NME: "Watch The Killers cover The Smiths' Please, Please, Please..." with Johnny Marr (October 13, 2022)

Watch The Killers cover The Smiths' Please, Please, Please..." with Johnny Marr

Save a click through:

Brief article highlighting the end of the tour.
Make of the cover what you will.
FWD.

I'm a coward on this one. I genuinely felt a little sick reading the headline! I can't watch and can't listen. I want to retain my love of the song and the feeling behind the song. Marr is bad enough these days but Flowers? If there is a God please stop him singing Smiths songs....I'm almost sure Flowers would love the Cure?? Sing Boys don't Cry, A Forest, Love Cats, anything, just understand what is sacred before it's too late. It might already be too late. 😪
:lbf:Now I want to see Brandon Flowers scream singing Love Cats :cat:

He can't even thank someone without using Morrissey's words. And Johnny, we know you are much, much shorter than Brandon and he is crouching quite a bit there, you evil midget. How utterly embarassing on both counts.

Screenshot 2022-10-15 3.32.47 AM.png

Haven't you heard? Johnny Marr is the Smiths now.
:lbf: Oh yeah, I forgot.
I think this is the year he finally killed what was left of his, well I don't know what to call it, 'career' doesn't seem to be the right word.
While Marr was playing karaoke with anyone who would let him on a stage -
Moz delivered delicious performances, proving once again, he IS the Smiths.

On the topic of The Killers, from an interview a few says ago:

10:35 mark starts the story of a young Flowers rummaging through Boz's bags at a rockabilly convention

On the topic of The Killers, from an interview a few says ago:

10:35 mark starts the story of a young Flowers rummaging through Boz's bags at a rockabilly convention

:ROFLMAO: Brandon was a super fan. I saw the original story, the cd was music only, no Moz vocals.

Of course the Killers can’t hold a candle to Morrissey’s feelings and emotions. They are a rock band. The Killers don’t have fans running on stage to just to hug them, like Morrissey, but the Killers are respecting Johnny Marr and the seminal work he did with the Smiths. Don’t hate on that.

Love from Chicago to all Smith fans!

God forbid someone does a cover. What a bunch of negative nancies on this board.

God forbid someone does a cover. What a bunch of negative nancies on this board.
Indeed. There are some pathetic Johnny Marr haters here, who just can't tolerate the fact that without him their golden boy would not have any kind of career. Morrissey's talent is undeniable, but without Marr he would never have left his mother's house.

but without Marr he would never have left his mother's house.
This actually is not true, M was in another band with Billy Duffy, before the Smiths, he had plenty of friends and he was sort of a minor celebrity already. Seriously, you know this, everyoue does, I don't get why you have to act like Johnny birthed Morrissey or something. I guess it's how you justifiy Marr's complete failure at a solo career, esp compared to Morrissey's. Whatever let's you sleep at night :)

This actually is not true, M was in another band with Billy Duffy, before the Smiths, he had plenty of friends and he was sort of a minor celebrity already. Seriously, you know this, everyoue does, I don't get why you have to act like Johnny birthed Morrissey or something. I guess it's how you justifiy Marr's complete failure at a solo career, esp compared to Morrissey's. Whatever let's you sleep at night :)
Yes, Morrissey was in The Nosebleeds, but that was years before Marr knocked on his door. At that point Moz had pretty much dropped out of the Manchester music scene. So yes, Johnny pretty much gave birth to Morrissey's career as we know it. As for Marr, he at least has a record deal and his latest album reached #4 in the UK charts, which is pretty much in step with Morrissey's latest album, back when he actually had a record company.

Yes, Morrissey was in The Nosebleeds, but that was years before Marr knocked on his door. At that point Moz had pretty much dropped out of the Manchester music scene. So yes, Johnny pretty much gave birth to Morrissey's career as we know it. As for Marr, he at least has a record deal and his latest album reached #4 in the UK charts, which is pretty much in step with Morrissey's latest album, back when he actually had a record company.
When people attempt to defend Marr, and I am not sure why they do, they always say things that are not true and/or don't matter. Don't make me feel sad for you. :drama: Honestly, you are sounding a bit silly grasping at these little straws.

So true, people here make a smug sport of insulting people like Brandon Flowers who have the talent and success that they themselves could never hope to possess.

Why can't any of you discuss this without insulting other posters, is this really that personal to you?

Why can't any of you discuss this without insulting other posters, is this really that personal to you?

Well obviously, the Smiths are very personal to us. Why else would we be here? Why are you here? You're the one with hate in your personal signature, hypocrite.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom