November has forgiven Jesus

zither

am I the only one who sees a very close connection between the speaking voice of November Spawned A Monster and I Have Forgiven Jesus?
it seems like the two songs do share the same character, who eventually has forgiven Jesus for her status

am I wrong?

am I the only one who sees a very close connection between the speaking voice of November Spawned A Monster and I Have Forgiven Jesus?
it seems like the two songs do share the same character, who eventually has forgiven Jesus for her status

am I wrong?

Can you elaborate the two characters in these songs?

There are some connections, but these songs' characters are two totally different people to me.

The only common element for me in both songs is the mentioning of Jesus.

November is about a girl with a disability and I Have Forgiven Jesus is about a (possibly male) character suffering from having to deal with his emotions, desires etc. In a way both characters suffer from lack of love in their life, so that's common too, but for different reasons.

NSAM refers to the life of a "twisted, ugly child" who can get close to love only dreaming. at some point of her life she cried: "Jesus made me so,
Jesus save me from pity, sympathy and people discussing me".
She focused on Jesus asking him to fix her situation since he made her so. because of her uglyness no one dares to kiss her, even if the lghts were out. She was hostage to the wheelchair. Assuming she can feel love, it's pretty easy to me to find a connection with a character of IHFJ. it's the same one, just older.
Imagine her at the deathbed thinking of her empty life, starting from her childhood were she wouldn't do no harm to anyone but Jesus hurt her with all the desire he placed in her when there was nothing she could do with this desire and no one she could turn to with her love. Then the end, with the final, powerfull question addressed to him: "Why did you stick me in self deprecating bones and skin? Jesus do you hate me? Do you hate me?"

how about that?

NSAM refers to the life of a "twisted, ugly child" who can get close to love only dreaming. at some point of her life she cried: "Jesus made me so,
Jesus save me from pity, sympathy and people discussing me".
She focused on Jesus asking him to fix her situation since he made her so. because of her uglyness no one dares to kiss her, even if the lghts were out. She was hostage to the wheelchair. Assuming she can feel love, it's pretty easy to me to find a connection with a character of IHFJ. it's the same one, just older.
Imagine her at the deathbed thinking of her empty life, starting from her childhood were she wouldn't do no harm to anyone but Jesus hurt her with all the desire he placed in her when there was nothing she could do with this desire and no one she could turn to with her love. Then the end, with the final, powerfull question addressed to him: "Why did you stick me in self deprecating bones and skin? Jesus do you hate me? Do you hate me?"

how about that?

I'm afraid your interpretation is too far-fetched.

i think she's onto something too. i never thought of those songs being remotely related, but who knows if Morrissey meant it to be like that. either way it seems to interpreted well, not far-fetched.

Back
Top Bottom