Noel Gallagher, Peter Hook, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce should start a band

boy, would that really piss some people off.

Not to mention the shock waves it would send through the industry

it's not like any of them are doing anything interesting these days. I mean, have you heard that High Flying Birds album, or Hook's Unknown Pleasures covers album, FFS

be thankful if you haven't.

I bet if they could all check their egos at the door of the studio and agree in writing on royalty matters, they could make some pretty awesome music

as a bonus, they could put out word that they're looking for a second guitarist and anyone not named Johnny Marr need not apply.

Rourke can play guitar too, I think

But Hooky and Rourke playing interweaving bass lines around Gallagher and Joyce wouldn't get any complaints from me

OR

what if Joyce, Rourke and Gannon regrouped and called themselves "The Jones"

The drums + the bass + the guitar

all you need is a singer, which I'm sure Gannon would love to have a go at.

Or they could just offer that spot to Marr and offer him creative control, like with the Healers

Then you'd have two ace guitar players and a formidable rhythm section

sure, the singing would be terrible, but who gives a f*** when you have four of the five members of the Smiths in the same circle again?

the f***

OR

what if Joyce, Rourke and Gannon regrouped and called themselves "The Jones"

The drums + the bass + the guitar

all you need is a singer, which I'm sure Gannon would love to have a go at.

Or they could just offer that spot to Marr and offer him creative control, like with the Healers

Then you'd have two ace guitar players and a formidable rhythm section

sure, the singing would be terrible, but who gives a f*** when you have four of the five members of the Smiths in the same circle again?

sounds quite cool

Back
Top Bottom