NME "Queen Is Dead" special. Will it be very special at all?

Helen

As I'm far more fabulous than all of you, the NME sent me this...

And the following blurb....

The magazine which comes out this Weds (7th June) talks about how it influenced a generation and also has famous fans such as Liam Gallagher and Johnny Borrel talking about why its high on their list of favourite albums.

Now, don't get me wrong. I come and go like fashion. Sorry... I mean, don't get me wrong, it's nice of them to send it to me, however...

DO ANY OF US GIVE THE SMALLEST IMAGINABLE TOSS WHAT THOSE PAIR OF PRIZE PRICKS, T'GALLAGHER AND T'BORREL HAVE TO SAY ABOUT WHY THEY LIKE THE "QUEEN IS DEAD"?

That'd be a resounding cry of NOPE!

I might not be shouting like a maniac in Sainsburys if they'd chosen people who seem to have had some tangible inspiration from the music of the Smiths!

Nice picture though, even if it makes it look a bit like Mojo or Q....

Cowshed

Underclass
To be fair, I'm sure no-one thought that NME would suddenly become credible just because it is The Queen Is Dead orientated.

And no, I could not give one toss what that Borrell guy says, or a Gallagher. The only people that I might be interested by their views would be Radiohead, but lets face it - what could ANY of these people say about TQIS that we don't already know?!

Helen

It just seems like a lost opportunity. But then... I have a horrible feeling that it's NME doing a cash-in. It's a bit pointless, to be honest, seeing as the jumbo-sized Smiths special that Q did in 2004 is pretty hard to surpass.

I spose they interviewed those tosspots to get 'the kids' into it. When, oh when, oh when will people realise that the kids have their own ears and don't really care what other people think about something that is great - they'll listen themselves and know it.

Also... "win the back catalogue". Well damn, I've already got it!!!

I'm surprised they didn't cancel it, just so they could have the latest heroin-related crappiness courtesy of Pete Doherty.

lztom

I had a policy of never buying the NME cause it is pure shit.

I went against that policy when the last Morrissey interview was in it.

It was pure shit.

They split it over two issues to try and get more sales. Cheeky bastards.

Thus, I shall not be buying this.

Helen

May I congratulate you on your excellent taste?

It's quite funny they emailed me with it seeing as on my website (which they want me to announce this amazing journalist feat of theirs on...) there's a really scathing spoof of an NME interview with Moz.

The disappointment I feel every Wednesday is painful. Really. I remember the heady days of trying to decide whether to buy NME or Melody Maker, reading about loads of interesting bands, unsigned bands, loads of reviews, insightful interviews (THAT WEREN'T NEEDLESSLY SPREAD ACROSS TWO ISSUES!), etc etc etc.

Now it's all shiny and crap.

Top Bottom