Noel Gallagher references Morrissey and Marr in interview

Noel Gallagher Talks Liam, Twitter Feuds, Channeling Elvis, and Stagefright in Solo Interview - Yahoo! Music Maximum Performance blog

Excerpt:

Noel confirmed to Yahoo! that he and his inner Elvis will be playing a few classic Oasis tunes when he tours this fall. "I don't really consider them anymore to be Oasis songs. They're my songs, I wrote them," he explained. "It's not like I'm Morrissey and I'm taking half of what Johnny Marr done and kind of running away with it, or vice versa. I wrote those songs and all the words and all the melodies and I arranged them all, so they're mine. The end.

Later in the part 2 of the video interview:

There's too much information in the world. There's no magic and mystery anymore... this is why I didn't announce I was in the studio making this album until 18 months later, until it was finished.

...I was kind of obsessed with The Smiths, there was none of that going on. You just waited and waited and wondered what they were up to and then there was a press release and it's like the album is coming in 4 weeks.

Last edited:
I think it's obviously some really poor toilet-training and the lads are traumatized for life.

I think it's obviously some really poor toilet-training and the lads are traumatized for life.
I do not understand the referential attitude people take with Noel. Oasis were supremely OK. A single or two that were not too bad but no more! I recall the battle between them and Blur and despairing at the choice between a couple of very ho hum bands.
As for Noels new solo album, my god! Dull or what?

Oasis was always shit. Noel's solo work is no different.

Although, I loved their arrogance. It's just a shame that they had nothing to be arrogant about to begin with.

I do not understand the referential attitude people take with Noel. Oasis were supremely OK. A single or two that were not too bad but no more! I recall the battle between them and Blur and despairing at the choice between a couple of very ho hum bands.
As for Noels new solo album, my god! Dull or what?

Being affiliated with Cat Power's version of Wonderwall is their greatest achievement. I haven't heard Noel's latest. I've been rediscovering Lynyrd Skynyrd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwQgHxbjibo

Definateky Maybe was an astounding first album and there was hardly a moz/smiths fan that didn't rush out to buy it. By the time rock n roll star came out tho, they had already become status quo. I still think tho' that that 1st album is astounding and along with Suede defined and closed the lid on Britpop. Shake around with me!!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom