Noel Gallagher on Morrissey and Marr (Bournemouth Echo)

I'd like to know.
oh hello! why i though you'd never ask. you really shouldnt have, im not that famous. you must wait a moment, while i search for my list. ah here we go!

1) wiseblood
2) red desert
3) persona
4) empire of the sun
5) heavenly creatures

hmm that wasnt nearly as gratifying as i thought it was going to be. im not sure how i feel about this list anymore, or movies in general.

oh hello! why i though you'd never ask. you really shouldnt have, im not that famous. you must wait a moment, while i search for my list. ah here we go!

1) wiseblood
2) red desert
3) persona
4) empire of the sun
5) heavenly creatures

hmm that wasnt nearly as gratifying as i thought it was going to be. im not sure how i feel about this list anymore, or movies in general.

empire of the sun and heavenly creatures are both fantastic

1) wiseblood
2) red desert
3) persona
4) empire of the sun
5) heavenly creatures

ever watch fannie and alexander

1) wiseblood
2) red desert
3) persona
4) empire of the sun
5) heavenly creatures

I didn't watch any of those films, but I know Heavenly Creatures is the true story of the writer Anne Perry. I read her Inspector Pitt series and Christmas Stories series and I remember I was shocked when I knew about her past and the film. She is a very prolific bestseller writer. She wrote about WW1, too.

ever watch fannie and alexander

ages ago, i watched practically all of ingmar bergmans films ages ago. wildstrawberries was the only one i really didnt like. persona was the one that stayed with me. i love liv ullmann. and whenever i hear 'why dont you find out for yourself?' i always think of the scene in persona where one or the other of them leaves the glass hidden in the grass to be stepped on by the other.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't watch any of those films, but I know Heavenly Creatures is the true story of the writer Anne Perry. I read her Inspector Pitt series and Christmas Stories series and I remember I was shocked when I knew about her past and the film. She is a very prolific bestseller writer. She wrote about WW1, too.
yes, it's shocking. you should watch heavenly creatures, it's great!

ages ago, i watched practically all of ingmar bergmans films ages ago. wildstrawberries was the only one i really didnt like. persona was the one that stayed with me. i love liv ullmann. and whenever i hear 'why dont you find out for yourself?' i always think of the scene in persona where one or the other of them leaves the glass hidden in the grass to be stepped on by the other.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, it's shocking. you should watch heavenly creatures, it's great!

And its peter Jacksons debut I think which surprised me when I learned. Fannie was my favorite I think but did really like persona. Haven't seen it in a very very long time though. Im guessing its in the Hulu criterion section so may I'll watch again. didn't know the other two you mentioned

1) wiseblood
2) red desert
3) persona
4) empire of the sun
5) heavenly creatures

Very nice list. Red Desert could be in my top five also. What's my top five? Well thanks for asking. (more like here's five I really like, the mood chooses)
1. Repo Man - This is the one that never changes. Perfect movie.
2. Midnight Run - Fun movie. Action and comedy.
3. Au Hasard Balthazar - So beautiful.
4. Cleo From 5 To 7 - Another perfect movie.
5. Goodbye To Language 3D - This is the last great film I've seen. I'd really love to actually see it in 3D, but still I had to pick a Godard, who not only is the most innovative filmmaker ever, but also has impeccable taste in women (Anna Karina and Anne Wiazemsky).

Last edited:
i wish i had a shocking past that involved murder and intense schoolgirl relationships....

Oh, I have an interesting past of intense relationship with a cute boyfriend when I was in school and it was an amazing time of my life. But those are bittersweet memories because some years after we separated he was killed by a truck in a car accident. Not the biggest pain of my life, but a huge one, since I am the only one who remains here to remember all those good moments, when life was easy and bright.

Oh, I have an interesting past of intense relationship with a cute boyfriend when I was in school and it was an amazing time of my life. But those are bittersweet memories because some years after we separated he was killed by a truck in a car accident. Not the biggest pain of my life, but a huge one, since I am the only one who remains here to remember all those good moments, when life was easy and bright.

Are you fro. Latin america could tthree. I seem to remember that u were but I could be wrong. I saw the lake child not lo g ago and loved it. Argentinian ithink

Very nice list. Red Desert could be in my top five also. What's my top five? Well thanks for asking. (more like here's five I really like, the mood chooses)
1. Repo Man - This is the one that never changes. Perfect movie.
2. Midnight Run - Fun movie. Action and comedy.
3. Au Hasard Balthazar - So beautiful.
4. Cleo From 5 To 7 - Another perfect movie.
5. Goodbye To Language 3D - This is the last great film I've seen. I'd really love to actually see it in 3D, but still I had to pick a Godard, who not only is the most innovative filmmaker ever, but also has impeccable taste in women (Anna Karina and
Anne Wiazemsky).
oh my gosh, i love both anna karina and anne wiazemsky! i've only ever seen the latter in teorema (which i also loved, especially the part where the maid or whatever she was could only eat leaves that the village children boiled and brought to her--sometimes i pluck leaves from strange trees on my way to work and solemnly eat them pretending im a character in an italian film where things like this make sense), but she left such an impression in her loveliness that i keeping meaning to watch la chinoise for that reason. and isnt anna karina the most ideal looking girl?!
i havent heard of your other ones, i shall have to look them up!

- - - Updated - - -

oh im sorry! that must have been very difficult. and not to triviliaze it, but i think it would be kind of romantic too though, to have a secret sorrow.

oh my gosh, i love both anna karina and anne wiazemsky! i've only ever seen the latter in teorema (which i also loved, especially the part where the maid or whatever she was could only eat leaves that the village children boiled and brought to her--sometimes i pluck leaves from strange trees on my way to work and solemnly eat them pretending im a character in an italian film where things like this make sense), but she left such an impression in her loveliness that i keeping meaning to watch la chinoise for that reason. and isnt anna karina the most ideal looking girl?!

- - - Updated - - -

oh im sorry! that must have been very difficult. and not to triviliaze it, but i think it would be kind of romantic too though, to have a secret sorrow.

Hey Rifke, it's Karenina.

who dat? she's okay, but i dont like music that reminds me of sunny weather. this is the karina of my heart <3

It was intended to be a joke. But I don't know now. If sales are so important to determine the quality, maybe she is good and I can't notice it. Who knows? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

1) wiseblood
2) red desert
3) persona
4) empire of the sun
5) heavenly creatures

I re-watched The Red Desert like three nights ago! It's stunning! But La Notte is Antonioni at his best (have you seen it? It's heartbreaking). But I haven't seen it in like eight years. I don't dare to re-watch it. Also glad you like Persona. Bergman is my all time favorite director (along with Allen and Tarkovsky). He means the world to me.

Are you fro. Latin america could tthree. I seem to remember that u were but I could be wrong. I saw the lake child not lo g ago and loved it. Argentinian ithink

Yes, I'm from Argentina. I don't know that film, maybe we are lost in translation? Do hou have the link from IMDB? I wish to watch it.

Anne and Anna are both incredible. If I was lucky enough to choose between the two it would be Anna. All I can do is sigh thinking about it. Thank you so much for your great idea about eating leaves. I'm sure I won't like the taste, but to live inside of Italian cinema will make it worthwhile.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom