Morrissey Central NOW MY HEART IS EMPTY (statement on Kirk Douglas death, Feb. 6, 2020)

NOW MY HEART IS EMPTY - Morrissey Central
February 6, 2020

full

"Kirk Douglas dies … the soul goes over … someone kiss his eyelids shut … the greatest American actor who ever lived … the very first actor to whom no rules applied … the only actor to elevate every screen minute - whilst other actors collected their Oscars for doing something already done by somebody else … this sadness is unimaginable … death must always be the next event … masoned, carved, polished, sanded … Kirk Douglas was as good as it could possibly ever be - a life of tender service to Art … of service to all of us." Morrissey.

I'm sure the admiration for each other was mutual, I wonder if he got to listen to a preview of Moz new album before he left this mortal coil.

A giant walked the earth in the shape of Kirk Douglas. We are lucky for being around to see his contribution to the art form that is cinema. Beautiful words from Moz.

Doesn't Morrissey realize he can still gaze upon his body of work (and his body in that body of work) in a frenzy of conflicted homosexual lust regardless of Kirk's mortal status? I get it, you crack a fat one to Tom of Finland once, it's a hard habit to shake. (But shake it, one does.)
#homophobe.......

Beautifully put.
Yes, nicely worded. But no need for a dig at other actors for winning Oscars for 'doing something already done'. How about Daniel Day Lewis (There will be blood, my left foot), Anthony Hopkins (Silence of the lambs), Wiliam Hurt (Kiss of the spider woman) his hero Kevin Spacey, Jack Nicholson (One flew over the cuckoos nest), Ben Kingsley (Gandhi)? And not to mention his vegan friend Joaquin Phoenix who will surely win for the excellent Joker.
Once again Moz shows his stupidity. I can't sit silent when he talks through his arse.

p.s. now that I'm on a rant: didn't Moz say in Autobiography (and what a snappy title for that book) that he was about to say hello to Kirk but then didn't? I'm wondering how the 'sadness is unimaginable' for someone he didn't meet. Unimaginable sadness is losing a child. A bit of perspective is warranted. Kirk was 103.

Last edited:
From the mouth of one Mr Kirk Douglas

"I softly pulled the trigger of my high-powered rifle and watched a leopard, a gazelle, an oryx, a zebra and other defenceless animals fall to the ground."

The interview goes on to say ...

All the animals Douglas killed were shipped to his home and mounted on his walls, and it is then that he realised how "obscene" his actions were.

Nice whitewash by Morrissey's
"Kirk Douglas was as good as it could possibly ever be - a life of tender service to Art"

Ok, Douglas regretted his actions but he killed several animaks, mounted them on his wall before this daming realisation.

Nice words from Michael Douglas:

"It is with tremendous sadness that my brothers and I announce that Kirk Douglas left us today at the age of 103.
To the world, he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of movies who lived well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment to justice and the causes he believed in set a standard for all of us to aspire to.
"Kirk's life was well lived, and he leaves a legacy in film that will endure for generations to come, and a history as a renowned philanthropist who worked to aid the public and bring peace to the planet," he added, saying he was "so proud" to be his father's son.

Ok, Douglas regretted his actions but he killed several animaks, mounted them on his wall before this daming realisation.
Is an animak an animal you can wear as an anorak without killing it? That's ace. You'd never have to queue to put your animak in a cloakroom cos it would claw the arm off would-be thieves. Ouch!

Yes, nicely worded. But no need for a dig at other actors for winning Oscars for 'doing something already done'. How about Daniel Day Lewis (There will be blood, my left foot), Anthony Hopkins (Silence of the lambs), Wiliam Hurt (Kiss of the spider woman) his hero Kevin Spacey, Jack Nicholson (One flew over the cuckoos nest), Ben Kingsley (Gandhi)? And not to mention his vegan friend Joaquin Phoenix who will surely win for the excellent Joker.
Once again Moz shows his stupidity. I can't sit silent when he talks through his arse.

p.s. now that I'm on a rant: didn't Moz say in Autobiography (and what a snappy title for that book) that he was about to say hello to Kirk but then didn't? I'm wondering how the 'sadness is unimaginable' for someone he didn't meet. Unimaginable sadness is losing a child. A bit of perspective is warranted. Kirk was 103.
103, eh and to think he had the whole of his life in front of him...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom