Northern Portrait - The Fallen Aristocracy EP

CharlieFairhead

Loweringthetonesince1974
I just bought a fantastic 4 track EP by Northern Portrait, The Smiths, The Sundays and the Trashcan Sinatras are all in the mix...that good. All the tracks are really strong which is unusual these days for a single release.
http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=298828
I think most of the ep is on their myspace
http://www.myspace.com/northernportrait

northernportrait.jpg

That was surprisingly excellent. Ta for the recommendation. When I went to their Myspace, the first thing I thought was 'The Sundays', but then it broadened out. Very good.

Peter

That was surprisingly excellent. Ta for the recommendation. When I went to their Myspace, the first thing I thought was 'The Sundays', but then it broadened out. Very good.

Peter

I'm glad you enjoyed it Peter, all the songs up on their profile sound really great...i'm really looking forward to hearing the album later this year.
Cheers!

Thanks for that! Great name--and cover too. Wonder if the cover for 'Fallen Aristocracy' was 'borrowed' from some a certain time or place.

Thanks for that! Great name--and cover too. Wonder if the cover for 'Fallen Aristocracy' was 'borrowed' from some a certain time or place.

Hello HBR.
Yeah it certainly doesn't look staged..quite random.
The whole package is rather fine, i hope they can carry an album off to the same standards...that's the big test.
Take care!

thanks for the intro to some new music.

some people post stuff that the entire universe heard back in 1984 around here and it baffles me.

I got a chance to listen to the track Crazy and really enjoyed it..The cover art is also fantastic..I will be ordering this one..cheers

The person in the photo is Palle Sørensen who in 1965 shot and killed 4 policemen in Copenhagen.

He's still alive and no longer in prison, and the story is that Stefan (Northern Portrait frontman) one day thought he saw Palle Sørensen at his local supermarket. He went home, googled his name, found the photo (and realized that it actually WAS him) and liked it so much that he downloaded it. When he wanted to use it as cover for the EP, he had to contact Palle Sørensen to get his permission to use it, which he immediately granted.

News on the album is that it's progressing, although very slowly!

I spoke to the guys on e-mail last night..Looks like they are setting up a little west coast tour around the time of the Pop festival..We might head out there for a little vacation and check out a show or two.

Back
Top Bottom