NPR's "50 Great Voices" Nominations

I LOVE TERRY GROSS!! :love:

I just had to put that out there...:D

I nominated my two favorite frontmen: Morrissey and John Lydon.

I did my part. Go Mozzy! :thumb:

I wondered how many opera singers will be in the final list. I've seen a lot of great ones. When I saw Pavoratti at the Met in 1990 and he walked out onto the stage, there was literally a collective gasp - before the place went crazy. It was amazing. I hadn't witnessed anything close to that until seeing Mozzy this year. To literally hold an entire concert hall rapt like that - hold them all in your hand - incredible.

If we just talking vocalists as in singers, then I would consider Morrissey among my top five.Garrison Keillor, Orson Welles and Bill Curtis come to mind as just having great voices.I also kind of like Ira Glass of NPR's "This American Life".

If we just talking vocalists as in singers, then I would consider Morrissey among my top five.Garrison Keillor, Orson Welles and Bill Curtis come to mind as just having great voices.I also kind of like Ira Glass of NPR's "This American Life".

Ira is the shit!! :guitar:

Let's be saboteurs. Let's nominate, say, William Hung, Scott Stapp and the Moviefone guy. United, we stand.

Thanks for the heads up, JSJ.

Morrissey, of course, then Edith Piaf.

As far as non-singers go, I'd have to nominate William Burroughs. Best poetry reader I've ever heard.

I'm pretty disappointed Kate Smith didn't make it into the top 100...she was incredible

I went Morrissey, Nusrat, Bjork, Dylan and Marley.

Back
Top Bottom