NME Letter of the week - Morrissey Godlike-Genius award urged - NME agree

VV60eQO.jpg

Sounds like they've been trying to get an interview...

P.

Hit the nail on the head. They want him back, and he could use the press.

Didn't he turn this award down during his comeback year, 2004? If they really want to give it to him, just give it to him; name him as the winner whether or not he shows up, wants it, etc.

Is the NME still going? It is totally irrelevant and only those clinging to a bygone era still buy it, eg Uncle Scanky. Being crowned a God Like Genius by the NME would mean nothing to Morrissey and he certainly would have no interest in receiving it. Nothing to see here.

Is the NME still going? It is totally irrelevant and only those clinging to a bygone era still buy it, eg Uncle Scanky. Being crowned a God Like Genius by the NME would mean nothing to Morrissey and he certainly would have no interest in receiving it. Nothing to see here.

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. See post elsewhere for detailed reaction.

P.

My memory isn't what it was, but didn't he/The Smiths win many NME readers polls et al at the time of a similar title. In fact, quite a few times.
I initially thought it was a bad idea, but after reading 2 recent issues and finding almost all the bands alien to me, I changed my mind.
Of all the music on the periphery of Mr. Cowell's sheeple-driven garbage that the NME highlights, not a one speaks to me like our mutual friend did all those years ago.
Some cementing of that even from the NME would be welcomed - even if balked at by Moz.
Regards,
FWD

there's some wonderful new music out there, but like the f*** the NME would ever find it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom