Nottingham - Capital FM Arena (Mar.13, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Smiler With Knife / Scandinavia / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not A Man / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat is Murder / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before // Speedway

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Paddy Maguire ‏@ModernMorrissey · 10h10 hours ago  Coventry, England
Someone got a picture of Morrissey taking my letter last night!!!!!

CADPG2xWQAAvGjT.jpg

CADPG2xWQAAvGjT.jpg

Wow...what a powerful photograph. It speaks to me very deeply. Here we are...the crowd hanging on his every word, and there he is...hanging almost off the stage reaching to grasp the words of a fan.

To be able to write down exactly what you want to convey and then handing it directly to him to read in a quiet moment would be a dream of many of us. What a great moment captured on film.

Now this is a t-shirt worth wearing.

Last edited:
Speedway - very good audio/video:

Jesus. Is that in someway representative of the whole show? If so it is very sad to see him like that. It reminds me of when they had to shove Judy Garland on stage with a pointy stick. That's not the Morrissey I once knew (and before you get all "Remembering the Smiths" about it) not so very long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

CADPG2xWQAAvGjT.jpg

could this be letter from little oh_my_mozza?

and he is from coventry? my deceased daddy has been there many times and loved it so much... :love:

Jesus. Is that in someway representative of the whole show? If so it is very sad to see him like that. It reminds me of when they had to shove Judy Garland on stage with a pointy stick. That's not the Morrissey I once knew (and before you get all "Remembering the Smiths" about it) not so very long ago.

I don't think you ever knew him or got him. What he said to David Cameron, that applies to you, just in a more insignificant way :thumb:

its gone downhill in a hurry, sad to see.

Great gig, one of our own was great. Speedway awesome as always. I've Seen moz at least 12 times, his band were very very good last night! I'm not gonna make any other of the uk dates but look forward to hearing about them, I hope anyone that goes enjoys it. Gives me goosebumps every single time just before he goes on stage!! Bridlington spa was my favourite gig so far! Got a piece of shirt!

Was there last night and to me he was brilliant. Thanks for a great gig.

Moz was on top, brilliant form. Thoroughly enjoyed it. How people can complain about set lists is beyond me, this is a tour for his new album and perhaps you didn't enjoy that because you haven't bothered to listen to any of it and felt like a lemon just stood there - real fans? Pah!

Personal highlights -

Pre film - especially 'ding dong the witch is dead' - crowd reaction
"Tie me in knots!" Knots/Notts
Arthur Seaton reference
EVERY damn song - the band were impeccable
Speedway/Irish Blood, English Heart - crowd reaction
Wonder if "tie me in Notts" was a nod to sleaford mods track "tied up in Notts"

Wow, only three Smiths songs and that gem People Are The Same Everywhere. I hope this tide turns a little by late May.

You once knew Morrissey?

Speedway & What She Said vids are pretty incredible. Don't understand the choreographed chaos of the drumkit hate but it's a good dramatic ending. Someone bitched that Morrissey "didn't sing the encore" when the crowd sang (in tume might I add) the trail of his Speedway acapela? Exaggerate much? :squiffy: Pretty awesome gig by the looks of it, you guys are lucky.

Think most of the people slagging off last night weren't even there certainly wasn't flat where I was standing was a brilliant night with Morrissey as fantastic as ever

Still waiting mouse brain !
Have you worked it out yet ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

^^^ What Charlie said.

What Eurydice said about what Charlie said....you can appreciate the wonderful moments that you do get or you can piss and moan about what you think you should have been given. Sadly, there may come a time when he can no longer tour, so I intend to savor every moment of every concert that I have the good fortune to attend. Happy for everyone who enjoyed the show!

lynnda

Awful awful awful set list. I'm going to Glasgow and now wish I wasnt.

Awful awful awful set list. I'm going to Glasgow and now wish I wasnt.

you have no idea how lucky you are to have this chance! i wish i'm in your place.

p.s. btw, you can resell your ticket (right here, instead of complaining) and stay at home listening your favourite m's mix.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom