Nottingham - Capital FM Arena (Mar.13, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Smiler With Knife / Scandinavia / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not A Man / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat is Murder / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before // Speedway

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
I really don't know why he doesn't sing so much song on stage. 16-20 songs are not enough. Be serious. Leonard Cohen, 80, can sing almost 30 songs live with a short intermission. Three years ago, I've seen him, that night was marvelous. And guess what, 30 songs only include 8 new material. Rest was combination of old hits and rare songs.

Going all the way back. Moz has always had a short set. Bruce Springsteen has 3 hour shows. My thought would be if I am there and everything is in place to perform and the crowd is totally engaged why not just go a little longer. After all these years all I can come up with is "it is just not his style". Like his lyric " I am mine" he is if nothing else and nothing more...himself. Maybe an old showbiz truism...leave them wanting more perhaps. Truth be told he could sing 30 songs and we would still want more.

It's all a question of balance, leaving aside bring me the head of elton John, he has never concentrated to this degree on a new album, who are you to state if you do not like the set list that you should be off somewhere. The anonymous fascist

You clearly missed the Your Arsenal tour where he performed 9/10 of the album tracks.

Well, it's quite easy to understand. Let him sing 30 songs per night like Leonard Cohen and we are quickly back in time at The Boston Opera House June 7 2014. So much we all should know by now.

Just like everyone's bodily constitution/health is completely different and impossible to compare, so is the capacity of every different throat/set of vocal chords to deliver. Ask a doctor (maybe Skinny is married to one?) and they will confirm it. Just because Leonard Cohen can do 30 songs a night doesn't mean every other human being is capable of the same. Plenty of other artists play short sets and just as many play long sets - it's about individual capacity. I'm sure he'd happily do 30 songs if he could - then his vocal chords would be wrecked, the tour would be abandoned and the same people would be complaining that he was over-stretching himself. I realise that this doesn't suit the So_Low agenda where it's preferable to assume that he's "not into it, bored, flat, going through the motions, singing poor setlists" etc etc.

Someone called it a flat gig. Can someone confirm this?

Definitely not a flat gig.

When Ding Dong The Witch is dead comes on during the 30 minute film segment, you can hear people starting to click that its about Thatcher. The crowd love it and laugh. Brilliant moment.

Moz walks on.

Before the first song, M says something something something "... glad to be in NOTTS."

The Queen Is Dead
Suedehead
Staircase At The University
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Kiss Me A Lot
Istanbul
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
One Of Our Own
Smiler With Knife
Scandinavia
What She Said (with Rubber Ring outro)
Everyday Is Like Sunday
I'm Not A Man
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
Meat Is Murder
The Bullfighter Dies
People Are The Same Everywhere
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before

Speedway

The crowd were really up for it. Beer bottles flying all over the place as Suedehead comes one. Everyone was belting out Sunday and Suedehead. Even during Meat Is Murder, people seemed like they were moved by the video and being converted in the process. Moz changed the lyrics to "Bacon. Ham. SPAM. Lamb. Murder" - not sure if he's done this before? It was hilarious either way. Everyone loved the new stuff and were applauding very generously. Gustavo's Spanish guitar solo in Staircase(?) went down brilliantly - people cheering loudly. After Paris, he mentions the Brit Awards and people yelled in agreement, he said something like "you agree", points to another place in the crowd: "you agree..." "you didn;t say anything, but you agree!"

Comes back on stage for the encore and dedicates (?) the song to Arthur Seaton and says something like "for what it's worth... i've enjoyed myself". Speedway sounded brilliant. At the part the music stops, halfway through the song, he sings Irish Blood, English Heart accapella. "I've been dreaming of a time when, the English are sick to death of Labour..." The crowd are singing it full pelt. Moz stops singing and lets people sing it for quite a while. Quite magical. And then Speedway comes back in and that was the end. This bit was definitely the highlight of the night. Brilliant ending.

Pretty good gig all round. The band are excellen and the sound is big. The wp material is very good live but the big audience energy fluctuates as a good contingent still come along for ye olde smiths - I still don't understand that in 2015, hey ho. Nice little Irish blood cameo in the speedway encore split. Reckon sat night crowd energy will add a bit so Bournemouth should have a great night.

It was a great gig! I really enjoyed it, he seemed really up for it. Looks like those days of rest really spruced him up. All of the band were on top form and when he outed with speedway during the blackout the entire crowd helped sing 'I've been dreaming a time when the English and Sick to death of Labour and Torys and spit apon the name of Oliver Cromwell and we'll salute him' He seemed really into that. All songs were on top form. He went on about the Brits saying 'Did you watch the Brits' met with a fantastic 'Nooooo'. By all accounts a great set.

Setlist is as follows (not right order ish)
The Queen Is Dead
Suedhead
Kiss Me A lot
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
One of Our own
Every Day is like Sunday
The Bullfighter dies
Istanbul
What She Said
Stop Me If you have heard this one before
Meat Is Murder
Smiler With Knife
I'm Not A Man
People are the same everywhere
I'm throwing my arms around Paris
Speedway
Probs another one - Can't think.

Pre Show Vids and Music mainly the same as last year's tour. With the addition to some random heavy rock band with some rather cool video.

Last edited:

When Ding Dong The Witch is dead comes on during the 30 minute film segment, you can hear people starting to click that its about Thatcher. The crowd love it and laugh. Brilliant moment.

Moz walks on.

Before the first song, M says something something something "... glad to be in NOTTS."

The Queen Is Dead
Suedehead
Kiss Me A Lot
Istanbul
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
One Of Our Own
Smiler With Knife
Scandinavia
Everyday Is Like Sunday
I'm Not A Man
Meat Is Murder
The Bullfighter Dies

Speedway

The crowd were really up for it. Beer bottles flying all over the place as Suedehead comes one. Everyone was belting out Sunday and Suedehead. Even during Meat Is Murder, people seemed like they were moved by the video and being converted in the process. Moz changed the lyrics to "Bacon. Ham. SPAM. Lamb. Murder" - not sure if he's done this before? It was hilarious either way. Everyone loved the new stuff and were applauding very generously. Gustavo's Spanish guitar solo in Staircase(?) went down brilliantly - people cheering loudly. After Paris, he mentions the Brit Awards and people yelled in agreement, he said something like "you agree", points to another place in the crowd: "you agree..." "you didn;t say anything, but you agree!"

Comes back on stage for the encore and dedicates (?) the song to Arthur Seaton and says something like "for what it's worth... i've enjoyed myself". Speedway sounded brilliant. At the part the music stops, halfway through the song, he sings Irish Blood, English Heart accapella. "I've been dreaming of a time when, the English are sick to death of Labour..." The crowd are singing it full pelt. Moz stops singing and lets people sing it for quite a while. Quite magical. And then Speedway comes back in and that was the end. This bit was definitely the highlight of the night. Brilliant ending.

Children in a Dublin school give a presentation on their parents' occupation. One of them silences the class by telling them his father is a drag act and stripper in a gay nightclub. Afterwards, the teacher commends the child on his bravery, but he replies: "Sorry, I had to make something up. He actually captains the English cricket team.e made me laugh

I'm really annoyed! I'm going to the Birmingham gig and I haven't paid £45 just to here him sing almost the same stuff that he did at the O2! Why hasn't he changed his setlist?

outside of the ususal suspects acting crazy even before the show started, the show never got off the ground.
moz would turn and glance and the empty row of seats and shake his head.

So Sicknote Steve finally showed up !
Did his mum force him to attend this time ?
Did she say " now Steve , you've already missed one day this week, you don't want to be falling behind. "
And he said "but mum ! I'm busy reading my NME, polishing my New York Dolls record cover, and eating from the tray of cheese you left outside my bedroom door. "
And she replied "well Steven, you're not getting any more sicknotes from me ! You're attending tonight and that's final ."

L M A O ! You couldn't make it up !

Can't wait to see what old chestnuts he decided to perform for the lucky Nottingham crowd tonight ! 'People are the same' again I presume ? And a few aphorisms worthy of old Clough ? Not on your life ! He doesn't compare, never could.

R.I.P. Clough my son ! You'll be spinning in your grave with his fraud taking the stage in your once noble city. If I was there he'd get a pork chop across the mush ! And some grated cheese for desert. Here's a football chant for you Cloughie, mate, we'll always remember you. " Ste-mo, Ste mo, Who ate all the cheese? WHO ATE ALL THE CHEESE ? Tosserry did ! L O L ! We'll always remember that too.

Hey Steven ! Here's another one just for you me old mucka! The vocal cords are just getting warmed up now !

It's a shame, it's a shame, but cheese tastes the same, EVERYWHERE !
Hoist me up from the herd, and dairy cows are slaughtered EVERYWHERE !
But then Sicknote Steve had to stumble and stall,
And Sicknote Steve had to make the biggest mistake of all,
He ate some more cheese ! YEAH ! YEAH ! YEAH !

Pity I couldn't make it to Nottingham tonight, might make it to Brum though. With a pork chop down me keks ! If you're looking for me Tosserry I'll be the one down the front making moo-ing sounds. Ste-moooooo . Ste-mooooo . I'll have on your new t-shirt with the Her Majesty on it, the one with the stolen art-work . It'll be easy to spot me when the house lights come up, do your worst . Or will you take the coward's way out ? You'll only have a split second to decide.

And your mum won't be there to make the decision for you !
L M F A O ! ! ! :mock:

Born to Harangue

Thankfully now the people who ACTUALLY ATTENDED the show are posting things are a lot more positive. Glad the REAL fans had such an amazing night! Bournemouth here we come x

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really annoyed! I'm going to the Birmingham gig and I haven't paid £45 just to here him sing almost the same stuff that he did at the O2! Why hasn't he changed his setlist?

Don't bother going then.

outside of the ususal suspects acting crazy even before the show started, the show never got off the ground.
moz would turn and glance and the empty row of seats and shake his head.

Next time stay at home and watch the telly.

Someone called it a flat gig. Can someone confirm this?
Why it this so important to you that you require confirmation? Maybe you should have made the effort to attend if you cared so much. You post is flat.

moz can charge 200 quid for a 30 min show consisting of the new album in its entirety with no encore, and the hard cores would be cheering as if it were the greatest thing that has happened to them.

From what I'm seeing on IG it doesn't seem flat at all.
Granted they're just quick blips but he seems energetic and the posters seem happy.

Moz walks on.

The Queen Is Dead
Suedehead
Kiss Me A Lot
Istanbul
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
One Of Our Own
Smiler With Knife
Scandinavia
Everyday Is Like Sunday
I'm Not A Man
Meat Is Murder
The Bullfighter Dies

Speedway

Brilliantly summed up. Some nice interaction between songs too. Some fella near the front was on his mate's shoulders trying to get noticed, Moz pretty much blanked him but then directed the word prostitute at him during Istanbul.

Some things are going to be ace, like What She Said/Rubber Ring, but other things stood out far more than on record. I'm not a man was superb. And that line in Meat Is Murder...

Why it this so important to you that you require confirmation? Maybe you should have made the effort to attend if you cared so much. You post is flat.

stephen, how long have you been hitting the vodka a the hotel?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom