NME Letters page, 10th August

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I don't know what made me buy this issue, because I never normally do. Opened it at the letters page, and there we are. One or two people, Boz included, have already spotted the name of the author of the main letter.

oqkcn9.jpg

P.

I don't think that it could be the Robert Smith writing, because KFC doesn't offer free wireless yet, do they?

I don't think that it could be the Robert Smith writing, because KFC doesn't offer free wireless yet, do they?

Nice.

I can't stand Fat Bob. I know lots of people here are Cure fans but as far as I'm concerned this guy can eat a bag of dicks. As to if this was Fat Bob or just someone with the same name.. hard to say.

It most certainly is not the Robert Smith. The writer uses the word 'we,' meaning being among his fans. It's a fairly common name, much like mine is, why is it even worth discussing?

Kate Ryan

Nice.

I can't stand Fat Bob. I know lots of people here are Cure fans but as far as I'm concerned this guy can eat a bag of dicks. As to if this was Fat Bob or just someone with the same name.. hard to say.

Why don't you like him? Is it him or his music you don't like? I'm just curious.

Why don't you like him? Is it him or his music you don't like? I'm just curious.

Well, I don't like his lyrics and I don't like the make up and that. It just seems fake and trite but that's just my opinion. I also don't like his personality.

I will give him credit though.. I have seen The Cure in concert twice with friends who wanted to go and they put on a great show and he is a decent guitar player. I will not confuse my dislike for him with saying he's talentless. I can't stand when people mix the two.

Nice.

I loves me some Fat Bob :love:, but I think we can safely assume this wasn't him based upon content as the right honorable member above pointed out. There are like a half million people in the UK with the last name of Smith, and of those there are probably a few thousand Roberts.

Well, I don't like his lyrics and I don't like the make up and that. It just seems fake and trite but that's just my opinion. I also don't like his personality.

Is this more to your liking?

Last edited by a moderator:
....A feller in my local is called Bob Smith.....does that count ??? ( last time I looked, he was not a Goth/Emo/fan of songs that go on and on and on about drowning, either...)

I'm a cure head. :)
I haven't bought their last album though. I was as thrilled with it as Mozs last... oh never mind. :(
I do wish Moz would take a note from the cure and get together all the old lads and tour old albums as the cure did in Berlin and Australia.

They do both fued with their fansite owners.

Maybe it was Lol Tolhurt writing in as Robert Smith as he DOES like Mozzers music. ;)

lol Morrissey got better treatment off that old rag than he does on this website

lol Morrissey got better treatment off that old rag than he does on this website

But not in the comments sections below the NME's online articles.

Do you want to have to send comments to a Morrissey-Solo editor and have him select the 5% of his choice to post to the site?

One thing I've always loved about The Cure is usually they exceed the length of an average Morrissey song before ever even getting to the vocals...Lol.

Back
Top Bottom