Noel Gallagher on back catalogues of Morrissey, Oasis

Liz sends the link:

High Flying Birds, Musical Kettles And Exploded Psych: Noel Gallagher Speaks - The Quietus

Excerpt:

I like the way that Morrissey uses his back catalogue live. He’s never going to do an encore which is ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’, ‘How Soon Is Now?’ followed by ‘Panic’ but he’ll usually slip in a B side, a couple of album tracks and a couple of bangers mixed into the set.

NG: I’m a massive fan of The Smiths and I know every word to every song. Now I’ve never seen him sing ‘Rubber Ring’ but the idea that you still might see him do it live is brilliant. To be there and be singing along to it would be really exciting, speaking as a fan. If you’ve got that kind of back catalogue, you can do that. And to be honest, Oasis have that kind of back catalogue.

Last edited:
Haha, it's funny cos Noel's encore on his latest tour has been Little By Little/Importance of Being Idle/Don't Look Back In Anger

Ha! This is funny cause neither of these people have seen him live apparently. He has the back catalogue but chooses to sing the same ol songs. And all of the first three songs mentioned have been in an encore position at some point.

robertboyracer

Was Noel not at MEN 2004? He would've heard Rubber Ring then.

Ha! This is funny cause neither of these people have seen him live apparently. He has the back catalogue but chooses to sing the same ol songs. And all of the first three songs mentioned have been in an encore position at some point.

robertboyracer

niether have you by the sound of it. same old songs? really?

Shelagh Delaney (25 November 1939 – 20 November 2011)

"A temperament capable of receiving, through an imaginative medium, and under imaginative conditions, new and beautiful impressions, is the only temperament that can appreciate a work of art." (Oscar Wilde)
Thank you Shelagh.
Goodbye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNuG6...eature=related

we'll let you know

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom