NME: The Killers cover The Smiths’ ‘This Charming Man’ after Morrissey cancels headline set

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's what real craftsmen can do, apart from the voice (which is ok), thats's fantastic. Morrissey should watch that and reflect on the chuggers that he employs!!

Regards,
FWD.

That performance pretty-well solidifies the bullshit Morrissey and his “house-band” continue to dribble - when thy bother to show - as cut-rate, karaoke hackism.

Good stuff! :)

Wow, that's what real craftsmen can do, apart from the voice (which is ok), thats's fantastic. Morrissey should watch that and reflect on the chuggers that he employs!!

Agreed, kind of sad that other than the voice (as you mentioned), the crowd heard a better version than if Morrissey had played it.

While Morrissey spent the day in bed, The Killers played and slayed.

Excellent. Something you’ll NEVER hear from the LEMF’s that fawn up front or behind in the current Morrissey fan and failing pub-band lineup...

...a proper take on one of Johnny f***ING Marr’s riffs.

Nice to hear! :)

The Killers' touring guitarist probably learned right from the source.
One of the best days in my guitar-playing life: talking with Johnny Marr last year in a music festival in Scotland. I had a few questions for him on how to play some songs off of his latest solo album, and instead of giving vague, monosyllabic answers, he spent several minutes explaining the tunings behind him and the things that influenced his musical decisions.
https://www.tedsablay.com/blog/2014/5/10/meeting-johnny-marr

The two covers are terrible!!!!
Then again, some very skilled musicians did disasters whilst trying to play a Smiths or Morrissey cover (David Bowie and his version of "I know it's gonna happen" comes to my mind... Bowie destroyed the song).

Morrissey is often good with covers, though I didn't like his version of "Judy is a Punk"

haha ! Morrissey got wind that the 'killers':rolleyes: were going to cover that song so he.... canceled. Thanks killers! you have killed him and it ... wow this version is as bad as his ! :lbf: of course any fool knows that if he wanted 'Charming Man' to sound the same way the Smiths did it, then he would just reform the Smiths, .... a little change with the times ! :cool:

But surely, these are horrible? Good enough backing band though.
(It shows how great a singer Moz is)

Last edited:
The Killers should have stopped after Hot Fuss. The later albums are generic mush. Their new album has one ok song on it.

first time i read most comments agree on something...it's early i suppose.
but that dude is off key too many times. does make u realize it isn't that easy to sing on key.
i prefer hearing the riff over jesse's version. they remind me of the strokes

of the top riffs of all rock,

first time i read most comments agree on something...it's early i suppose.
but that dude is off key too many times. does make u realize it isn't that easy to sing on key.
i prefer hearing the riff over jesse's version. they remind me of the strokes,

Morrissey is PERFECT in his studio recordings, but when he sings live, he is very often singing off key. The strange fact is that this "problem" sounds fantastic when he sings live.

It is a weird paradox... Morrissey doesn't sing on key during his concerts, but his "technical mistakes" or "problems" when he sings live ended up being something that makes the whole thing better. I don't know why such thing happens.

A guitarist who can play the riff must help.

I'm 100% sure Jesse can play This Charming Man, he's covered other Smiths songs really well, I really liked him dong Still Ill for example.

He must be frustrated Morrissey wanted to do a version lie this as he gets nothing but stick for it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom