Nottingham - Capital FM Arena (Mar.13, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Smiler With Knife / Scandinavia / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not A Man / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat is Murder / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before // Speedway

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
What was the support act like ? Normally dont look forward to the mediocre offerings at the best of times before his majesty slinks on the stage. But the thought of listening to this aged hippie with her hairy growler staring me out for half an hour next saturday is really concerning me

What was the support act like ? Normally dont look forward to the mediocre offerings at the best of times before his majesty slinks on the stage. But the thought of listening to this aged hippie with her hairy growler staring me out for half an hour next saturday is really concerning me
There wasn't a support act.

Moz - No Tin Ham! - Mozza's sound improves with age, liked the Spanish guitar influence. Have to mention the abattoir in the room. Whilst Morrissey might see this as an opportunity to influence a captive audience it's also an opportunity to put them off. A bit of a mood killer towards the end of the gig..flat, yes. With great power comes great responsibility...he obviously read it one way... Grun DMC

Nice drum outro:

THANK YOU Doc ! Love Speedway and what others have described as the crowd carrying the IBEH lyrics - and Moz's enthusiastic "YES!" He seems very into it as does the crowd. And the white shirt that looked lovely became a shirt toss.
Agree nice drum outro ha including pushing over the whole drum set!

Last edited by a moderator:
directly after, two people on my side of the arena appeared to collapse !! couldve been the drink though, have to admit i look away, ive seen it once and dont wish to view it again, i respect his views,and yours if your a veggie,im not strong enough to do it though

Does anyone know, during the music played pre show, about 7.45 ish, there was a track by a male singer with an incredible sort of string sounding backing, anyone know who it was by? sounded a bit 60,s ish , song was about how he,d been spurned by a lover,just before the played Lazy Sunday afternoon!!

Indeed. But that was a good set of songs. World Peace isn't.

That's a bit unfair. There was plenty of reaction for Kiss Me A Lot, Staircase and Bullfighter, there are then a couple of tracks, Smiler and I'm Not A Man that don't translate quite as well.

It was a good show and I enjoyed it, although I recognise it wasn't up there with the O2. Moz did seem to take about six songs to get into it, and didn't seem entirely comfortable during Kiss Me A Lot. Whatever it was, he powered through. What She Said is a great addition to the set list. I don't know why, but I do think adding I Want The One I Can't Have and maybe...Boy Racer would pep thing up for the complainers. Everyone should know what's on the menu now....Moz isn't offering an a la carte setlist, ever. Crowd certainly knew the lyrics to IBEH during the pause in Speedway. But I'm not disappointed and awoke with happy memories and a smile. Onto Bournemouth...

Does anyone know, during the music played pre show, about 7.45 ish, there was a track by a male singer with an incredible sort of string sounding backing, anyone know who it was by? sounded a bit 60,s ish , song was about how he,d been spurned by a lover,just before the played Lazy Sunday afternoon!!

The 2nd track in was Tim Buckley which kind of fits your discription, not sure which song it was though.

Thank you to the few who have taken the time to write a review of the gig. It's just a pity we have to suffer through 50 troll comment to find 1 genuine review on here these days.

Unfortunately I couldn't make the tour last year so from a personal point of view I'm quite happy to still see some WPINOYB songs on the set list and there's a couple of Smiths songs I have yet to hear live. so I'm quite happy. I'm usually accepting of the set list. Moz has said numerous times that he only sings the songs that he feels like singing so if we want him to continue singing on stage with passion and emotion then we have to accept that these are the songs that he's connecting with at the moment and that's that.

What was it like standing there? Were you close to the stage? Did you have a good time? How did the Mrs. enjoy it? I am glad he performed and you were there. Good on you!

We were about ten people back - pretty much a couple of people further forward in that Every Day is Like Sunday clip but the same place, my mrs wasn't going further than that! We both really enjoyed it, me slightly more so but she was singing along to every song so well done on that. More importantly Moz and his band were in sparkling form.

Last edited:
absolutely, you know what you are getting,i saw Noel Gallagher Tuesday night at the 02, and alot of people only seemed interested when he did an Oasis song, of which actually he only did 3 or 4,whilst there are some Morrissey songs he played last night which arent my favourites i respect his right to play whatever he wants

Thoughts from last night
After the cancellation earlier in the week was not sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised
Morrissey's voice seems to get better with age and he really seemed to enjoy the gig
Best part of 100minutes played so no gripes about that
Arena wasn't full but more people were there than I thought
Atmosphere was OK
Personally I thought it was great - if anything the set list a bit top heavy with WPINOYB tracks ( Smiler dragged a bit ) but not really a surprise
Highlights for me Queen is Dead Suedehead Stop Me Speedway ( first 2 and last 2)

If you're seeing him on this tour you'll enjoy it

Great gig really enjoyed it, atmosphere was pretty much what I was expecting at an arena style venue. Morrissey on good form sang 20 great songs which flew by, thoroughly enjoyable night.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom