Oakland show cancelled

Flax

Oh oh.... BAD news are coming....

Re: Apr 18 Morrissey with Kristeen Young and The Courteeners Paramount Theatre - Oakl

just heard it has been cancelled. Motherf***er. No reason I've heard yet. Refunds at point of purchase.

Re: Apr 18 Morrissey with Kristeen Young and The Courteeners Paramount Theatre - Oakl

WHAT??? Where did you hear this??

Ok well answer my question, because someone on a message board says 'its canceled' I"m supposed to go on that?

Ok well answer my question, because someone on a message board says 'its canceled' I"m supposed to go on that?

I've just heard it from some of my sources who are there right now. I wasn't going to this show, but they told me anyway.

You don't have to believe me... there is always a chance the he will have a good lunch and will change his mind. But I find it unlikely.

Just make sure you call the venue and check other websites before you go.

Heard from a friend who then called Paramount to confirm. He has done this before so it's not a total shock. Still upset as all hell.

Your friends who are where? I mean are you serious he would cancel a show because he doesnt 'feel like' going?? What kind of shit is that?? My whole thoughts and views on him will completely change about him if that's the case.

Your friends who are where? I mean are you serious he would cancel a show because he doesnt 'feel like' going?? What kind of shit is that?? My whole thoughts and views on him will completely change about him if that's the case.

They travelled to the bay area to see this show.
I know how this feels as this has happened to many of us before. Sorry to bring you bad news.

If this serves as any consolation for you, I saw the last show he did in the same theater in Oakland in 2007 and it was great. I'm assuming that he's actually not feeling well and there would be a good chance that this show could be rescheduled.

Last edited:

Haven't heard a reason yet. One friend puts on a local Smiths/morrissey night then told another friend who called Paramount to make sure. I haven't got a notice from Ticketmaster yet, which usually happens.

I just called the Paramount and heard the recording.

WHAT THE f***!!! I am livid. I've loved this f***er since I was 14 years old and this was the first time I was going to see him and I was SO excited. I am in tears now. This is complete bullshit. What a f***ing asshole. Does he just not give a flying f*** about his fans or what??? I've never been a fan of any artist that just cancels shows like that. What a piece of shit.

I'm not surprised. I just caught the end of the Coachella video last night and I thought he didn't look very happy and his voice was kind of off. Normally, he doesn't travel that far and play the same night. Seems like bad planning when they set that date. I can feel your pain.

I just called the Paramount and heard the recording.

WHAT THE f***!!! I am livid. I've loved this f***er since I was 14 years old and this was the first time I was going to see him and I was SO excited. I am in tears now. This is complete bullshit. What a f***ing asshole. Does he just not give a flying f*** about his fans or what??? I've never been a fan of any artist that just cancels shows like that. What a piece of shit.

I'm very sorry, but if Morrissey is unwell then it's nothing he could do.

Some of us had the same situations (he cancelled first 4 dates of this tour and previously Roundhouse January 2008). :(

Hopefully he'll tour West Coast later this year.

I'm so sorry for all those who had tickets - I know how it feels and it's not nice. If Morrissey's not well I hope he gets better soon. I'm really worried that this is happening a lot more now. :(

So sorry to hear the news Oakland. :tears: I am still aching from the Florida cancellations, but you feel the pain and then learn to move on. I hope he comes back to the West in the Fall.

im sorry to hear that ...esp those who traveled..
@sicy im abolutely sure he will either plays LA shows (and a little or big westcoast tour) later this year .regarding his huge fanbase and since he does live somewhere in california again..and there were rumours alreday people have heard of a tour later this year...

Last edited:
So sorry to hear the news Oakland. :tears: I am still aching from the Florida cancellations, but you feel the pain and then learn to move on. I hope he comes back to the West in the Fall.

Ditto. Plus, I hope he comes back to FL in the fall...

I'm sure he'll be back to the US again to tour, either later this year or early next year. As for cancellations, he's actually been on a good streak of late and his voice has sounded great. A bit of a surprise considering how the US tour started. Much better than the last time around where it seemed like every other show was getting cancelled or half-done.

I feel like an idiot sitting here crying. If I had seen him before I may not be as upset but I've never seen him in all the 20+ years I've liked him and I cant express how excited I was. If he did this once or twice I could understand, but if he has a habit of doing this then that's even more bullshit. Take a freaking aspirin and get on the stage. :tears::tears::tears:

Back
Top Bottom