Northern Portrait: Criminal Art Lovers

Re: Northern Portrait- Criminal Art Lovers

It was supposed to be out by November, but still hasn't surfaced.
Anyone know what happened?
When is it sheduled?

I just ordered a matinee records for 10 € but I've got, I think I have not heard something like this since the queen is dead.

Visited their Myspace page.

Sounds good. Really good. :)

music sounds pleasant enough but singer's voice is a bit like that funny fella from Gene (not a huge compliment where I come from)...

So, is this worth checking out? Sounds like? I have a love-hate relationship with modern indiepop. One day I'll cherish it, the next loathe it more than life itself.

So, is this worth checking out? Sounds like? I have a love-hate relationship with modern indiepop. One day I'll cherish it, the next loathe it more than life itself.

Words can be very misleading, so why don't you find out for yourself :)

http://www.myspace.com/northernportrait

I wonder why they're still absolutely unknown in their home country. Seems like they're something like an international insiders tip.

Am now listening to their ep Napoleon Sweetheart for the third time in a row. I quite like it. Even though their sound is very typical of bands of this kind.

music sounds pleasant enough but singer's voice is a bit like that funny fella from Gene (not a huge compliment where I come from)...

I think they sound like (even) lesser known 90s indie band Geneva...this to me is a good thing but I'm sure not everyone would agree...!

I loved Geneva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad!! His voice was amazing...when they played live it totally blew you away...

Apologies, I digress...

Think I'll buy this Northern Portait album then:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Northern Portrait - Criminal Art Lovers

The amazing debut album is out now on Matinee. A band that wears it's Smiths influence proudly on it's sleeve.

Every home should have one.

Re: Northern Portrait - Criminal Art Lovers

i like the EPs so it should be nice to hear this

Mr Bob. You will love it! Get to Monorail or Avalanche now. Myself and Mr Z concur that it's corker. Very, very reminiscent of early Smiths.

Mr. Fairhead. I'm happy to know, you know, you know. If you see what I mean?

Smiles,
G

Back
Top Bottom