Norm MacDonald Laughter Accolades

of course! i would consider it my duty and responsibility as one of the most interesting people on the planet. naturally people are dying to know how i tick and it's nice if i can throw them a little bone every now and again. :lbf:

Really appreciate it rifke!
Thanks again for ya contributin' contributions! :)

The Jim Lipton questionnaire comes from French television
personality Bernard Pivot's show “Apostrophes”.

• What is your favorite word?
  • What is your least favorite word?
  • What turns you on?
  • What turns you off?
  • What sound or noise do you love?
  • What sound or noise do you hate?
  • What is your favorite curse word?
  • What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
  • What profession would you not like to do?
  • If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

Really appreciate it rifke!
Thanks again for ya contributin' contributions! :)

The Jim Lipton questionnaire comes from French television
personality Bernard Pivot's show “Apostrophes”.

• What is your favorite word?
  • What is your least favorite word?
  • What turns you on?
  • What turns you off?
  • What sound or noise do you love?
  • What sound or noise do you hate?
  • What is your favorite curse word?
  • What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
  • What profession would you not like to do?
  • If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
well thank ya, wildT, for creating such a fabulous thread which always ensures a laugh!!

well, i dont know, wildT, i dont think these questions are really gonna showcase how INTERESTING i am, but nevertheless ill do it! if only for posterity and because the people want to know!!

• What is your favorite word? thats such a hard one because a word is not just one thing! there are some words i like because they feel great to say like chiaroscuro or quattrocento or palimpsest or seraphim or deliquescence. then there are words i like to say because they make me sound pretentious like verisimilitude or beatitudinous or perspicacious or desideratum. then there are words i like for the particularity of their meaning like impervious, affinity, or insouciant. then there words that are poetically beautiful but dont have the same satisfying feel as quattrocento like caryatid, lachrymose or chrysalid. then there are words where i like what that word invokes like languorous, accidie, ague, or etiolate. then there are words that i like to use but dont like what they represent like philistine or odious. then there are my favourite response words like lame or rad. then there are my favourite exclamatory words like stupendous or smashing or sublime. but there is no single word that is number one in all of these categories so i dont see how i could ever have one favourite word! impossible question!
  • What is your least favorite word? mishmash, pimple, honk, hunk, hug. the thing about my least favourite words is that part of them being my least favourite is that i dont like to say them, even to say that they are my least favourite. also hate namaste and karma in common usage (as seen on yoga bags and such)
  • What turns you on? a high level of consciousness
  • What turns you off? a low level of consciousness
  • What sound or noise do you love? norm macdonald's voice
  • What sound or noise do you hate? sniffling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • What is your favorite curse word? f***wit
  • What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? other than being the most interest person ever?! writer, dominatrix , museum curator, wandering ascetic, criminal defense attorney.
  • What profession would you not like to do? almost anything else
  • If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? everyone is permitted entry, even turkeys.
you should do it too, wildT!!

Last edited:
Norms Stanksgivin' thanks.

it's thanksgiving weekend here in canada, wildt. did you know that? it's a good thing you're in the US, otherwise id have to tell you to keep yourself safe!! (Dont worry I will not be eating any turkeys!!! probs some pumpkin pie though!! :yum:)

i feel really stupid, i didnt understand half of those jokes wildT. :( (the ones i did understand were funny though!!)

Last edited:
it's thanksgiving weekend here in canada, wildt. did you know that? it's a good thing you're in the US, otherwise id have to tell you to keep yourself safe!! (Dont worry I will not be eating any turkeys!!! probs some pumpkin pie though!! :yum:)

i feel really stupid, i didnt understand half of those jokes wildT. :( (the ones i did understand were funny though!!)

That's kinda weird.
Didn't know at all.
Everyone's thankful except the Turkeys and
the Indigenous folks. :cry:

My favorite thanks is when Norm said he'll never forget
the guy who saved his life. He didn't remember his name
but he thinks the guy had a mustache. :lbf:

well thank ya, wildT, for creating such a fabulous thread which always ensures a laugh!!

well, i dont know, wildT, i dont think these questions are really gonna showcase how INTERESTING i am, but nevertheless ill do it! if only for posterity and because the people want to know!!

• What is your favorite word? thats such a hard one because a word is not just one thing! there are some words i like because they feel great to say like chiaroscuro or quattrocento or palimpsest or seraphim or deliquescence. then there are words i like to say because they make me sound pretentious like verisimilitude or beatitudinous or perspicacious or desideratum. then there are words i like for the particularity of their meaning like impervious, affinity, or insouciant. then there words that are poetically beautiful but dont have the same satisfying feel as quattrocento like caryatid, lachrymose or chrysalid. then there are words where i like what that word invokes like languorous, accidie, ague, or etiolate. then there are words that i like to use but dont like what they represent like philistine or odious. then there are my favourite response words like lame or rad. then there are my favourite exclamatory words like stupendous or smashing or sublime. but there is no single word that is number one in all of these categories so i dont see how i could ever have one favourite word! impossible question!
  • What is your least favorite word? mishmash, pimple, honk, hunk, hug. the thing about my least favourite words is that part of them being my least favourite is that i dont like to say them, even to say that they are my least favourite. also hate namaste and karma in common usage (as seen on yoga bags and such)
  • What turns you on? a high level of consciousness
  • What turns you off? a low level of consciousness
  • What sound or noise do you love? norm macdonald's voice
  • What sound or noise do you hate? sniffling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • What is your favorite curse word? f***wit
  • What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? other than being the most interest person ever?! writer, dominatrix , museum curator, wandering ascetic, criminal defense attorney.
  • What profession would you not like to do? almost anything else
  • If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? everyone is permitted entry, even turkeys.
you should do it too, wildT!!

a high level of consciousness :thumb:

norm macdonald's voice :hearteyes:

dominatrix :astonished:

even turkeys. 😇

That's kinda weird.
Didn't know at all.
Everyone's thankful except the Turkeys and
the Indigenous folks. :cry:

My favorite thanks is when Norm said he'll never forget
the guy who saved his life. He didn't remember his name
but he thinks the guy had a mustache. :lbf:
that was one i didnt get! is it just as straightforward as it sounds or am i missing something?
i mean, are you supposed to know the name of the guy who saved your life in a fire? is there something funny about having a mustache? or is it just funny that he remembered some arbitrary thing about him rather than his name? i hate not getting norms jokes!! :(

a high level of consciousness :thumb:

norm macdonald's voice :hearteyes:

dominatrix :astonished:

even turkeys. 😇
i mean, i dont wanna hear norm sing but there's something about the quality of his voice that i just love. but then there's something about EVERYTHING about norm that i just love. even that ring of fat around his neck :love:

as for the dominatrix thing, i really just wanna stomp around in leather and look menacing. that's all THAT'S about.

you need to do it too, wildT!! even if it's just to say that gobble is your favourite word and that your turn off is people who cant turkey step!

that was one i didnt get! is it just as straightforward as it sounds or am i missing something?
i mean, are you supposed to know the name of the guy who saved your life in a fire? is there something funny about having a mustache? or is it just funny that he remembered some arbitrary thing about him rather than his name? i hate not getting norms jokes!! :(
That sophisticated intellect strikes again!

It's a funny premise to me. Someone does the selfless act
of savin' ya life, but ya don't even remember their name or
even what they look like.
It's kinda a mean joke.
Norm has a little bit of a mean streak in his comedy, cause
he always goes for the joke and also likes to try to make a
joke out of somethin' that ya not supposed to laugh at.

i mean, i dont wanna hear norm sing but there's something about the quality of his voice that i just love. but then there's something about EVERYTHING about norm that i just love. even that ring of fat around his neck :love:

as for the dominatrix thing, i really just wanna stomp around in leather and look menacing. that's all THAT'S about.

you need to do it too, wildT!! even if it's just to say that gobble is your favourite word and that your turn off is people who cant turkey step!

"i really just wanna stomp around in leather and look menacing." :astonished:
This answer keeps gettin' more astonishin'.
It's also hilarious how ya just casually put dominatrix in between
writer and museum curator. :lbf:
What kind of museum by the way?

I meant to do it yesterday, but ran out of time!

What is your favorite word?
Turkey! Folks always use Turkey as a disparagin' remark, but I go ahead and
use it as a affirmation!
What is your least favorite word?
Bills. If ya send Wild T a bill, it's to the wrong address.
What turns you on?
Turkey Steppin'.
What turns you off?
Turkey murder.
What sound or noise do you love?
Rain sounds outside my window. The sound off a cars tires on the wet pavement.
The pingin' off the rain on the window air conditioner. Heavy rainfallin' on the
sidewalk. Also, walkin' in the rain and the sound of the rain hittin' my umbrella.
What sound or noise do you hate?
Abattoir sounds. The saddest sounds.
What is your favorite curse word?
Never put a curse on someone, but I think ya supposed to go "Abracadabra!"
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I ain't no professional. I'm a consummate amateur.
What profession would you not like to do?
Honest Abe, I ain't no professional! I'll leave that kinda stuff to the high
faultin' folks.
If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Ya got no idea how fun this is gonna be. Here we go!

Tags
norm macdonald
Back
Top Bottom