NME: Johnny Marr set to write debut film score

mcrickson

Reckless Endangerment
First Mozzer starts designing shoes with Stella McCartney, now Marr dabbles in film scores. :rolleyes:

December 2, 2009

http://www.nme.com/news/johnny-marr/48674

Former Smiths legend and current Cribs guitarist Johnny Marr is set to write a film score.

Working on the Tony Krantz directed 'The Big Bang', Marr will be making his debut as a film composer, reports MovieScoreMagazine.com.

Staring Antonio Banderas and Snoop Dogg, the film is about a private detective who is searching for a former stripper who no one has ever seen.

Currently in post-production, the film is expected to be released during 2010.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Last edited:
Isn't he working with Ian Brown on a soundtrack for a TV show, too?
It sounds interesting.

And - I think Marr got in before Moz with the shoe-designing, but I can't remember if his were veggie or not.

Johnny will be superb.

Saw Johnny last night at The Cribs concert in Birmingham, well . . . never seen anyone play guitars with such estatic, fantastic passion as those men!

Standing room to dance only back to the exit doors . . . played for hours non stop outstanding music.

Am breathless . . . think I go along to their Manchester gig too now . . .

:guitar:

hope Johnny's carrier gets a boost, just like UNDERWORLD had with
TRAINSPOTTING

sadly it's a USA film, and if the critics are bad, it won't even get on
the movies in the rest of the world, and will become a bmovie 2011 in
de dvd rent-a-movie [don't think moviepaychannels will add movies who
didn't make money, I mean the budget bigger than what $$$ came in via
movie visitors

:crazy:

you don't understand,yeah, I thought so, it's my life:lbf:

Follow up of the earlier news:

http://www.nme.com/news/the-cribs/50852

Johnny Marr has revealed that he has composed the soundtrack to the forthcoming film The Big Bang.

The Cribs guitarist told NME.COM that he had composed the Tony Kratz-directed film by himself. The movie, which stars Antonio Banderas, is expected to be released in the autumn. The soundtrac will also be released later this year.

"I've done new stuff which is kind of atmospheric and almost Warp-like," he told NME.COM. "Making the guitar sound electronic. Where other people would have used orchestras I've made the same effect using guitars."

He explained that Kratz enlisted him for the project because he was a fan of The Healers - Marr's group between 2000 and 2003.

He decribed The Big Bang as "a weird sort of half-detective, half-trippy" film.

johnny should casually offer these new tracks to morrissey to add a voice - why ever not? - whats stopping him?

first thing that came to mind when I read this, its gonna suck :straightface:
I meant the score, the film is gonna suck, most films suck, duh
but then I read Preg's post and thought maybe it wont suck :eek:
then, then I just got a tremendously good idea, how about Marr do this whole score thing and the Mozzer sing along to it? :thumb:

first thing that came to mind when I read this, its gonna suck :straightface:
I meant the score, the film is gonna suck, most films suck, duh
but then I read Preg's post and thought maybe it wont suck :eek:
then, then I just got a tremendously good idea, how about Marr do this whole score thing and the Mozzer sing along to it? :thumb:

They could be, like, Kander and Ebb. It'd be awesome. They could team up and attack Broadway.

OK, you guys won me over and I mean, I would not want my post to discourage Mr Marr from doing it
I mean, hell, I even listened to more Modest Mouse because of him, for a while :cool:
so yeah, I have high hopes for it, it simply cannot wait to hear it :thumb:
honestly :straightface:

when seeing that current adidas spot where noel is in +and ian brown i thought johnny would have been fitting in their spot too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNOA3Veod8s
.i just cant get the song played there from that spot out if my head..very catchy..but still-
i wont buy adidas:lbf:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom