Norm MacDonald Laughter Accolades

Guess Norm and Drake Sather were really good friends.
They wrote together on Dennis Miller and had complimentin'
senses of humor.
Sadly Drake committed suicide and ya gotta figure that it
was pretty hard for Norm (plus many others).

This story is super funny.
Been crackin' up all day.

Last edited:
They talk about old movies and character actors.
The Mario Cantone ones are super funny.
The Super Dave (Bob Einstein) is too.
Guess they had a open invitation for Norm to come
on, but he never did it.

https://www.gilbertpodcast.com/?s=mario+cantone&post_type=post
im sorry, wildT, i tried to listen to it but it was just too cacophonus, what with all the laughter. the thing is, i like it when i get to see a person make the jokes. and gilbert's squinty eyed face (and the fact that you dont know if he's scrunching up his face on purpose or if his face is just like that) is a good part of what makes him funny.

by the way, wildT, ive been wanting to tell you, theres this girl at work who's always calling me by the wrong name. i decided that im going to pull a norm and not corrrect her, just let her think that that's my name :lbf:

im sorry, wildT, i tried to listen to it but it was just too cacophonus, what with all the laughter. the thing is, i like it when i get to see a person make the jokes. and gilbert's squinty eyed face (and the fact that you dont know if he's scrunching up his face on purpose or if his face is just like that) is a good part of what makes him funny.

by the way, wildT, ive been wanting to tell you, theres this girl at work who's always calling me by the wrong name. i decided that im going to pull a norm and not corrrect her, just let her think that that's my name :lbf:

Ya should be sorry rifke.
After I went ahead and went through all that
time and effort to copy and paste the link. 😯

Haha, that's great about the name though. :sunglasses:
Have ya thought of what ya might say to her if she
realizes she's been callin' ya the wrong name?

Heard Conan tell the story about this joke.
Norm had already been on the segment before and at commercial break
there was some kind of problem with the next guest, so the producer asked
Norm to stay on and do a extra segment.
Since Norm didn't have anything prepared, he decided to do the Moth joke
for as long as he could.

Ya should be sorry rifke.
After I went ahead and went through all that
time and effort to copy and paste the link. 😯

Haha, that's great about the name though. :sunglasses:
Have ya thought of what ya might say to her if she
realizes she's been callin' ya the wrong name?
haha well she happened to find out today. she was wanting to switch a shift with me because she couldnt work next saturday, and she came over to me with the schedule book, pointed to this other name that she's been calling me, and said "since you're not working next saturday can you take my shift?" and so i was like "well that's a problem because im not A__". i had already decided that i wouldnt make a big deal out of it when she found out, just shrug or say 'yeah', because i just accept that people around here are bozos and ive long since stopped holding them up to higher standards. it's all the same to me whether they call me by my name or some other name.

Heard Conan tell the story about this joke.
Norm had already been on the segment before and at commercial break
there was some kind of problem with the next guest, so the producer asked
Norm to stay on and do a extra segment.
Since Norm didn't have anything prepared, he decided to do the Moth joke
for as long as he could.
i love how he imbues the moths with the names and deep emotions of characters like out of tolstoy but in the end the moth cant escape the fact that he's just a moth with moth instincts. :lbf:

it's sort of like his pig joke too. the pig is this noble heroic life saving pig, but in the end he cant escape the fact that he's a pig and his purpose (according to the farmers) is to be eaten.

i love how he imbues the moths with the names and deep emotions of characters like out of tolstoy but in the end the moth cant escape the fact that he's just a moth with moth instincts. :lbf:
You mean the gist of the entire joke?

haha well she happened to find out today. she was wanting to switch a shift with me because she couldnt work next saturday, and she came over to me with the schedule book, pointed to this other name that she's been calling me, and said "since you're not working next saturday can you take my shift?" and so i was like "well that's a problem because im not A__". i had already decided that i wouldnt make a big deal out of it when she found out, just shrug or say 'yeah', because i just accept that people around here are bozos and ive long since stopped holding them up to higher standards. it's all the same to me whether they call me by my name or some other name.

"well that's a problem..." :sunglasses:
The heck with the bozos. :lbf:

Tags
norm macdonald
Back
Top Bottom