No confirmation yet of Morrissey's Finland July concert mentioned in interview - Helsingin Sanomat

From the John Riggers interview:

JOHN: When will you play more concerts?

MORRISSEY: I believe Austria and Finland are on course for July.

--
According to article on Helsingin Sanomat Live Nation Finland has negotiated with Morrissey's management. They refused to comment would it be for a festival or for a gig.

Excerpt (Google Translate to English):

Morrissey declares coming to Finland to appear, but nobody has yet admitted to having asked for him - Helsingin Sanomat

MORRISSEY has announced on his website that he will be present in Finland in July. No Finnish festival or promoter has ever signed up for the gig organizer.

The Live Nation agency offers HS for talks with Morrissey, but the date and place has not yet been agreed.

HS CONTACTED the major promoters of Finnish festivals in July, but none had negotiated Morrissey's performance. Live Nation did not confirm whether or not Morrissey had a Finnish gig at a festival or for a concert.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have made more sense to play Finland for The Flow Festival 10-12th August as he's familiar with it.
It has a huge, eclectic mix of acts from Patti Smith and Charlotte Gainsbourg to Kendrick Lamar and the Artic Monkeys.
The gig at the Flow Festival '16 was good if a bit short IIRC.
Regards,
FWD.

I think he is going to do a festival tour indeed during the summer. Hopefully a more expansive one in the autumn.

Seems a bit late to join a July festival line-up when most have already been announced and promoted already, doesn't it? He also mentioned Austria in the interview, but I'm not aware of any major festivals here in July. I'd guess he'll be playing the Vienna Konzerthaus again.

Our Finland days draw to a close

TICKETS TICKETS!

2 FOR A FIVER! (I'LL EVEN THROW IN A PAIR OF RAYBAN'S)

ANYONE, NO?

THIS ECHO IS SCARY....

The bluerose society have arrived well in time for the HELLsinki gig.

skinheads-in-chelsea-1982-004.jpg

Anyone who pays money to see him or pays money for his records is mad! Racist, politically tone deaf, simpleton, mentally ill, fool. Fallen hero.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom