Oakland, CA - Fox Theater (Nov. 18, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / The Bullfighter Dies / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Irish Blood, English Heart / Half A Person / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

Last edited:
He should know by now that his following is so immense that he needs to have much more diversity in his setlist from show to show than he does. I don't want to show up in Brooklyn and already know what songs he is going to be singing, that's a total letdown. Not to mention Sure enough, The telephone rings is bloody awful in my opinion. Rebels I like..... But I'd much rather hear some material off of Maladjusted and for Heavens sake sing Everyday is like Sunday the original way without changing words or adding "cuando cuando". The original version is a beautiful song. I'm sure the drummer can learn some other material??????

He should know by now that his following is so immense that he needs to have much more diversity in his setlist from show to show than he does. I don't want to show up in Brooklyn and already know what songs he is going to be singing, that's a total letdown. Not to mention Sure enough, The telephone rings is bloody awful in my opinion. Rebels I like..... But I'd much rather hear some material off of Maladjusted and for Heavens sake sing Everyday is like Sunday the original way without changing words or adding "cuando cuando". The original version is a beautiful song. I'm sure the drummer can learn some other material??????
We hear ya, but he ain't gonna change his ways this late in the game.

Agreed, we've heard enough of Sunday, Irish, Ripper, the new songs, and who's asking for bullfighter...nobody! In general the setlist has been a disappointment for years....

He should know by now that his following is so immense that he needs to have much more diversity in his setlist from show to show than he does. I don't want to show up in Brooklyn and already know what songs he is going to be singing, that's a total letdown.
If you choose to go to multiple shows on the same tour, that's your lookout. If Morrissey changes the setlist completely every night, then people will be hacked off they missed a particular show where their favourite song was played. Morrissey isn't playing for the 2% of audience that go to multiple shows, but the 98% who are seeing him one time only. If you don't want to hear the same songs dozens of times, just be like a normal person and just go to one show per tour.

Problem sorted.

bruce lee was born in san francisco and opened his second school in oakland,bet you never knew that.
saint is going to sound fantastic on long player.

His Life is a Succession of Record Companies Sayin Goodbye

The crew garb gets better art than the M
Telephone kicks arse 🤘🏻

A little harsh I'd say. The setlist is often changed a little from night to night, and quite a bit when there's a month or two's gap. Some acts don't alter a single song in a whole tour.
And, yes, Telephone Rings is dreadful. It's down there with Kids a Looker and People are the Same. Worrying that this kind of rubbish is considered good enough for a new album. Rebels is a beauty though, and the other new ones are at least pretty good.

Last edited:
A little harsh I'd say. The setlist is often changed a little from night to night, and quite a bit when there's a month or two's gap. Some acts (maybe most) don't alter a single song in a whole multi-month tour.
And, yes, Telephone Rings is dreadful. It's down there with Kids a Looker and People are the Same. Worrying that this kind of rubbish is considered good enough for a new album. Rebels is a beauty though, and the other new ones are at least pretty g
A little harsh I'd say. The setlist is often changed a little from night to night, and quite a bit when there's a month or two's gap. Some acts (maybe most) don't alter a single song in a whole multi-month tour.
And, yes, Telephone Rings is dreadful. It's down there with Kids a Looker and People are the Same. Worrying that this kind of rubbish is considered good enough for a new album. Rebels is a beauty though, and the other new ones are at least pretty good.
Totally agree about Rebels, to kick in after Veronica on the album is going to make the hairs stand on end. Are you not keen on his more alt rock songs? Skull? 😁

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom