NME: "Watch The Killers cover The Smiths' Please, Please, Please..." with Johnny Marr (October 13, 2022)

Watch The Killers cover The Smiths' Please, Please, Please..." with Johnny Marr

Save a click through:

Brief article highlighting the end of the tour.
Make of the cover what you will.
FWD.

I'm sure Morrissey will appreciate any plays or purchases of Smiths songs, no matter what their persuasion.
Maybe. Who knows? Who cares?... I'm 6 cans in, and going to buy some magic beans off the leprechaun who lives at the bottom of my garden. He told me B Flowers is a cnut.

Well…that was pretty unmemorable. The singer sounds so generic. The band are adequate.

Morrissey’s recent live versions of Please, Please, Please…were delivered with such emotion & the band sounded great. Worlds apart from this dross.

The Killers with Marr sounds like a prom band playing music for people who don’t really like music.

Just watching Marr on stage with them made me feel that he is a man with no conviction who would get up & strangle a Smiths classic with literally anybody.

It was awful. In each song Flowers (no many Killers left these days him n the drummer only... A Flowers solo project in reality yet no one notes such... Oddly i still don't mind them) does not get what the songs are about... His vile religion would not countenance This Charming Man. And Marr... Dear god what and embarrassing man ... Nothing of note in decades

I like Brandon and The Killers. His voice is nowhere near Moz's but I like the tribute.

I actually WAS at the gig yesterday. And both Marr's solo renditions of "Panic" and "How Soon Is Now" and the songs played with The Killers as encore were great. Plus Marr looks absolutely fantastic for his age.

I admit though that 98% of the audience were totally clueless as to who Johnny Marr was and what those strange songs were The Killers covered during the encore.

I actually WAS at the gig yesterday. And both Marr's solo renditions of "Panic" and "How Soon Is Now" and the songs played with The Killers as encore were great. Plus Marr looks absolutely fantastic for his age.

I admit though that 98% of the audience were totally clueless as to who Johnny Marr was and what those strange songs were The Killers covered during the encore.

I saw this tour too. Although at my show, people knew who Johnny was and were singing along. The good thing is that fans of the Killers will be looking into the Smiths and Johnny. It's good for Morrissey too. There's no downside to it! It's all good.

This is an affront to all that is good and decent.
Is Brandon Flowers into Oscar Wilde now too, because I saw him quote Wilde a few times and it's cringe that defies description. Is he the Mormon Morrissey? He looks like a lost Osmond with his creepily clean cut look and giant glowing white teeth.
Johnny looks a like a special needs child pretending the audience is there for him. It would almost be sad if he was not such an ego maniac who probably has it stipulated in his contract that if he opens for anyone or jumps on their stage, he must be described in the most adoring and cool way possible, he even demands it of the audience.
I wonder if Brandon Flowers secretly hates the bands he covers, because this is absolute garbage and it's not a compliment to have someone butcher your song to death.
I never got why people liked The Killers, still don't.

im not a lady who has time to talk shit about guys named johnny or brandon on internet forums devoted to my bestie, steve morrissey. but if you insist that i weigh in objectively, then i would say this is a poor performance by any measure. have some dignity boys. there are films for cash you could score and wine bars you could invest in. earning your keep by imitating the inimitable is a waste of the precious little time they have left. you're welcome, everyone.

He sings badly, badly, hates, ruins the song and has less feeling than a pot. Johnny must associate with talented people. This was horrible /Moz is the best thing the song should be untouchable... Moz the only one!!!!! Please, please, don't sing anymore......... song killer!!!!!!!!!

Now that’s how it’s done! Beautiful, moving, with powerful arrangements.
He is teaching to sing with soul, heart, and life !!! And that's being the best singer of all Viva MORRISSEY!!! CARAJO!!!!
MOZ ESTA DANDO CATEDRA DE COMO SE CANTA CON ALMA CORAZON Y VIDA !!!

I'm a coward on this one. I genuinely felt a little sick reading the headline! I can't watch and can't listen. I want to retain my love of the song and the feeling behind the song. Marr is bad enough these days but Flowers? If there is a God please stop him singing Smiths songs....I'm almost sure Flowers would love the Cure?? Sing Boys don't Cry, A Forest, Love Cats, anything, just understand what is sacred before it's too late. It might already be too late. 😪

I'm a coward on this one. I genuinely felt a little sick reading the headline! I can't watch and can't listen. I want to retain my love of the song and the feeling behind the song. Marr is bad enough these days but Flowers? If there is a God please stop him singing Smiths songs....I'm almost sure Flowers would love the Cure?? Sing Boys don't Cry, A Forest, Love Cats, anything, just understand what is sacred before it's too late. It might already be too late. 😪

Marr+ Brandon = The smiths Killers.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom