none

• Thread starter Arse of a pantomime horse
  • Start date
Re: smiling happy Fabricio

Fabricio, it wasn't you in the cinema now was it?!

> Oh yes. For example, knowing the state of her nerves, she
> wouldn't be too thrilled to know that when I went out to see a
> movie by myself because the communication wires with my friends
> got crossed and I couldn't figure out where the hell they went
> to, and I decided to go and do something else and I ended up at
> this one place that serves beer and food as you watch the movie
> (alamo Draft house, to be exact)and that some older dude sitting
> a row ahead of me had picked up my tab even though he had asked
> me to "join him" in the seat next to him before the
> movie started and I told him "no" and how I had
> skipped out before the very end of the movie to avoid him
> (because, frankly, I didn't know what the hell to do. I would
> have preferred a method of giving the guy his money back, but I
> really didn't want to risk being sucked into a conversation with
> him, and so I didn't know what to do but blow the last few
> moments of the movie), and how I was walking back to my car that
> I realized I went one block too far over and I turned back
> around and some unrelated guy who had been walking behind me in
> my general direction asked me if I had a cigarette, and I told
> him "no" ("told" is probably the wrong word
> because I did make every effort to show that I was not
> interested in talking to him) and I circled back to find my car
> and he circled back around and obviously began following me at
> about 10 feet behind until I kept walking to where there were
> lots of other people around. He finally left, but I kept an eye
> out to make sure before I went back for my car.

> You know, this has been the 2nd time in my life I've turned
> around and found some dude following me. These were not on
> lonely desolate streets. These were in public places. Once, as I
> was leaving a restaurant/open mic thingie, and now, as I was
> leaving a movie. It's like, what the hell is wrong with these
> guys? Barring the stalkers, I really get uncomfortable over some
> guy wanting to pay my tab. I'm not impressed, and it makes me
> feel weird. All I know is that I got home last night and never
> felt so happy to see my kitty waiting outside for me.

This was a really scaring story, Suzanne. I felt for you, seriously. This is terrible, how some men act towards women in general. I had a repressed educaation, and my mother always talked bad things about men, that they are egotists and they are evil. I raised hearing these kind of things, and for one side this was bad because I had problems with my sexual image and life, but for another side I tend to respect women as human beings much more than most men I know.

I began to be a "macho man" with you, I know, but this is because I like you - and in my strange way I respect you.

> How do you feel now?

I feel tired because of my flu. And I am worried because of your story - there are so many crazy people in the world.

> Fabricio, it wasn't you in the cinema now was it?!

No, I wasn't there, but I have a friend who went to Austin last week. I'll ask him if he did something wrong there (well, I know he is affraid of his wife... but he has the same taste about women as I have...).

Anyway, if I stayed near Suzanne I couldn't say a word, i couldn't do a thing...

yet another bad cop movie with Denzel Washington

> This was a really scaring story, Suzanne. I felt for you,
> seriously. This is terrible, how some men act towards women in
> general. I had a repressed educaation, and my mother always
> talked bad things about men, that they are egotists and they are
> evil. I raised hearing these kind of things, and for one side
> this was bad because I had problems with my sexual image and
> life, but for another side I tend to respect women as human
> beings much more than most men I know.

Hell, even many women I know don't respect other women the same way they respect men. I made a demo tape for my friends by recording one of their shows, but they ended up being incredibly rude by complaining about it and not even saying, "thank you for freely volunteering your efforts when we needed some help" when the drummer (who I had a few 'I'm a man' ego problems with while I was trying to do the audio for their show) started promising some Brian Eno production out of a DAT recorder and a CD burner. If it's so special, why the hell hadn't he rounded it up before? Why let me bother lugging all my equipment over and wasting my entire weekend recording and trying to mix it when he could get a hold of something better? Why was his version of a microphone check him going up to the mic and going "shhhhh" very loudly into it, and not letting the singer who was actually using it sing anything into it?

Because he's full of @#!!!. Still, the girls in the group are like, "duh...guy smart! girl dumb!"

All that was really wrong with my tape is that the vox were a bit stronger than the rest of the mix. That's the only thing they had to complain about, and yet, they whined continously about this one thing. Then, they turn around and expect me to hand over one of my songs for them to perform!

> I began to be a "macho man" with you, I know, but this
> is because I like you - and in my strange way I respect you.

> I feel tired because of my flu. And I am worried because of your
> story - there are so many crazy people in the world.

They all live in Austin, which is the sad part. And for some weird reason, trailing women is a favorite past time of many of them. I worked with this guy once who told me about his girlfriend's car running out of gas along a road outside of town one night and how some guy in a truck came by and asked if she needed help, and she told him no, but she started walking to this gas station a ways up, and she turned around and found that this guy had pulled off somewhere, had gotten out of the truck, and was walking quietly behind her.

I can't really remember how it ended, but at least she is OK. I think she managed to flag someone down.

Re: yet another bad cop movie with Denzel Washington

God this strikes such a huge fuggin cord with me love! It is just soooooooo dumb, but then those pathetic enough to just try to flip it completely the other way are just as dumb and are actually going about things so badly they end up perpetuating the very ideals they are trying to undermine! Scheeeeesh, Why is it so hard for others to understand that it has got nothing to do with sex but rather
i n d v i d u a l i t y?!

It makes me hiss, and seethe, I feel all weak and then quite overcome by violent anger...and it's so arbitrary vacuous and unsupportable to boot! Challenge it and your either have a problem or must be a lesbian! Which is stupid because yeah, there is a big fuk.in problem - THEM - and being a woman and doing it with women is what makes you a lesbian, not reasoned argument.

This boy the other day was saying to my friend -"let's get something to eat, you know boys food, real boys food. So my friend Simon says what exactly do you MEAN by that, what exactly do you MEAN by boys food? And for answer...pies, pasties, beans, chips and other examples (of what my friend patiently pointed out as being) of food-food, genderless plain old both sexes straight or gay or whatever, everyone eats it run of the mill everyday food!

Conclusion:Most men are dumb, most women are dumb = Most PEOPLE are dumb.

Simone de Beauvoir put it well when she said:
"The terms masculine and feminine are used symmetrically only as a matter of form, as on legal papers. In actuality the relation of the two sexes is not quite like that of two electrical poles, for man represents both the positive and the neutral, as is indicated by the common use of man to designate human beings in general; whereas woman represents only the negative, defined by limiting criteria, without reciprocity. In the midst of an abstract discussion it is vexing to hear a man say: 'you think thus and so because you are a woman'; but I know that my only defence is to reply: 'I think thus and so because it is true,' thereby removing my subjective self from the argument. It would be out of the question to reply: 'And you think the contrary because you are a man', for it is understood that the fact of being a man is no peculiarity. A man is in the right being a man; it is the woman who is in the wrong."

> God this strikes such a huge fuggin cord with me love! It is
> just soooooooo dumb, but then those pathetic enough to just try
> to flip it completely the other way are just as dumb and are
> actually going about things so badly they end up perpetuating
> the very ideals they are trying to undermine! Scheeeeesh, Why is
> it so hard for others to understand that it has got nothing to
> do with sex but rather
> i n d v i d u a l i t y?!

I don't know. Sometimes, I think that some people are so dying for male companionship that they really don't care about logistics at this point.

Then, they start exhibiting those other "side effects" such as only inviting "safe" girls around when the guy they have a crush on will be there, or giggling too loudly at bad jokes, or cooking him an elaborate dinner when he barely knows her name.

But, they don't have a crush on him specifically. It's just the "oh, you're a guy, meow" thing.

I was so angry over this, that they have asked to play one of my songs, and even though they aren't being used these days for anything, I would rather have them sitting in the mothballs than reward them for what they have done. They are sadly lacking for any original material (ie things not originally sang by Ella Fitzgerald) that I feel like I can let them suffer some more.

And it is sad. I was hoping some of my stuff just wouldn't go to complete waste, and i felt like I had an opportunity to have it heard and maybe people would actually listen to it this time.

> It makes me hiss, and seethe, I feel all weak and then quite
> overcome by violent anger...and it's so arbitrary vacuous and
> unsupportable to boot! Challenge it and your either have a
> problem or must be a lesbian! Which is stupid because yeah,
> there is a big fuk.in problem - THEM - and being a woman and
> doing it with women is what makes you a lesbian, not reasoned
> argument.

I was complaining to someone about the kind of "service" i was getting when I would go to the hardware store (apparently, I'm not HANDY enough to do certain things. I don't need to know the technical aspects because I would only get confused), and the girl I was talking about it to was, "oh, it's all the same for all of us" but in a tone that she was put out about hearing me complain, and that I should just shut up and nod my head whenever some guy behind the counter blows me off as being too dumb.

Well, I was thinking about her boyfriend, and how if this behemoth who breaks everything he touches went to that same guy and asked the same thing I did, he would have been given the red carpet treatment.

That's what burns me up more. I have scientific proof that this guy breaks the @#!!! he tries to fix, and my track record is 5 billion times better.

> This boy the other day was saying to my friend -"let's get
> something to eat, you know boys food, real boys food. So my
> friend Simon says what exactly do you MEAN by that, what exactly
> do you MEAN by boys food? And for answer...pies, pasties, beans,
> chips and other examples (of what my friend patiently pointed
> out as being) of food-food, genderless plain old both sexes
> straight or gay or whatever, everyone eats it run of the mill
> everyday food!

Ah...that reminds me of when I was volunteering for SXSW and they fed us for free, and that when the guys came through the line, they were given huge helpings while the girls were given little dabs of food. When one girl asked for seconds (technically a no-no, but hey, nobody ever said anything about disportionate serving sizes), this guy went ballistic and really turned into the Food Nazi. He even got on the walkie talkie to the girl's supervisor to have him "explain" the food policy. He even told her not to come in the next day and bring her own lunch! It was one of the most bizarre experiences I have ever seen.

At last at very very long long last somebody who truly sees and understands! I have battled with this for sooooo long day in day out and it gets you down every now and then. Most people have total double-think when it comes to the situation, nearly everyday you come across something, just a little thing and after a time you just want to explode!

I'm little and blond and a I suppose I look quite gurlie - Well click on my name and look at my pic...Yet I can change my own flat tyre a helluv a lot better myself thankyou very much! And yes I love technology and machinary - I'm an undergrad in computer science for Morrissey's sake!

Despite all of this and knowing me personally, the 'boys food bandit' was trying to explain something about computers to me and got real arsey when I corrected him on a few gross errors he made...He read up that in general women have worse spacial awareness than men which in his tiny mind translates as ALL WOMEN en masse cannot reverse park!!!
This also registeres with him as another thing (ALL) men are better at it doesn't enter into his tiny little mind that there are other areas in which it is purported women ingeneral have a better grasp of than men...I mean what do you say to an idiot with two black eyes?..Do I have to tell you AGAIN! Oh and women don't want casual sex either and all lesbians would be straight if they had a chance of getting him! I mean what isn't wrong with this rabbitcake? Worst of all he is an example of the fuggin norm - scared? I am!

> At last at very very long long last somebody who truly sees and
> understands! I have battled with this for sooooo long day in day
> out and it gets you down every now and then. Most people have
> total double-think when it comes to the situation, nearly
> everyday you come across something, just a little thing and
> after a time you just want to explode!

The way I've come to see our "lack of abilities" is this:

people assume we are too dumb to understand, so they never explain it to us to begin with (or give us the "dumbed down" version that makes absolutely no sense), then they get put out when we ask questions because we don't have a clue as to what is going on, and since we don't "know" how to do it, they tell us to step aside.

I didn't really realize it until I began to see how much of the stuff I do is self taught, but it worked too well. Even at the times I'm overwhelmed with all the things I have to do, I would just rather do things to suit myself.

Not that I'm a tech whiz, but if someone bothered to explain the physicalities of what was wrong, then I could figure out what the hell needs to be done instead of having 4 guys out here to look at my air conditioning problem and them not having a fricking clue on the correct method to fix my problem....well, the fifth one has his head on straight, but my God...

> I'm little and blond and a I suppose I look quite gurlie - Well
> click on my name and look at my pic...Yet I can change my own
> flat tyre a helluv a lot better myself thankyou very much! And
> yes I love technology and machinary - I'm an undergrad in
> computer science for Morrissey's sake!

And I'm learing Kendo! Tonight was my first lesson. And I don't care how technically useless sword fighting is because it's cool.

> Despite all of this and knowing me personally, the 'boys food
> bandit' was trying to explain something about computers to me
> and got real arsey when I corrected him on a few gross errors he
> made...He read up that in general women have worse spacial
> awareness than men which in his tiny mind translates as ALL
> WOMEN en masse cannot reverse park!!!

I love pop science.

"A new study today says that onions are good for you...no, wait, this just in: onions combined with oatbran are good for you....we were wrong. a new study today said that it's not the onions, but the oatbran mixed with toothpaste, melatonin and a dab of red wine...."

It's the generalization that gets me. What exactly is "good"? They are studying one effect alone. They've left out the other factors, and how potentially "harmful" or "helpful" it is to other parts of the body.

Do you know how many people die each year from prescribed drugs taken in the correct dosage?

> This also registeres with him as another thing (ALL) men are
> better at it doesn't enter into his tiny little mind that there
> are other areas in which it is purported women ingeneral have a
> better grasp of than men...I mean what do you say to an idiot
> with two black eyes?..Do I have to tell you AGAIN! Oh and women
> don't want casual sex either and all lesbians would be straight
> if they had a chance of getting him! I mean what isn't wrong
> with this rabbitcake? Worst of all he is an example of the
> fuggin norm - scared? I am!

I don't think it's the conversion part of lesbianism that fascinates some guys. As my friend once explained it to me, "guys only like it when there is a chance they can join in."

In other words, they like the idea of a willing 3-some.

me no go

>Hell, even many women I know don't respect other women the same way they
>respect men.

This is true - I don't know why so many women are like this. Perhaps this is
the reason why men have the most part of the important jobs in the whole
world.

>I made a demo tape for my friends by recording one of their
>shows, but they ended up being incredibly rude by complaining about it and
not
>even saying, "thank you for freely volunteering your efforts when we needed
>some help" when the drummer (who I had a few 'I'm a man' ego problems with
>while I was trying to do the audio for their show) started promising some
>Brian Eno production out of a DAT recorder and a CD burner. If it's so
>special, why the hell hadn't he rounded it up before? Why was his
>version of a microphone check him going up to the mic and going "shhhhh"
very
>loudly into it, and not letting the singer who was actually using it sing
>anything into it?
>
>Because he's full of @#!!!. Still, the girls in the group are like,
"duh...guy
>smart! girl dumb!"
>
>All that was really wrong with my tape is that the vox were a bit stronger
>than the rest of the mix. That's the only thing they had to complain about,
>and yet, they whined continously about this one thing. Then, they turn
around
>and expect me to hand over one of my songs for them to perform!

Well, Suzanne, this is the bad thing with human beings in general: you just
can't trust in most of them. And you never must wait for compliments for the
good things you've done. You'll have lots of deceptions.

But I can see the good part of what happened with you: you'll never help
your friends again, will you? So you'll have less things to do in the
future.

>
>They all live in Austin, which is the sad part. And for some weird reason,
>trailing women is a favorite past time of many of them. I worked with this
guy
>once who told me about his girlfriend's car running out of gas along a road
>outside of town one night and how some guy in a truck came by and asked if
she
>needed help, and she told him no, but she started walking to this gas
station
>a ways up, and she turned around and found that this guy had pulled off
>somewhere, had gotten out of the truck, and was walking quietly behind her.

oh... this is scaring...

but you see, in Curitiba things are a little bit similar, I think. But I
don't know, because I am not a woman and I know few people.

>
>I can't really remember how it ended, but at least she is OK. I think she
>managed to flag someone down.

Much better this way, but it's not so good to be scared all the time in a
city...
>

> This is true - I don't know why so many women are like this.
> Perhaps this is
> the reason why men have the most part of the important jobs in
> the whole
> world.

actually, there are a few cultures in the world that are matriarchal. Matter of fact, the Phillipines were matriarchal before Spain conquered them and automatically reduced the rank of women as the head of the household.

> Well, Suzanne, this is the bad thing with human beings in
> general: you just
> can't trust in most of them. And you never must wait for
> compliments for the
> good things you've done. You'll have lots of deceptions.

I don't expect compliments. I expect a bit of gratitude. Here they are, this poor pitiful bunch that has no clue about how to pull their band together. They whine about their troubles and you want to help them out, and you give them a little bit of help to aid them in getting real shows by donating your time, equipment, and lots of worry over it, and well...

...you at least hope they would say they would keep your tape as a back-up just in case. After all, the only real "problem" they had with the tape was that the vocals were too loud.

> But I can see the good part of what happened with you: you'll
> never help
> your friends again, will you? So you'll have less things to do
> in the
> future.

But the thing is, I want to move towards helping people. I shouldn't be a selfish and mean old dote all by myself in this world, but its coming to that. Just about every time I make a sacrifice for someone, they find a way to repay me like that.

Compared to my ex-roommate, however, they are angels. I did something much more generous than make a stupid tape. Much much much much more....and I got pissed on for an entire year...

> oh... this is scaring...

> but you see, in Curitiba things are a little bit similar, I
> think. But I
> don't know, because I am not a woman and I know few people.

> Much better this way, but it's not so good to be scared all the
> time in a
> city...

True. And I keep thinking about it, and how I was actually lucky that I had misplaced my car. My circling back and him circling back behind me confirmed that there was something weird going on.

The guy at the restaurant...well, I lucked out in that I discovered him behind me just as I went out the door, that the door didn't exactly close behind me very quickly....

> actually, there are a few cultures in the world that are
> matriarchal. Matter of fact, the Phillipines were matriarchal
> before Spain conquered them and automatically reduced the rank
> of women as the head of the household.

well, perhaps the Phillipines were different kind of women, but I don't know what to say - their culture might be based on the fertility, the came tir power.

> I don't expect compliments. I expect a bit of gratitude. Here
> they are, this poor pitiful bunch that has no clue about how to
> pull their band together. They whine about their troubles and
> you want to help them out, and you give them a little bit of
> help to aid them in getting real shows by donating your time,
> equipment, and lots of worry over it, and well...

Well, these friends of simply aren't worthwhile, you have to forget them. There are good people in the world, and bad people in the world Suzanne. The bad ones don't deserve our attention. You have to find the good ones - it doesn't seem so, but they exist!

> ...you at least hope they would say they would keep your tape as
> a back-up just in case. After all, the only real
> "problem" they had with the tape was that the vocals
> were too loud.

Oh, they are evil, Suzanne. I feel for you. The greatest deceptions I had was from people I really liked.

> But the thing is, I want to move towards helping people. I
> shouldn't be a selfish and mean old dote all by myself in this
> world, but its coming to that. Just about every time I make a
> sacrifice for someone, they find a way to repay me like that.

The best way is to help others without waiting for anything - and if they are bad towards you, say them you think they are horrible people.

But I like to help others too. It's a good thing to do.

> Compared to my ex-roommate, however, they are angels. I did
> something much more generous than make a stupid tape. Much much
> much much more....and I got pissed on for an entire year...

Oh, life sometimes is difficult to bear - that's why we are Morrissey fans, don't you think?

I had this kind of experiences too.

> True. And I keep thinking about it, and how I was actually lucky
> that I had misplaced my car. My circling back and him circling
> back behind me confirmed that there was something weird going
> on.

ohhh... this is horrible...

> The guy at the restaurant...well, I lucked out in that I
> discovered him behind me just as I went out the door, that the
> door didn't exactly close behind me very quickly....

I'm praying for you. Have faith against bad people.

> well, perhaps the Phillipines were different kind of women, but
> I don't know what to say - their culture might be based on the
> fertility, the came tir power.

Actually, there was an archaeological dig somewhere around the mediterranean that found a culture very similar to the Amazon myth: the men were buried alongside the children as if they were the caretakers while the women were buried with weapons and had signs of rank.

In Babylon, the women were the ones in charge of business.

> Well, these friends of simply aren't worthwhile, you have to
> forget them. There are good people in the world, and bad people
> in the world Suzanne. The bad ones don't deserve our attention.
> You have to find the good ones - it doesn't seem so, but they
> exist!

No, good people occasionally do bad things. They aren't hideous people in general, or I would not have bothered with them to begin with.

I can be annoyed, but I can also think that many times they do things I appreciate. There is no sense completely beating them up over one thing. I mean, why perpetually punish people? They are fun in general, and we understand each other's stupidity. Do you think I get to engage in this with the people in the Sales department? I'm on of the very few non-married/non-divorced/non-engaged types running around up there. People start discussing their bridal showers and I completely glaze over.

If by some weird chance I ever got married, I think I would just run off somewhere. The whole thing about the excessive flowers and catering and sending invitations just sounds like a complete waste.

> Oh, they are evil, Suzanne. I feel for you. The greatest
> deceptions I had was from people I really liked.

I saw it coming. Maybe not on the scale that it happened, but I just wanted to ignore the signs.

> The best way is to help others without waiting for anything -
> and if they are bad towards you, say them you think they are
> horrible people.

on that you may be right. I think since I moved out of my situation that my personality has changed a lot. part of me feels like rejoining the human race again. a lot of me is very tired. i feel like "hey, why bother?" because the complete scale of lecherousness I encounter on a daily basis just ruins my fun.

> But I like to help others too. It's a good thing to do.

> Oh, life sometimes is difficult to bear - that's why we are
> Morrissey fans, don't you think?

> I had this kind of experiences too.

> ohhh... this is horrible...

It is. I'm very glad that some guys are freaks. I'm glad when I was 19 that despite my lack of experience, I had enough of a gut feeling not to go "fishing" with this one guy who turned around and tried to rape another girl with the same pretense.

I'm glad I attract so many losers. I'm glad that all of my music shows only came because the guy booking the shows had a crush on me. I'm glad whenever plumbers come over to fix my stuff and start asking me what year I am in school, and then proceding to try and rip me off. I'm glad about the guy in my Economics class years ago who started showing up at my house uninvited and getting angry whenever I spoke to this one guy in another class even though I had already told him there was no chance and for him to go away. I'm glad for the guy who intentionally used me to try and get the girl who dumped him (and who happened to hate my guts) jealous to get her back. I'm glad for Mud. I'll bet he starts trying to touch girls without their asking because he thinks they're nice looking, and since they are cute, they must automatically be his.

> I'm praying for you. Have faith against bad people.

> Actually, there was an archaeological dig somewhere around the
> mediterranean that found a culture very similar to the Amazon
> myth: the men were buried alongside the children as if they were
> the caretakers while the women were buried with weapons and had
> signs of rank.

Like bees! Cinderella goes all studious and intellectual here...so be patient and kind!! As any good anthropologist knows - even in our own society culture was originally matriarchal - as were most societies - (although it was more equilateral than anything else) but they called them matriarchal because any knowledge or skill or propery (very minimal property in those days) passed down the female line; for the very simple fact women always know who their children are, men on the other hand cannot be so instantly and steadfastly certain! And manogomy is not a natural human characteristic. So then a new epoch arises - the aquiring of private property - and as men are the ones physically fighting for this they figure they want to pass it down the male line etc, etc, and on... Then we find the emergence and idealisation of romantic love...ie love and marriage and monogomy blah, blah, blah... This curtails womens sexual freedom and ensures patriachy can prosper. Maybe this is why sexually promiscuous women are painted so foulley?! They are threatening the whole underlying, underpinning basis of patriarchy - they rock the boat most dangerously! Patriarchy is, if looked at in these terms, extremely fragile; it relies upon strict behavioural codes for only one sex, where as matriarchy relies upon no such thing, patriarchy fuels and necessitates the concept of woman as other. Man is The One and woman is then defined by her otherness to the criteria to be deemed a man. Uh-hu?

You seem to see the world through similar eyes to mine suzanne, this is beautifully refreshing - and a little scary - but hell with fear comes adrenalin!

There was a scary boy in my school who sent me an empty box for my birthday - he said the paper represented what I offered to him but when he looked deeper there was nothing there - I only knew this freak by sight! We should build a liferaft hun and cling together on it - it would ofcourse have to be a delux raft (liner) filled with all the luxuries of life and indepentdent means and cats!! Oh and lets not forget Morrissey as the ships entertainment staff...

Nice people always seem to suffer, its the story of life, twisted and sick I know! but my only mistake is I'm hoping...

> Like bees! Cinderella goes all studious and intellectual
> here...so be patient and kind!! As any good anthropologist knows
> - even in our own society culture was originally matriarchal -
> as were most societies - (although it was more equilateral than
> anything else) but they called them matriarchal because any
> knowledge or skill or propery (very minimal property in those
> days) passed down the female line; for the very simple fact
> women always know who their children are, men on the other hand
> cannot be so instantly and steadfastly certain! And manogomy is
> not a natural human characteristic. So then a new epoch arises -
> the aquiring of private property - and as men are the ones
> physically fighting for this they figure they want to pass it
> down the male line etc, etc, and on... Then we find the
> emergence and idealisation of romantic love...ie love and
> marriage and monogomy blah, blah, blah... This curtails womens
> sexual freedom and ensures patriachy can prosper. Maybe this is
> why sexually promiscuous women are painted so foulley?! They are
> threatening the whole underlying, underpinning basis of
> patriarchy - they rock the boat most dangerously! Patriarchy is,
> if looked at in these terms, extremely fragile; it relies upon
> strict behavioural codes for only one sex, where as matriarchy
> relies upon no such thing, patriarchy fuels and necessitates the
> concept of woman as other. Man is The One and woman is then
> defined by her otherness to the criteria to be deemed a man.
> Uh-hu?

Possibly. YOu have to imagine that there are many scenarios where it could be possible that matriarchy is much more strictly defined than what you say.

That makes the assumption that all power is based on how physically strong a person is. As I said, there were many cultures where women were the warriors. The men could not possibly be the ones fighting for the property, and indeed, there were many tribes of Native Americans where the hierarchy of gender was not observed.

The only thing that really matters is what a society deems important in the end. If the ability to have children was very highly regarded, things would be much different. No, instead all we care about is someone with the physical strength to play football.

> You seem to see the world through similar eyes to mine suzanne,
> this is beautifully refreshing - and a little scary - but hell
> with fear comes adrenalin!

I'm a bit glad coz I hate feeling I'm talking to brick walls as I usually do. Nobody ever gives a @#!!! when I point things out.

> There was a scary boy in my school who sent me an empty box for
> my birthday - he said the paper represented what I offered to
> him but when he looked deeper there was nothing there - I only
> knew this freak by sight! We should build a liferaft hun and
> cling together on it - it would ofcourse have to be a delux raft
> (liner) filled with all the luxuries of life and indepentdent
> means and cats!! Oh and lets not forget Morrissey as the ships
> entertainment staff...

Ha! Yes, my cat is crashed out on my bed. She doesn't like the rain that much and actually curls up somewhere in my house if she doesn't like it out there.

Poor kitty had some other well-fed neighbors cat running up there and trying to steal her food this morning. And I fed her inside tonight, and i just got through closing the outside door and saw that same cat up there looking for stuff, and I started going "na na ne boo boo" at it. Damn cats. I've gone through a relatively large bag of dry food in 2 weeks because of them. They eat all her food and she comes up to me all hungry because she is puny and small and they push her out of the way very easily....and I'm sad because my life is very hectic and I just can't let her stay inside and finish eating because I'm usually going somewhere like work.....

Yes, Moz can join us, but I'm afraid that the boat would only be big enough for him and me at that point!

> Nice people always seem to suffer, its the story of life,
> twisted and sick I know! but my only mistake is I'm hoping...

Everyone suffers. I just get tired because I think sometimes my balance is very tilted in one direction. Like when that weird guy followed me down the street. I really didn't pay too much attention to it at first because I was thinking, "surely, I can't have more than one creep bothering me tonight because the odds of having one are too much" but it was so. It just really distorts your whole balance of the universe and messes up your judgment. To quote Professor RJ Gumby, "My brain hurts!"

I would also bring along movies starring Russell Crowe. I was thinking how sad his popularity is. Not that it's not deserved, but because he's just much more fun in evil guy roles, and when someone is popular, they intentionally try to remake them into sympathetic characters to even further their popularity. As good as Gladiator was, he really steals scenes in Virtuosity and Romper Stomper, and Virtuosity is a really bad movie the rest of the time he's not on screen.

I would also bring along all of my CD's, my computer hookup, and some special "aids" if Moz doesn't indeed opt to come along.

Re: A nice big boat all stocked up with the finer things in life!

> Possibly. YOu have to imagine that there are many scenarios
> where it could be possible that matriarchy is much more strictly
> defined than what you say.

> That makes the assumption that all power is based on how
> physically strong a person is. As I said, there were many
> cultures where women were the warriors. The men could not
> possibly be the ones fighting for the property, and indeed,
> there were many tribes of Native Americans where the hierarchy
> of gender was not observed.

> The only thing that really matters is what a society deems
> important in the end. If the ability to have children was very
> highly regarded, things would be much different. No, instead all
> we care about is someone with the physical strength to play
> football.

Well hell yes, an example of another perspective most people would never even dream of, ther're too busy dreaming about cave people being all wifey at the cave hubby out a killin...Sheesh, I ask ya, evidence we have shows a very equilateral society amongst our wlimas and our freds!
> I'm a bit glad coz I hate feeling I'm talking to brick walls as
> I usually do. Nobody ever gives a @#!!! when I point things
> out.
Brick walls often provide stimulating interaction material when compared with many of the morons I come across in life, oh the apathy and stupidity - and people wonder why I'm angry?! Urm because I'm alive, and I think...

> Ha! Yes, my cat is crashed out on my bed. She doesn't like the
> rain that much and actually curls up somewhere in my house if
> she doesn't like it out there.

> Poor kitty had some other well-fed neighbors cat running up
> there and trying to steal her food this morning. And I fed her
> inside tonight, and i just got through closing the outside door
> and saw that same cat up there looking for stuff, and I started
> going "na na ne boo boo" at it. Damn cats. I've gone
> through a relatively large bag of dry food in 2 weeks because of
> them. They eat all her food and she comes up to me all hungry
> because she is puny and small and they push her out of the way
> very easily....and I'm sad because my life is very hectic and I
> just can't let her stay inside and finish eating because I'm
> usually going somewhere like work.....

Hmmmn must have some strategies in all my charity stuff to help there...I'll root through and e any relevant stuff to you.

> Yes, Moz can join us, but I'm afraid that the boat would only be
> big enough for him and me at that point!

No worries there dear...He's yours just so long as I get to hear him sing, to talk to him about books and cats, and the occasional big hug, that's all I ask. Besides (wicked grin) I'd have my own little Harem of Billy Zane, David Boreanaz, Nicholas Brendon, Mark Lamarr...

> Everyone suffers. I just get tired because I think sometimes my
> balance is very tilted in one direction. Like when that weird
> guy followed me down the street. I really didn't pay too much
> attention to it at first because I was thinking, "surely, I
> can't have more than one creep bothering me tonight because the
> odds of having one are too much" but it was so. It just
> really distorts your whole balance of the universe and messes up
> your judgment. To quote Professor RJ Gumby, "My brain
> hurts!"

'there is no law of averages here, when you feel down then you're bound to stay down.' 'I've had more than could be my rightful share of nights I can't bear, how can it be fair?'

> I would also bring along movies starring Russell Crowe. I was
> thinking how sad his popularity is. Not that it's not deserved,
> but because he's just much more fun in evil guy roles, and when
> someone is popular, they intentionally try to remake them into
> sympathetic characters to even further their popularity. As good
> as Gladiator was, he really steals scenes in Virtuosity and
> Romper Stomper, and Virtuosity is a really bad movie the rest of
> the time he's not on screen.

> I would also bring along all of my CD's, my computer hookup, and
> some special "aids" if Moz doesn't indeed opt to come
> along.

I'd have to have a fully stocked library, books and cds and films and pleanty of other delovely things to boot - I'm thinking Brittania size wise?!

Take care you...Cindersxx

> Well hell yes, an example of another perspective most people
> would never even dream of, ther're too busy dreaming about cave
> people being all wifey at the cave hubby out a killin...Sheesh,
> I ask ya, evidence we have shows a very equilateral society
> amongst our wlimas and our freds!

I don't think a lot of people try to change anything just because they are very comfortable. It's sort of like our expectations of what sort of job you will have once you leave school, and that here is some guy (or girl) who fills this function in your life of being proper spousal material, and any thing else means there is something weird or wrong with them. Yes, they might be nice people, but your friends and family try to discourage you from being with them because they aren't very "stable" or "give you the support you need." In the end, they pick out people that the other people in their life will leave them alone about.

> Brick walls often provide stimulating interaction material when
> compared with many of the morons I come across in life, oh the
> apathy and stupidity - and people wonder why I'm angry?! Urm
> because I'm alive, and I think...

> Hmmmn must have some strategies in all my charity stuff to help
> there...I'll root through and e any relevant stuff to you.

> No worries there dear...He's yours just so long as I get to hear
> him sing, to talk to him about books and cats, and the
> occasional big hug, that's all I ask. Besides (wicked grin) I'd
> have my own little Harem of Billy Zane, David Boreanaz, Nicholas
> Brendon, Mark Lamarr...

Mark Lamarr?!?!?!?

You know, I really appreciate the obscurity of this list. You didn't just plug in the standard Tom Cruise. I haven't heard anything about Billy Zane since he did some movie called The Phantom back in '96. Isn't it hard lusting after some guy when he's made only one bad movie?

> 'there is no law of averages here, when you feel down then
> you're bound to stay down.' 'I've had more than could be my
> rightful share of nights I can't bear, how can it be fair?'

> I'd have to have a fully stocked library, books and cds and
> films and pleanty of other delovely things to boot - I'm
> thinking Brittania size wise?!

I change my list to including a WORKING computer. Mine rebooted itself last night about 10 times before it got up and running, and the fan in the back of it is making an odd whirring noise. I know its clogged up with dirt, but the screws are in there way too @#!!!ing tight to undo the back (to the point where turning the screwdriver starts to strip the inside of the screws).

I hope there is nothing wrong that I don't know how to fix because 9 of the 10 repair guys I talk to about stuff in general try to rip me off, or completely blow me off (I've put the pieces together with other people that since I look like I'm 18, that they think I'm a naive dummy and must have daddy's credit card).

> Mark Lamarr?!?!?!?

Is this a Mark Lamarr - what the hell is wrong with you or just a plain old who is he?

> You know, I really appreciate the obscurity of this list. You
> didn't just plug in the standard Tom Cruise. I haven't heard
> anything about Billy Zane since he did some movie called The
> Phantom back in '96. Isn't it hard lusting after some guy when
> he's made only one bad movie?

Ah but you're forgetting Titanic, he was also in Orlando with Tilda Swinton, posse, and well phantom may have been a bit of a sh1t film but to see him in a lycra body suit was sooooo worth it!! I think he is quite astoundingly beautiful he quite frightens me, in the best possible way of course...

> I change my list to including a WORKING computer. Mine rebooted
> itself last night about 10 times before it got up and running,
> and the fan in the back of it is making an odd whirring noise. I
> know its clogged up with dirt, but the screws are in there way
> too @#!!! ing tight to undo the back (to the point where
> turning the screwdriver starts to strip the inside of the
> screws).

> I hope there is nothing wrong that I don't know how to fix
> because 9 of the 10 repair guys I talk to about stuff in general
> try to rip me off, or completely blow me off (I've put the
> pieces together with other people that since I look like I'm 18,
> that they think I'm a naive dummy and must have daddy's credit
> card).

Well when I'm through doing my degree I should be able to help - talk you through stuff, all because I like the way you think and know how frustrating it is to be constantly defiled by nincompoops who expect you to feign interest in their vapid beliefs and be grateful they took their precious time to undermine you, bore you, and rip you off.

reasonable people unite and take over!

Re: But how silly of me...

...how could I possibly forget, or ever forgive myself for doing so, the delectable, the delightful, the dreamy creamy angel bar, John Cussack (sp?). Wonderful man, and I just love his sister to boot!

> Actually, there was an archaeological dig somewhere around the
> mediterranean that found a culture very similar to the Amazon
> myth: the men were buried alongside the children as if they were
> the caretakers while the women were buried with weapons and had
> signs of rank.

Well, but it seems more a exception than the rule anyway. But this is a really interseting topic.

> In Babylon, the women were the ones in charge of business.

As they begin to be again!

> No, good people occasionally do bad things. They aren't hideous
> people in general, or I would not have bothered with them to
> begin with.

There's no doubt that good people can do bad things - but there are people who don't pay attention any to people that needs them, that do anything to arrive to their objectives, that are envy because other people make success and so try to prejudice others. These people have bad philosophies of life, these people have bad minds. Ok, in many situations good people may do bad things, but this is not their philosophy of life, they do bad things because they are lost. This is not the case of bad people: they simply don't care about others.

> I can be annoyed, but I can also think that many times they do
> things I appreciate.

>There is no sense completely beating them
> up over one thing.

But you see Suzanne they have beaten you!!! They have this right and you don't have? This makes no sense.

>I mean, why perpetually punish people? They
> are fun in general, and we understand each other's stupidity.

This is why is so difficult to see that some of our friends are evil: because they are our friends, because they seem to care, because they say some smart things - and more we are friends of them, more we are hurt.

>Do
> you think I get to engage in this with the people in the Sales
> department?

Ok... but I knew so many classical musicians, and they have mediocre minds in general...

>I'm on of the very few
> non-married/non-divorced/non-engaged types running around up
> there. People start discussing their bridal showers and I
> completely glaze over.

Well, I didn't have bridal showers...

> If by some weird chance I ever got married, I think I would just
> run off somewhere. The whole thing about the excessive flowers
> and catering and sending invitations just sounds like a complete
> waste.

> I saw it coming. Maybe not on the scale that it happened, but I
> just wanted to ignore the signs.

We always want to ignore the signs - this is typical, this happened with me. It was so difficult to see that my friends had bad intentions.

> on that you may be right. I think since I moved out of my
> situation that my personality has changed a lot. part of me
> feels like rejoining the human race again. a lot of me is very
> tired.

oh yeah, this happened with me too, and I'm being really really sincere with you. There is a moment where we simply don't know what to think about others...

>i feel like "hey, why bother?" because the
> complete scale of lecherousness I encounter on a daily basis
> just ruins my fun.

The only way is help perfection in God, not in human beings - and being smart to see the evil minds of others.

> It is. I'm very glad that some guys are freaks. I'm glad when I
> was 19 that despite my lack of experience, I had enough of a gut
> feeling not to go "fishing" with this one guy who
> turned around and tried to rape another girl with the same
> pretense.

oh, you were lucky. I just can't understand why some men are like this. It's just like the Nazis. I don't understand such an enormous evil.

> I'm glad I attract so many losers. I'm glad that all of my music
> shows only came because the guy booking the shows had a crush on
> me. I'm glad whenever plumbers come over to fix my stuff and
> start asking me what year I am in school, and then proceding to
> try and rip me off. I'm glad about the guy in my Economics class
> years ago who started showing up at my house uninvited and
> getting angry whenever I spoke to this one guy in another class
> even though I had already told him there was no chance and for
> him to go away. I'm glad for the guy who intentionally used me
> to try and get the girl who dumped him (and who happened to hate
> my guts) jealous to get her back. I'm glad for Mud. I'll bet he
> starts trying to touch girls without their asking because he
> thinks they're nice looking, and since they are cute, they must
> automatically be his.

Oh yeah, there are so many loser men in the world... I think you have to have a little patience to get the right person. But I am sure you'll get it, because you deserve it.

trigger happy

> Well, but it seems more a exception than the rule anyway. But
> this is a really interseting topic.

Yes, in our part of the world....

> As they begin to be again!

> There's no doubt that good people can do bad things - but there
> are people who don't pay attention any to people that needs
> them, that do anything to arrive to their objectives, that are
> envy because other people make success and so try to prejudice
> others. These people have bad philosophies of life, these people
> have bad minds. Ok, in many situations good people may do bad
> things, but this is not their philosophy of life, they do bad
> things because they are lost. This is not the case of bad
> people: they simply don't care about others.

people aren't going to be completely sensitive all the time. i'm not saying it's OK to be abusive about anything, but people do slip up. half of that group weren't really "friends" anyway. just two of them. of the remaining two who i barely know, one is a classically trained flake who is completely ignorant of the business of live music, and the other is that drummer who drives me up the wall because he thinks he knows everything.

and you know, i think the whole thing about the tape was really a good excuse not to have more involvement with their project. it just lets me know that i can watch their little ship sink and I don't have to care either way. (i can almost hear the drummer complaining about my material as i write this) not that i'm managerial material, but at least i could have helped them a bit.

> But you see Suzanne they have beaten you!!! They have this right
> and you don't have? This makes no sense.

well, i'm sure others have done things for me that i probably wasn't lavishing my gratitude.

> This is why is so difficult to see that some of our friends are
> evil: because they are our friends, because they seem to care,
> because they say some smart things - and more we are friends of
> them, more we are hurt.

that's the nature of relationships. you can't tell me you have been 100% perfectly happy with your wife or vice versa. don't you realize that if, by your model, someone screws up once, that they should be out the door?

i haven't met a person yet that doesn't do anything for you out of their own personal good will. they hope to get something in return for their efforts.

> Ok... but I knew so many classical musicians, and they have
> mediocre minds in general...

> Well, I didn't have bridal showers...

> We always want to ignore the signs - this is typical, this
> happened with me. It was so difficult to see that my friends had
> bad intentions.

i think it was more that i wanted to keep my word. i was determined to tough something out instead of not dealing with it. i knew it was going to be bad, but i just didn't count on some of the things happening the way they did. all i thought i would have to deal with is her hillbilly of a boyfriend hanging out and them being gross together.

> The only way is help perfection in God, not in human beings -
> and being smart to see the evil minds of others.

> oh, you were lucky. I just can't understand why some men are
> like this. It's just like the Nazis. I don't understand such an
> enormous evil.

> Oh yeah, there are so many loser men in the world... I think you
> have to have a little patience to get the right person. But I am
> sure you'll get it, because you deserve it.

there is no such thing as the word "deserving" in the world of dating. if we are all equal, then we all "deserve" love of some sort. all it comes down to is what you are able to put out for the other person, and what you are able to get from them in return. if you don't get much out of other people, and you also tend to be a master at not filling the void in the lives of others, you tend to sit at home a lot.

Back
Top Bottom