NME huge circulation loss.

So many numbers in an article can discourage people from reading :o

Not me. I like words and numbers.

I liked this quote even more:

IPC Ignite publishing director Paul Cheal said NME would be revamped later this year.

"NME magazine sits at the heart of the brand and we are constantly sense checking what readers want and looking to evolve the magazine's content and design," Cheal said.

"With this in mind our editorial team are currently engaged in exciting development work which will come to market later this year."

My hiding the NME behind other magazines on the shelf must contribute a little bit? We can all play our own part in it's downfall. We can avoid their website too and we should definetly not buy it. Unlike certain people I know, who would sacrifice all of their princpiples for anything casual. I do believe, it's terrible.

Dont beat around the bush.... name names...

Jukebox Jury

My hiding the NME behind other magazines on the shelf must contribute a little bit? We can all play our own part in it's downfall. We can avoid their website too and we should definetly not buy it. Unlike certain people I know, who would sacrifice all of their princpiples for anything casual. I do believe, it's terrible.

The quote is cute, but don't make the mistake of assuming that the culprits ever had principles to begin with. :D

are you serious?

that's strange, do we ever talk to each other? I've been doing a very similar thing in Morrisons but putting the independent over the scum toilet-paper! :D

love

Grim
P.s. I'd stopped buying the nme before the 90's but would buy Morrissey interest copies, fortunately they are few & far betwixt!

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere here. I had a quick look and couldn't see it.

The NME has suffered a 12% year on year circulation loss. Shame, eh?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/feb/14/abcs.pressandpublishing7

Not really! They're a shit rag, and they seem to do alot of coverage of crappy bands no one cares about. At least IMHO that's how it is w/them. Even though I have a hard time finding them here in Vegas, I don't buy them unless there's good articles on Morrissey or DM, or something. Mostly though it's one good article and the rest is garbage.

Word Magazine became garbage as well, so did Mojo. Half the bands in these mags that are current, are:

In Rehab/broken up/on the verge of breaking up/ripping off bands sounds before them,shitty in general.

That's why I don't buy Rolling Stone, as they focus too much on shit no one cares about. They were last relevant about 15 yrs ago. Now? not so much. They devote their mag(RS) to useless shit like Amy Winehouse, and Kanye West, who neither are worth a damn. Just my take.

Last edited:
Ahhhh Bless.......

Good ridance to the bog rag. Let's hope it's put to good use in public toilets soon.

Probably because the kids that used to buy it are saving their money for crack and trilbys. It's a shit mag what more can you say?

I think you have to look at this in a wider context.
How many magazines / papers have increasing circulation these days?

I remember when there was 4 weekly music papers - NME, Sounds, Melody Maker, Record Mirror.
Then throw in Smash Hits and other teen publications. All gone except the NME.
It's not so much the content, but the electronic age etc etc blah blah blah.
I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has.

Jukebox Jury

PS Is anyone else old enough to remember 'Disco 45', a weekly (I think) magazine that simply and brilliantly featured the words to the latest pop songs. We'd sit there as 9 / 10 year olds and learn the lyrics to 'Metal Guru' and 'Teenage Rampage'.:o
Morrissey MUST have bought it

Back
Top Bottom