NME: Does Rock ‘N’ Roll Kill Braincells?! – The Libertines’ Gary Powell - Morrissey mentions (August 5, 2022)

Libertines' drummer talks about being blanked by Morrissey at Meltdown. Shyness isn't so nice?

Excerpt:

You’ve previously claimed Morrissey was rude to you during that Meltdown appearance. Did he ever apologise?

“No. He never spoke to me for the two days we did Meltdown. He came up onstage, spoke to everybody in the New York Dolls, and completely blanked me. At the meet and greet afterwards, he didn’t even look in my general direction. When [The Libertines] later did an NME photoshoot with Morrissey, I was stood next to him and he again didn’t talk to me – he spoke to everybody else in the band. The only thing he said to me was ‘Mexico’, grudgingly, and that’s because I asked where his ring was from. He showed his true colours and feelings towards me and it was a level of ignorance I can’t be bothered to deal with.”

Image posted by Malarkey:

full

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Presumably Morrissey got him the drumming gig with The Dolls. What a horrible racist.

Attachments

• 28F0F1E7-A626-46D7-98E2-94C6D887682D.jpeg
    28F0F1E7-A626-46D7-98E2-94C6D887682D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Wazzock sounds like town in the Australian outback. And Gary Powell should get the f*** over himself and quit playing the victim of some perceived rudeness 20 years on. f***ing embarrassment.

Any non-white people got an opinion on this? Before you post, don't forget - diversity is bad. Diversity got Steakie sacked from his record deal. Actually, maybe just leave it to white people here to express the thoughts, feelings, and mind set of Gary.

I read, and re-read and re-read Gary Powell's comment (which he was asked about, so relax to everyone who trips on the fact he's still mad after all these years etc), and didn't find the slightest hint from him that Morrissey didn't speak to him because of his colour. So why all you nutcases assume this?

hes talking shit,ignore,where on here has it ever been stated that M and thelma never spoke,must be thinking of thelma from scooby doo.
It was sarcasm. I wasn't talking shit. The statement I made was so outlandish that I didn't think it needed a /s at the end.

#iwaswrong

I read, and re-read and re-read Gary Powell's comment (which he was asked about, so relax to everyone who trips on the fact he's still mad after all these years etc), and didn't find the slightest hint from him that Morrissey didn't speak to him because of his colour. So why all you nutcases assume this?

The assumption is that the NME & Gash want to hint at it.

Although, true colours does echo the Guardian's Bigmouth article.

guard.jpg

Last edited:
Except for one time, Gary never mentions himself initiating any conversation with Morrissey.

I don’t know what you’re getting at, are you trying to imply that Morrissey didn’t talk to him because of his skin color?
Let's just say it is a bad look for Morrissey. It does give the appearance that he may be racist. Shocking, I know.

Let's just say it is a bad look for Morrissey. It does give the appearance that he may be racist. Shocking, I know.
You only have one side of the story and no idea if it's true or not, all we can really see is a pic of Moz actually talking to him

It is shocking, people’s ignorant and lazy conclusions.

Is the photo below a good look :rolleyes: does it calm your fears ….

The assumption is that the NME & Gash want to hint at it.

Although, true colours does echo the Guardian's Bigmouth article.

View attachment 83410
So basically, again, you lot are assuming some are HINTING something. While there is absolutely zero thing supporting this assumption.
Funny how you always protest when it's about Morrissey but not when it's someone else.

You only have one side of the story and no idea if it's true or not, all we can really see is a pic of Moz actually talking to him
But this is not the first allegation against Morrissey. In fact, he has lost a good portion of his fan base because of some pretty disgusting behavior. Why are you treating this like it is something out of the blue? If you are asking me who I would trust more, Morrissey or Gary Powell, it is Gary Powell and it is not even close. Sorry to hit you with some reality.

But this is not the first allegation against Morrissey. In fact, he has lost a good portion of his fan base because of some pretty disgusting behavior. Why are you treating this like it is something out of the blue? If you are asking me who I would trust more, Morrissey or Gary Powell, it is Gary Powell and it is not even close. Sorry to hit you with some reality.

None of the previous allegations are about his private behaviour.

Gary Powell is a no one who is looking for attention

Anyone who says that they have the “truth” or that they hit you with “reality”, is usually full of shit.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom