NME discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
and there are countless fans who made up their minds regardless of the Pingate. I'm not interested in UK politics. Also somehow you skipped over my question about NME's adulation in 2004. I understand, it caused error in the delusion, you needed to re-boot :)

The story they write about Morrissey isn't going to include the individual journeys of every single fan. Esp some weirdo who posts as different people.

And the NME told you in 2002 but you can't read. To. Get. Copy.

Morrissey spoke about AMW and TR not the NME, if he hadn’t, there wouldn’t have been any drama at all.

There's been constant drama. They were looking for it because there was this myth about him. And he distrusted them because of it.

It's shoddy journalism.

Morrissey spoke about AMW and TR not the NME, if he hadn’t, there wouldn’t have been any drama at all.
Not quite true. There’s been similar drama since 1992, on and off.

Not quite true. There’s been similar drama since 1992, on and off.

They jumped to the wrong conclusion because of 1992 - they ignored everything he was actually saying & the unlikely woman he was was interested in because they had it in their head that he'd been signalling support for the National Front.

Agree but nothing really impacted his career in the UK until 2017

When there's more clickbait & social media storms - but the reaction comes from the myth that formed in 92.

Simon Price was scrutinising his t-shirt designs for similarities to Skrewdriver. And I only know about Skrewdriver because they kept comparing him to Skrewdriver. And they did that because of 92.

This is a spectacularly foolish thread. The nme does not have a fixed identity across the decades. It just depends who's working there at any particular time. In the last couple of years they have actually been pretty generous to Morrissey. The only uk publication to even review his 2020 and 2021 shows (both positively) and they gave Dog on a Chain a better review than most. To have a morrissey related hatred for the publication in 2021, you have to be an utter f***ing idiot.

This is a spectacularly foolish thread. The nme does not have a fixed identity across the decades. It just depends who's working there at any particular time. In the last couple of years they have actually been pretty generous to Morrissey. The only uk publication to even review his 2020 and 2021 shows (both positively) and they gave Dog on a Chain a better review than most. To have a morrissey related hatred for the publication in 2021, you have to be an utter f***ing idiot.

It's in their archive.

They refer back to it.

And none of them have ever questioned it.

The story they write about Morrissey isn't going to include the individual journeys of every single fan. Esp some weirdo who posts as different people.

And the NME told you in 2002 but you can't read. To. Get. Copy.
I can't read, yes :D. You should be the definition of "pot calling kettle". Not sure if you are referring to me posting under different aliases, which I do not. But you know what? Who am I to disturb your delusion? There were (are?) believing Elvis didn't actually die and are happy about it. Fine by me :) Most likely everyone else, Verso, Surface etc are fooled by the media and fed lies, you are the only one seeing through!

I can't read, yes :D. You should be the definition of "pot calling kettle". Not sure if you are referring to me posting under different aliases, which I do not. But you know what? Who am I to disturb your delusion? There were (are?) believing Elvis didn't actually die and are happy about it. Fine by me :) Most likely everyone else, Verso, Surface etc are fooled by the media and fed lies, you are the only one seeing through!

You can't even see what the media prints - nevermind work out what the lies are.

We ridiculed him, demonized him...

20211013_124259.jpg

20211013_124131.jpg

Agree but nothing really impacted his career in the UK until 2017
I would say ‘97 felt bleak: racism was mentioned in nearly every Maladjusted review. The ‘99 tour was accompanied by an NME article inviting readers to ‘brick’ Morrissey offstage. Things didn’t get warmer until 2002, when a new enthusiasm for The Smiths seemed to give Morrissey a bit of purchase. But even the 2004 NME interview was represented (by Steven Wells) as Morrissey grovelling for forgiveness. Things didn’t feel on an even keel until 2006. And we all know that lasted mere days.

Yes, you’d have to mention The Guardian too.

I feel truly sorry for you Nerak. You might have your cross in your life (most of us have something), but it's still worth to pursue real-life friends you can stand up for, not defending a stranger, a millionaire popstar who might have been treated unfairly sometimes, but at least that many times he was acting as an ass, treated people like shit, and so on - and you know nothing about personally. Deep down you also know people here give up arguing with you at some point not because you are right or convincing, but out of pity. Like....I do now. Delude away!

I feel truly sorry for you Nerak. You might have your cross in your life (most of us have something), but it's still worth to pursue real-life friends you can stand up for, not defending a stranger, a millionaire popstar who might have been treated unfairly sometimes, but at least that many times he was acting as an ass, treated people like shit, and so on - and you know nothing about personally. Deep down you also know people here give up arguing with you at some point not because you are right or convincing, but out of pity. Like....I do now. Delude away!

:lbf:

wtf? while you spend your valuable unemployed time in a forum of an artist you profess to hate.o_O
moz forum in quotation marks, with forums like this, who needs nme? :lbf: :hammer: -

Ffs.

You're posting on a website dedicated to him & if you give up it's because you've got nothing to say.

Literally in the NME article they quote Morrissey complaining about negative fake headlines & their advice is to 'milk it'. How much more of a clue do you need to get?

You can bullsh*t away, it's all you've got.

Ffs.

You're posting on a website dedicated to him & if you give up it's because you've got nothing to say.

Literally in the NME article they quote Morrissey complaining about negative fake headlines & their advice is to 'milk it'. How much more of a clue do you need to get?

You can bullsh*t away, it's all you've got.
Yes, of course :D. Whatever you say! Fight for your cause! One day people will realise how right you were! Until then....stays the pity/laughter.

And if he's hell to work with, then they can write that.

Yes, of course :D. Whatever you say! Fight for your cause! One day people will realise how right you were! Until then....stays the pity/laughter.

The emoji just makes you look even more stupid.

Back
Top Bottom