained. :rolleyes:

It's often a dysfunctional battle of the wills between Morrissey and his audience; it's difficult to say who will win in the end...

Depends on what the meaning of is, is. I mean, the meaning of 'know'. :p No, we've never met, but I've seen you from a distance quite a while ago! I felt too sick and weird to come over and say hi, plus it's not really my style. Also, I would've had to've fought through a mob of people, haha.

P.S. Also, I know how you feel about the other things. Gluttons for punishment, and all that. It's true that in THIS case, ignorance is bliss. Completely. Naivety in Morrisseyland is underrated.

Well, now I feel sick and weird. :o;):p My reputation (whatever that may be :eek::p) precedes me. Approach me, next time. :)

Well, now I feel sick and weird. :o;):p My reputation (whatever that may be :eek::p) precedes me. Approach me, next time. :)

haha, I didn't feel sick and weird from YOU, dear, but from the gig. I got really hot and I had had a long trip.
You silly thang. And plus, I will. You weren't as well known then and were still unjaded. I didn't want to spoil it for you!;)
Just kidding -- I really just didn't feel well. :p

Hopefully he'll tour West Coast later this year.

Thanks, Kewpie. I hope so. I couldn't make this Oakland show and I have been down today. I hope that there is a more well-organized tour in the fall.

haha, I didn't feel sick and weird from YOU, dear, but from the gig. I got really hot and I had had a long trip.
You silly thang. And plus, I will. You weren't as well known then and were still unjaded. I didn't want to spoil it for you!;)
Just kidding -- I really just didn't feel well. :p

I was gonna say.... :o;)

I shall remain a legend in my own mind. :p

Re: Hmmm

It's untrue. If he's always ill, he wouldn't be able to continue touring.

*edit*
Cancelled dates

16 May Glasgow (reschdulled 28 July)
18 June Austin, TX (venue decided cancel the gig)
22 June Nashville, TN
30 June Pittsburgh, PA
01 Nov UCLA, CA (riot halted the gig)

27 June Glastonbury Festival
09 Aug London, Madstock
24 Nov NY (fire department forced to halt the gig)

23 Nov Belfast

Outsider tour
24 Nov Dublin
26 Nov Exeter
27 Nov Cardiff
29 Nov Aberdeen
30 Nov Glasgow
03 Dec Sheffield
04 Dec Sheffield
05 Dec Belfast
06 Dec Manchester
07 Dec New Castle
08 Dec Manchester
13 Dec Birmingham
(some European dates as well, unable to find details)

29 July Minneapolis, MN

07 Oct Las Vegas, NV (due to Alain's back injury)
18 Oct Dresden, Germany (venue wasn't safe enough)

17 Feb Pittsburgh, PA (reason not stated)

01 Aug Fuji Rock Festival, Japan

11 June Isle of Wight Festival

26 June Boston, MA (halted due to ill)
27 June Northampton, MA
29 June Philadelphia, PA (reschedulled 23 July)
30 June NY Madison Square Garden
03 July Baltimore, MD
05 July Atlantic City, NJ
06 July Holmdel, NJ
02 Oct Los Angels, CA (due to bust pipe of the building)
04 Oct Los Angels, CA
08 Nov Miami, FL

25-27 Jan London Roundhouse

28 Feb Boca Raton, FL
01 Mar Orlandoo, FL
03 Mar Jacksonsville, FL
04 Mar St Petersburg, FL
07 Mar Atlanta, GA
09 Mar Ashville, NC
18 Apr Oakland, CA

One more to add, but unsure of the date.
In the late 90's, early 00's, he was to play the Alice Radio concert (with Duran Duran no less!) in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, but had a last minute cancellation.

Holy crap at that list. :straightface:

I'm sorry, but its not really comparing bands as far as music, to simply say that no other band that I am a fan on has ever canceled a show. Why is he such a prima donna??

I just got an email from Live Nation, this is what it said:

Regretfully, Morrissey has been forced to cancel tonight's performance at The Paramount Theatre in Oakland.

FORCED to cancel?? Um.. wut?

Reading further down..

Live Nation, San Francisco has just been informed that Morrissey's performances originally scheduled for this evening, April 18th, at the Paramount Theatre has been canceled due to illness. At this time there are no plans to reschedule the show and refunds will be made available at point of purchase.

Why cant he just reschedule then for a few days later or something? sigh.

Last edited:
Why cant he just reschedule then for a few days later or something? sigh.

I'm sure if it was easy he would. The venue might not be available, and he might have other commitments that make that sort of reschedule impossible.

For You Are The Quarry, the San Francisco show was canceled. An Oakland show months later simply disappeared from the schedule and he went to South America instead.

For You Are The Quarry, the San Francisco show was canceled. An Oakland show months later simply disappeared from the schedule and he went to South America instead.

Ugh.. does this mean the Bay Area is jinked?

Back
Top Bottom