Noel Gallagher on a Night with Morrissey - interview in The Quietus

Re: Noel Gallagher on a Night with Morrissey

They missed this quote at the end:
"And you know what: he never asked me a single f***ing question about why I was in LA, what I was doing, Oasis splitting up, nothing. When you're with Morrissey, you're in the court of Morrissey. But he's a f***ing uber-legend. What a top man."

"And you know what: he never asked me a single f***ing question about why I was in LA, what I was doing, Oasis splitting up, nothing. When you're with Morrissey, you're in the court of Morrissey. But he's a f***ing uber-legend. What a top man."

I have a feeling it's always about Morrissey. How do his friends stand him?

Proves that Morrissey can be a bit of a wag and more importantly that Noel is thick as a plank.

"Russell doesn't drink so me and Morrissey were roaring drunk..... He'd just cancelled all the gigs in South America because he had whatever it was. So I go, 'I thought you just cancelled a load of gigs, I thought you were at death's door.' And he said [raises eyebrows, does the voice again] 'Yet here I am'.

Interesting. Stricken, unable to perform, 'at death's door', flown back to his concierge doctor who advised.....get roaring drunk? I wonder how many other cancellations have been preceeded/followed by Morrissey getting 'roaring drunk' in private whilst professing to be 'at death's door' in public. Is alcohol intoxication a recognised treatment for Barrett's oesophagus?

"so did you have all these songs before you met Johnny?'

"And he says [preens] 'I did'

He wasn't just drunk, he was having psychotic hallucinations. If he seriously expects anyone to believe he came up with his vocal melody contributions prior to hearing Johnny Marr's guitar soundscapes and that they magically fitted to instrumentals he hadn't even heard yet, then I would suggest the alcohol has damaged his brain's ability to remember. As for the drum-kit/Rice Krispie leather anecdote......*facepalm*

I suspect there may be some fun responses to this interview. Come on TeamMorrisseyFans, let's see you rise to defend your hero against suspicions he wasn't really at 'death's door' when he fled Peru. Or anytime since....?

best
BB

Last edited:

I have a feeling it's always about Morrissey. How do his friends stand him?

They don't, according to No-Mates Moz. Or not for more than 40 minutes if it's Russell Brand. I suspect his social wallflower schtick is as likely as his 'at death's door' pose. Sounds like he's just one of the lads if he can booze with Working Class Hero Noel Gallagher.

best
BB

Wasn't that tour cancelled because of lack of funding?

Hmmmm.

The most shocking thing to me is that Moz texts.

An anonymous person writes:

Noel Gallagher recalls drunken night out with Morrissey: 'I could write a book on that night' - NME.com

So he does have a cell phone and texts and Russell can't stand to be with him longer than 40 minutes?

Source:
The Apolitical Party: Noel Gallagher Interviewed - The Quietus
The always quotable High Flying Birds frontman on politics in music, Sleaford Mods and getting pissed with Morrissey. Interview by Jude Rogers

UPDATE Feb. 25:

Arthur writes:

...as a follow up to the Noel Gallagher story (his night out with Moz and Russell Brand), here’s a video piece he did for The Daily Beast where he talks about it a little more. There’s also a funny bit where he impersonates Moz:

Last edited by a moderator:

I betcha Damon does it for him...

Texts, that is.

:brows:

I betcha Damon does it for him...

Texts, that is.

:brows:

I wonder if Damon farts for him too. I'd give a fiver for Moz to hotbox me then blame Buckingham Palace. :D

About Russell Brand and 40 minutes, I find that particularly hilarious if he really said it. RB strikes me as the type of person who is always "on" and won't shut the f*** up in the company of "the witties" and his complaint is less a reflection of Morrissey conversationally and more a reflection of his insecurity at being able to hold court Robin-Williams-ad-nauseum-banter-style for more than 40 minutes. He seems exhausting, not Morrissey.

It's almost like he's a real person!

That's not what I meant. He's said many times he doesn't have a cell phone and has never been seen with one. But I should know by now not to believe anything that man says.

About Russell Brand and 40 minutes, I find that particularly hilarious if he really said it. RB strikes me as the type of person who is always "on" and won't shut the f*** up in the company of "the witties" and his complaint is less a reflection of Morrissey conversationally and more a reflection of his insecurity at being able to hold court Robin-Williams-ad-nauseum-banter-style for more than 40 minutes. He seems exhausting, not Morrissey.

Russell claims to love Morrissey yet tells people he can't spend more than 40 minutes with him.

Some friend.

Back
Top Bottom