Noel Gallagher chooses his favourite Smiths songs - MEN

There had been times when i have seen humility and honest in in Noels lyrics. For exemple the line in don't look back in anger

"But please don't put your life in the hands
Of a Rock n Roll band
Who'll throw it all away"
Most rockstars and britpoppers would have been to proud to admit such a thing
But then i hear such "what?!" lines like "I'll start the revolution from my bed
Cos you said the brains I had went to my head"
And i know that Noel work pretty much on the notion "oh that sounds deep, lets put in"
Noel is a melody man, and i'm a lyrics woman.

And on the matter of "talk tonight" (i'm pretty sure its about his mother) i find songs with such subject matter to be a tad bit boring. Yeah yeah Noel we all get it, sentimental syrup. I find his lyrics to be old rock cliches.
But the man writes great tunes nevertheless and " she's electric" is quite cheeky but he writes shit lyrics most of the time and he is quite the charmless creature

I confess though, that the first concert i ever went to was an oasis one.
But i will give Noel a chance, i will read oasis lyrics without the music and then make my mind up on them, as a final judgement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brace yourself Tynamuna
image.jpg
You are about to get noeled* in the butt.

Oasis are not the worst act of the ninties. That prestigious award goes to bjork. I respect that she is very unique and does not fall in to any music genre. But i can't help to think, that if i set loose a cat to attack kate bush, then recorded it and told people it was a bootleg live recording of bjork, they would belive it

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl:

oh, tynamuna, you're having a great time here :)

:rofl:

oh, tynamuna, you're having a great time here :)

Yeah it's very much like old times almost lol. I find power in cliche when I'm convinced of its sincerity and I always am by that song. Missing your mother is a feeling I understand especially when you don't have a dad and the fact that he doesn't talk about how he feels much in the song but rather pays tribute to her not by filtering her through him, I love her she means this to me etc, but rather demonstrates his love by pure interest in just asking her things and wanting to hear her speak. Could easily be about a fiancee. Maybe it's your sever severe depression that gets in the way and makes things a cliche. I find power in my honest open expression of feeling and am not embarrassed, I'd find that a weakness honestly. As for the deep lyric, isn't it a reference to thinking with your penis. He might think that deep but I don't know him to ask

Are you talking about me or gallagher?

lol, neither, just... hypothetically. You're a lil barrel of lulz yerself. ;)

I was just saying, even if a guy says cheeky laddish things in public, doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't treat his missus right in private.

One thing is sure, she has a big sense of humour.

I always wondered if talk tonight was about missing his mother or his lover while on his first tour asking to be taken to the places where she played and went to school because he missed her and just wants to talk to her or maybe Just listen to her voice. To me that's really sweet and the music is also good with him sustaining the last syllables of tonight fluctuating a bit before ending in a downward slant and fading off. The song about his life and his suit case was also really good off that album. Sure they talked themselves up and sure people wanted to make them big but it was also the ton of coke they did. I mean Jarvis for sure thought a bunch of himself and really I could see how someone might be offended by him singing a song like.common people. Bernard butler also for sure had an enormous ego but honestly he delivered a thousand times over so I forgive that a thousand times back.

I think he wrote it about a random woman he met at a bar in Las Vegas when he quit Oasis first US tour. She convinced him to rejoin the group and he did. But he doesn't know who she was and can't remember her name and she had never heard of oasis

Yeah a recent noel gallagher rolling stone interview noel said he couldnt be bothered with vegetarian, so the connection between morrissey and noel gallagher is pretty much nil,

I just watched interview with Noel and we are very similar, we talk and think alike , but why do i still hate him. I could not be in the same room for over a minute

I genuinly have something against him :(

I think he wrote it about a random woman he met at a bar in Las Vegas when he quit Oasis first US tour. She convinced him to rejoin the group and he did. But he doesn't know who she was and can't remember her name and she had never heard of oasis

cool im a very very casual oasis fan and don't know much about them. only bit ive ever read about them outside of a feature is from the book cool britanica which despite its title was excellent. it also sounds to me like a man first getting into coke and loving his new emotional epiphanies. thanks for the info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom