Now that we know there is a lawsuit by Steyn against Morrissey, how do you think this all ends ?

Now that we know there is a lawsuit by Steyn against Morrissey, how do you think this all ends ?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
Success is just a mess...

Oh, hey Ringo, it's sad, though
Because it's hard to walk tall when you're small
Whether dressed in disciplined style, never mind
When you're small you're bound to look appalling

So compadre, please do this for me:
Compadre, please weep for me
Compadre, compadre, please weep for me!

Even though I believe Steyn's story, I think nothing will come of it. I think it's his word against his employers; there's no proof...written, taped, whatever.

It'll blow over but it will at least cause Morrissey some grief for awhile.

Morrissey loses case, but refuses to pay - same as in the Joyce case. Steyn spends the next decade chasing him down, trying to get his money.

Steyn withdraws Complaint / drops lawsuit. Interesting...

Even though I believe Steyn's story, I think nothing will come of it. I think it's his word against his employers; there's no proof...written, taped, whatever.

Last edited:
It'll go to trial.
They'll bring in David and have him voice his opinion.
If he says good things about Morrissey, the case will strongly favor Moz and most likely help his lifetime ban.

If he says bad things, it'll help Steyn win the case. Morrissey will most likely hate David to the point of hatred you can't even imagine.
Possibly down the road have him taken out. A few songs will be written.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walter (Goodman) was talking about Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.
Donnie thought he was talking about John Lennon.

1999 - 15 years ago Mike Joyce won a claim in England's highest court. Morrissey even said he spoke with the Queen about it via phone and that she was 'very nice.' I believe he wanted The House of Lords or some International Human Rights Tribunal - he wanted to appeal the ruling but it didn't work out. Then, MOZ was a resident of the U.K., living in London, with another house in Dublin, and it wasn't a big challenge to litigate in front of his own. Orange County, California, is a different animal, a different country, a different legal system (yes, they are also Common Law like U.K. but with Zig-zagging American. twists). Moz is 15 years older, lives in Switzerland, and cannot be bothered. I believe he is in the right, bur will settle, and spin it. Why fight this fight when Zurich is so lovely?

Moz will fight the case, and guess what, he will win, the truth will come out

I think the next step will be that Moz will file a motion to dismiss. I am not an expert on contract law in California and one poster spoke with a lawyer who said at least two of the claims were legally baseless, but assuming there is nothing obviously wrong with the legal claims/remedies I suspect it will survive the motion to dismiss. The complaint doesn't have to be true (jurors, not judges are finders of fact), it just has to depict an actual legal wrong with a remedy if it was true. What Moz will do at that point I don't know, but if it does go to trial I cannot see Steyn winning--based on what I've seen so far. I mean for christ sake this man cannot name one hundred of the people he is suing.

I think the next step will be that Moz will file a motion to dismiss. I am not an expert on contract law in California and one poster spoke with a lawyer who said at least two of the claims were legally baseless, but assuming there is nothing obviously wrong with the legal claims/remedies I suspect it will survive the motion to dismiss. The complaint doesn't have to be true (jurors, not judges are finders of fact), it just has to depict an actual legal wrong with a remedy if it was true. What Moz will do at that point I don't know, but if it does go to trial I cannot see Steyn winning--based on what I've seen so far. I mean for christ sake this man cannot name one hundred of the people he is suing.

I don't even understand the aspect of the suit.

"Plaintiff is informed and believes and thereon alleges that at all times herein mentioned, that each of the Defendants, including DOES 1 through 100, inclusive, were acting as the agents, servants, and employees of their co-defendants, and in doing the things hereinafter alleged were acting within the scope of their authority as such agents, servants, and employees, and with the permission and consent, either express or implied, of each of the co-defendants."

Where is the 100 number coming from? And does this mean that Steyn is alleging some sort of conspiracy against his continued employment on the part of every person directly or indirectly associated with the entire tour?! There can't possibly be 100 people working for Morrissey and Knutson, can there? I mean obviously I have no idea, that just seems impossible.

pretty much my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom