No More Morrissey For Me

konstantinl

I undertook the arduous/tedious task of filing the last 6 months or so of album purchases into my main collection (about 3,000 albums, alphabetically ordered as you'd expect).

My shelves (two either side of the stereo) go from just below the ceiling right down to the floor and I'm afraid Morrissey has now descended to the second bottom shelf.

This has two repercussions. One you just tend to forget about anything below waste height and second since I'm now in my mid thirties with well over half a million feet of ascent/descent on Scottish mountains, I can rarely be bothered to stoop for music. I'm afraid my limbs are just too creaky to get down on the floor for an album.

So no more Morrissey for me, at least for a while. The Smiths are still available (8th shelf down, about waist height) but by some cruel irony I calculate that by the time Morrissey has been transfered to the top of the second set of shelves the Smiths will then be down at the bottom.

At least Prefab Sprout, Pulp, Public Enemy and Primal Scream are all available again. :)

I undertook the arduous/tedious task of filing the last 6 months or so of album purchases into my main collection (about 3,000 albums, alphabetically ordered as you'd expect).

My shelves (two either side of the stereo) go from just below the ceiling right down to the floor and I'm afraid Morrissey has now descended to the second bottom shelf.

This has two repercussions. One you just tend to forget about anything below waste height and second since I'm now in my mid thirties with well over half a million feet of ascent/descent on Scottish mountains, I can rarely be bothered to stoop for music. I'm afraid my limbs are just too creaky to get down on the floor for an album.

So no more Morrissey for me, at least for a while. The Smiths are still available (8th shelf down, about waist height) but by some cruel irony I calculate that by the time Morrissey has been transfered to the top of the second set of shelves the Smiths will then be down at the bottom.

At least Prefab Sprout, Pulp, Public Enemy and Primal Scream are all available again. :)

That's easily solved, just have a Moz section first THEN main alphabetical:D

WHY?why are you telling us this?It is not relevant to anybody.

Ah, no. Technology can solve that problem for you. Burn all your music to a huge harddrive, then get a wireless media center. We have this wireless thingy attached to our stereo, and it beams our music right from the computer to the stereo. Another one upstairs in the bedroom that routes through that stereo. They connect to the tv, so you use an onscreen menu to choose your music, then just switch the tv off and let it play. Then you just set up a playlist with all your Moz/Smiths, and turn it loose on shuffle.

Tech rocks.

ah yes...all of my stuff is in boxes. it's not coming out for a while, but somehow i ended up with a bunch of stuff in my CD player before that happened, so when i actually have time to listen to my CD's, it's good.

yes, and i know about the creaking stuff. i seriously wondered how i was going to get out of bed this morning.

Ah, no. Technology can solve that problem for you. Burn all your music to a huge harddrive, then get a wireless media center. We have this wireless thingy attached to our stereo, and it beams our music right from the computer to the stereo. Another one upstairs in the bedroom that routes through that stereo. They connect to the tv, so you use an onscreen menu to choose your music, then just switch the tv off and let it play. Then you just set up a playlist with all your Moz/Smiths, and turn it loose on shuffle.

Tech rocks.

yeah i was thining the same, put it all on a hard drive. hire someone to burn it all for you since it seems like it may take a very very long time. But start by burning morrissey...obviously.

:eek: :eek: :eek: round of applause belongs to you! You leave me speechless! :D

To think of all the pairs of socks you could have bought with that money..

Fortunately for someone with enough money to buy all of those...you haven't chosen to be like Julia...

It's really funny,the title,no more moz, Thats exactly how I felt for a couple of years until last year(When I quite accidentally discovered this wonderful site).The reason was far more personal than shelfs & alphabets.I guess I caught myself in a classic morrissey song situation,unrequited love. Day & night I'd listen to nothing except the song " I'd Love to" 24 hours.I am one of those morrissey fans who takes his songs far too seriously. Then something terrible happened & I was to the point of no return.My counselor told me not to listen to morrissey (don't ask why) So, now after many years I started listening to him again(& God only knows how I missed him, only moz knows how to comfort me.)

The point I'm trying to make is that whenever you think that you are over and done with morrissey & all you need is the old 'Smiths' albums you are wrong.If he has killed me with his "I'd Love to" song once he has also saved me with songs like "Life is a Pigsty". He never runs out of style it's just us who gets old and dull.

I quit him for a long time... finished high school, moved to college, met my DH and became a clever swine. Moz/Smiths reminded me of bad times. I didn't start listening again we bought the aforementioned media thingy and started burning in all our CDS- DH gave me the Moz/Smiths stacks and told me to have at it. I fell in love again.

:eek: :eek: :eek: round of applause belongs to you! You leave me speechless! :D

i was having a joke, going for a bit of one up man-ship as i thought the thread starter was trying to have a bit of a boast about the size of his rack.

Anyhow its quality not quantity.

Back
Top Bottom