Noel Gallagher on Morrissey and Marr (Bournemouth Echo)

Oasis were brilliant, and NG still has the ability to write stunning melodies (latest example: The Dying of the light off of his latest album). A collaboration with Moz would be a Godsend.

He's no Jesse Tobias but he has sold from 10 to 15 times as many records as Morrissey and The Smiths combined depending on what sources you check.

Are you kidding me "He's no jesse tobias" . Like jesse has written anything as good as live forever, supersonic, slide away. You people are so f***ing dumb

Good god.....yes 'kin please.

Why one song , write an album Noel.......just to show them session musicians how it's done.

If there is a god , let it happen.....( actually that's a good title for a song )

And please........get Stephen street to produce , Andrew Paresi on drums add a new bass player.....get the artwork bang on and it's game on again.

Hope they worship and thank John Lennon. He made them. Fighting brothers is a sin. Make friends you thickos.

Are you kidding me "He's no jesse tobias" . Like jesse has written anything as good as live forever, supersonic, slide away. You people are so f***ing dumb

oasis-1994-o.gif

I don't judge an artists worth based on how many records they sell. The people who do that are f***ing IDIOTS.

I mostly agree, but record sales up until the 90's were a big deal. And you gotta be impressed by people like Michael and Elvis who managed to unite almost the entire world with their music. People bought Thriller and Bad like they were household appliances, just like Elvis's records. The kind of music that most fans of popular music can appreciate. Some people sell/sold records thanks to the sheer quality of their work, their originality, and their universal appeal. MJ and Elvis did that, and so did Oasis (even though originality wasn't in their master plan).

I mostly agree, but record sales up until the 90's were a big deal. And you gotta be impressed by people like Michael and Elvis who managed to unite almost the entire world with their music. People bought Thriller and Bad like they were household appliances, just like Elvis's records. The kind of music that most fans of popular music can appreciate. Some people sell/sold records thanks to the sheer quality of their work, their originality, and their universal appeal. MJ and Elvis did that, and so did Oasis (even though originality wasn't in their master plan).

Thing is though people unite for many reasons not all music all relevant ones. I can think of artists who sold millions of record only to be forgotten by popular culture and there records five years later.nelvis and Michaels legacies have endured but I'm not so sure about oasis on that level. There music fine if very unoriginal and by unoriginal I mean nicking riffs here and there. That said I have three of there records and play them to my enjoyment every now and again

Thing is though people unite for many reasons not all music all relevant ones. I can think of artists who sold millions of record only to be forgotten by popular culture and there records five years later.nelvis and Michaels legacies have endured but I'm not so sure about oasis on that level. There music fine if very unoriginal and by unoriginal I mean nicking riffs here and there. That said I have three of there records and play them to my enjoyment every now and again

I agree. I wasn't trying to put Oasis on the same level as MJ or Elvis. That would be preposterous (and I'm a fan of Oasis as well).

Noel has written a song with Paul Weller called "Birth of an Accidental Hipster" for the Monkees' 50th anniversary album, out in May.

I don't judge an artists worth based on how many records they sell. The people who do that are f***ing IDIOTS.

It seems important to Morrissey. Maybe he is a f***ing idiot, always sending off emails about how this or that record could have sold more. I mean, that's the entire issue with #ProfitFromParis is that he could have had a number one record.
But besides that, what would make you think Noel Gallagher writing with Morrissey is laughable? The comparison to Jesse Tobias is fair. They both play guitar and write for a similar audience. It's just that somehow Oasis managed to connect with that audience ten to fifteen times more successfully.

I am not impressed by the sales figures at all. I also don't like Elvis' music, nor M.J's, nor Prince, nor Madonna, nor all the BIG names. I always loved the underdogs. And it makes me feel good about myself that I don't fall into the category of the majority, the mainstream listener. The same can also be applied to what I watch and read.

I am not impressed by the sales figures at all. I also don't like Elvis' music, nor M.J's, nor Prince, nor Madonna, nor all the BIG names. I always loved the underdogs. And it makes me feel good about myself that I don't fall into the category of the majority, the mainstream listener. The same can also be applied to what I watch and read.

You come off as a contrived and anxious teenager, fighting desperately to be hip and "alternative". I pity you. You miss out on a lot of fantastic music. Cornerstones of pop music history. The innovators, the engineers. You are allowed to like both big and obscure names (I do!).

I'm sick of Noel and that psychopath brit "comedian" from get me to the Greek thinking they are best friends with Morrissey. Morrissey only has two friends, James O'Brien and Linder. Morrissey thinks Noel is a wacker tossey and he turns his guitar up too loud in concerts because he thinks he is a guitar god.

Here I have a song:

Ferry cross the merzy
I hope I will see you one day
but you are out there in LA
I have delusional fantasies that you were spotted in Manchester
I know you will come back one day and play a concert at Manc Kickball Stadium
but I know the phrase "wouldn't be caught dead in England" can be taken literally
because you have already bought your plot at Hollywood Forever Cemetary
Chorus: Ooooooh. Ferry cross the merzy

You come off as a contrived and anxious teenager, fighting desperately to be hip and "alternative". I pity you. You miss out on a lot of fantastic music. Cornerstones of pop music history. The innovators, the engineers. You are allowed to like both big and obscure names (I do!).

Don't tell me what to do or what to like. I am not stopping you from following like a blind cattle. I am just expressing my opinion.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom