Noise is the Best Revenge and I'm Playing Easy to Get

Kuiper

Better than Marr
I just wanted to know what everyone thinks of these two songs. :) My first question is if studio versions were ever recorded. I think I remember someone somewhere saying that Morrissey once mentioned a studio version of I'm Playing Easy to Get being in existence.

I really love I'm Playing Easy to Get, it took a couple listens to grow on me but it's been an underrated classic to me for a while now. Noise is the Best Revenge used to be one of my least favorites, even though I never actually hated it, but I just recently I discovered it out of nowhere. I can't make a proper guess at what the lyrics are about, but they seem good to me.

One thing that always bothered me was that he released Noise but not Easy to Get. I prefer Easy to Get, but that's not the point, the point is he recorded two unreleased songs for a radio session and only released one of them. The other b-side was instead the radio session version of a previously available b-side. And what confuses me is that he performed Easy to Get live once, but not Noise...so wouldn't that lead one to assume that he prefers Easy to Get? :confused:

Okay, I'm done rambling. :o

I just wanted to know what everyone thinks of these two songs. :) My first question is if studio versions were ever recorded. I think I remember someone somewhere saying that Morrissey once mentioned a studio version of I'm Playing Easy to Get being in existence.

I really love I'm Playing Easy to Get, it took a couple listens to grow on me but it's been an underrated classic to me for a while now. Noise is the Best Revenge used to be one of my least favorites, even though I never actually hated it, but I just recently I discovered it out of nowhere. I can't make a proper guess at what the lyrics are about, but they seem good to me.

One thing that always bothered me was that he released Noise but not Easy to Get. I prefer Easy to Get, but that's not the point, the point is he recorded two unreleased songs for a radio session and only released one of them. The other b-side was instead the radio session version of a previously available b-side. And what confuses me is that he performed Easy to Get live once, but not Noise...so wouldn't that lead one to assume that he prefers Easy to Get? :confused:

Okay, I'm done rambling. :o

If they were recorded..they remain unreleased...

He played Easy To Get the night after Redondo Beach was played for the first night...then the next night he brought Friday Mourning into the set...when he got back to the UK Friday Mourning stuck, and Redondo Beach came back..but he never played Easy To Get again..kind of like Heir Apparent and Let The Right One Slip in...perhaps he wasn't happy with the way it sounded live? (Street Life?)

If they were recorded..they remain unreleased...

He played Easy To Get the night after Redondo Beach was played for the first night...then the next night he brought Friday Mourning into the set...when he got back to the UK Friday Mourning stuck, and Redondo Beach came back..but he never played Easy To Get again..kind of like Heir Apparent and Let The Right One Slip in...perhaps he wasn't happy with the way it sounded live? (Street Life?)

That makes sense to me. It was a new composition he wanted to try out, wasn't pleased with it (I have the live recording of it I think if anyone wants it posted), then gave the song another chance for the radio session but thought Noise came out better. Heir Apparent and Slip In were already released at the time of their live debuts, so I think that's a different situation. As for Street Life, I heard he dropped it because it didn't get a positive reaction from the fans, unlike, say, Drive-in Saturday (not sure how that one was received, but he kept it for a few dates so he must have thought it sounded good and must have thought the fans liked it).

That makes sense to me. It was a new composition he wanted to try out, wasn't pleased with it (I have the live recording of it I think if anyone wants it posted), then gave the song another chance for the radio session but thought Noise came out better. Heir Apparent and Slip In were already released at the time of their live debuts, so I think that's a different situation. As for Street Life, I heard he dropped it because it didn't get a positive reaction from the fans, unlike, say, Drive-in Saturday (not sure how that one was received, but he kept it for a few dates so he must have thought it sounded good and must have thought the fans liked it).

I would really love that...I have never heard him sing that song

Well, what did he expect playing Roxy Music in SWEDEN and Norway...

Now say he played Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight) or The Sun Always Shines On TV..I'm sure he would have brought the house down..

BTW, The first time he played Drive-In-Saturday on 2-29-00 it wasn't played again until this year...

The lyrics in Im Playing Easy To Get are beautiful. Some of his best in years I think.

Shame they never recorded it for an album properly, its a terrific song. Was anyone on here there when he played it live? Must have sounded good.

Back
Top Bottom