NME give Give Greatest Hits 6/10

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Pretty well-balanced and knowledgable review. Previously unpublished pic of Moz and the boys too. Pics later.

Peter

**EDIT**

Also a quote from The Cribs, re Johnny Marr...

"Yeah, by the time this is printed we should've played with him a couple of times. It's really exciting, I can't wait. He said 'Tell you what, lads, you're the only band I've ever said this to, but if you want to do a Smiths song, just pick one.' That's a massive deal to me, without wanting to embarrass Johnny. We shall see!"

AND...

New TV channel, NME TV (SKY 377)

NME ARCHIVE:MORRISSEY
To celebrate his solo Best Of coming out, we lock ourselves in our creaky cupboard marked 'old videos', and return ready to spin only the very finest.
SUNDAY FEB 10, 10pm

Last edited:
interesting route forward for the NME - a TV channel

i wonder if it could save them or just prolongue the inevitable?

Also a quote from The Cribs, re Johnny Marr...

"Yeah, by the time this is printed we should've played with him a couple of times. It's really exciting, I can't wait. He said 'Tell you what, lads, you're the only band I've ever said this to, but if you want to do a Smiths song, just pick one.' That's a massive deal to me, without wanting to embarrass Johnny. We shall see!"

Please, Eris, let The Cribs pick "Work is a 4-Letter Word"!

its a good review, written by mark beaumont, probly nme's number one Moz fan, darn i'm in france and can't find the full stop!

he loves all you need is me, compqres it to nat front disco, but claims 'thats how people' is worst single since dagenham dave; think i might have to agree!

Pic & Review here

2247100464_fa248af428_o.jpg

2246306231_91e357cd3d_o.jpg

Peter

In one of their reviews this week:

"If Mowgli ever formed a band with his jungle friends, they would sound like Vampire Weekend...just imagine Baloo puffing on panpipes....throwing in a bunch of chattering 'eh-eh-eh-ehs' that would ricochet coconuts off trees faster than Keef..."

But the NME hate racism don't you know.....:confused:

lordy that caption split my sides

Another 6/10:
http://www.inthenews.co.uk/entertainment/reviews/music/rockindie/morrissey-greatest-hits-$1198727.htm

Tags
nme reviews
Back
Top Bottom