No of copies of 7" Smiths vinyl singles

jonnersb

I am having increasing difficulty completing my Smiths 7" vinyl collection. I am short of 'Hand in Glove' and the lilac sleeve version of 'William...' and also the 1992 releases of This Charming Man and 'There Is A Light...'.

It is possible to get ahold of these if you're prepared to stump up £20+ but I would prefer to get a bargain!

The question that this raises, on which I would like some feedback is how many copies of these singles are out there on 7" vinyl. Would anyone have any idea of the numbers issued of something like HAnd in Glove' - it didn't chart in the UK top 40 back in 1983 so I assume there was not a very big run. Maybe 5,000? If anyone has any numbers let me know.

Also, some of Morrissey's solo singles are hard to track down for a reasonable price. The Maladjusted singles on 7" tend to sell for upwards of £20! Were these limited editions? They are very hard to get ahold of.

i guess some of moz solo singles are more expensive because less stuff was released on vinyl during the mid 90s. so 7" like "maladjusted" or "roy's keen" are rather limited.

I am having increasing difficulty completing my Smiths 7" vinyl collection. I am short of 'Hand in Glove' and the lilac sleeve version of 'William...' and also the 1992 releases of This Charming Man and 'There Is A Light...'.

It is possible to get ahold of these if you're prepared to stump up £20+ but I would prefer to get a bargain!

The question that this raises, on which I would like some feedback is how many copies of these singles are out there on 7" vinyl. Would anyone have any idea of the numbers issued of something like HAnd in Glove' - it didn't chart in the UK top 40 back in 1983 so I assume there was not a very big run. Maybe 5,000? If anyone has any numbers let me know.

Also, some of Morrissey's solo singles are hard to track down for a reasonable price. The Maladjusted singles on 7" tend to sell for upwards of £20! Were these limited editions? They are very hard to get ahold of.

there is a light 7" 1992 wea has just been listed on ebay.

"Hand In Glove" had been reissued many times by Rough Trade, which explain the various publishing/address differences.

The lilac William was only produced towards the end, in '87, so it didn't have as much shelf time as the original '84 release which surely had been in print for those 3 years.

In '92 nobody was really buying vinyl anymore, so the WEA reissue singles were probably pressed in relatively small quantities as opposed to singles pressed in the '80s.

I see many more "Hand In Glove" singles than any of the other singles you mention.

Hand In Glove the negative sleeve will set you back a bit more than £20 as well.
I've got the Manchester address sleeve, the no address sleeve, the London address with Smiths sleeve credit & the same but with Morrissey sleeve credit, I've put pics up on here somewhere.

love

Grim

Esprit is by no means a way to get a feeling of anything except Montezuma's Revenge. Even with Esprit's recent half off sales, their items are often still overpriced.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom