NME - WPINOYB review - 9/10 - Album Of The Week

I'll say this about the photoshopped image for the cover, now that I've seen the full page print ad in the NME in person - it looks a lot better than all the digital images and scans would have you believe.

Yeah, there's differences from the original 'garden' pic that debuted on TTY but it's not like he's had an entire facelift or anything. Some smoothing of the jowls and a trimming of the tum. His forehead has plenty of creases left.

Re: Morrissey and the NME's renewed friendship (or working arrangement)

Surely one of the biggest surprises of the new album campaign?
It looked like they'd come to some sort of an agreement when the video to one of the songs was exclusively previewed at NME.com. and this was confirmed when they had the first UK streaming of the album last week.
Interesting to hear about next week's NME with exclusive new photos and (finally!) interviews with the band. Sounds like part of the deal was for there to be no direct Morrissey interview - perhaps not surprising after last time. Morrissey is happy to have their support and, without an interview, he's at no risk of being stitched up again, so the trust is rebuilt. Don't know who would have brokered the deal - if it was Harvest, well done them.
Morrissey also seems keen to give his band more exposure these days - I'm really looking forward to hearing some insight from them, especially Gustavo.

If you ever run into Boz he will talk a lot about the making of the records. He loves talking about that stuff.

I asked him how he ended up playing bass on Do Your Best and Don't Worry and he said the day they went to record it Johnny wasn't around so he just grabbed a bass and laid down the track.

I asked him about the difference between the studio version of Jack The Ripper and the live version and he said they were in a hurry to get it recorded and the live version was what they were really going for.

I've met him a few times and I spent most of the time just asking him about stuff like this.

If you ever run into Boz he will talk a lot about the making of the records. He loves talking about that stuff.

I asked him how he ended up playing bass on Do Your Best and Don't Worry and he said the day they went to record it Johnny wasn't around so he just grabbed a bass and laid down the track.

I asked him about the difference between the studio version of Jack The Ripper and the live version and he said they were in a hurry to get it recorded and the live version was what they were really going for.

I've met him a few times and I spent most of the time just asking him about stuff like this.

love this kind of stuff! tell us more, bored.

love this kind of stuff! tell us more, bored.

Agreed! Please!

Hey Nozmuppet do you think the lyrics on some of the songs has slipped just a bit ? Where in the past Moz would have looked for the clever word or phrase but on some he went for something a little more easy . I don't know if I'm being too critically but one thing is for sure ...... the band makes up for this . Love the band ! They have never sounded better and Gustavo & Boz really stepped up

Yes... the words are more blunt to prove his point, I guess to kick up a fuss. I think he`s more clever when he uses poetry, but non Moz fans don't get it.
Before you could hum his tunes from start to finish when its was lead guitar driven, Suedehead, Playboys, The More you Ignore Me. But recently percussion and keyboards add their tune, Morrissey falcettos have to listen to it differently though top mature tunes....less air guitar..hmmm. :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom