NME discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
Still don't see the lie. He did what they're describing. He then opted not to offer an explanation, a decision to maintain some ambiguity that I respect but one that nonetheless came with consequences.

He did not do what they're describing - there was no gesture that would be unambiguously interpreted by skinheads. There was no racist imagery. And it was a dig at his sexuality. They shouldn't have written it.

He did not do what they're describing - there was no gesture that would be unambiguously interpreted by skinheads. There was no racist imagery. And it was a dig at his sexuality. They shouldn't have written it.
Talking to you is a waste of time -- you're out of your f***ing mind, it's intolerable. Your fiction has completely blinded you.

It's on YouTube.
That’s a no then.
Karen, the levels you go to in order to defend M are to be admired. However, in just as equal a measured, quite astonishing.
I can’t think what your point is in all this. You’re an armchair admirer of Morrissey, so not someone who follows him around the globe, but yet your blind deviation of him is somewhat bizarre.
He will eventually break your little heart. To a point, where even you won’t be able to put a spin on the shit on offer.
Fact is, he’s dug many a hole for himself down the years, some can be filled back up with soil, some can’t.
You’d make a great wife with your defence mechanism.

Except I just wrote I laughed at Morrissey making himself a twat after Der Spiegel. I made my osn mind up. Without Twitter, The Guardian or NME. In read his statement the listened to the tape. Nothing could be more straightforward.

There are countless articles, blogs, tweets & posts where ex fans or journalists describe the 'suspicions' they put out of their mind before Pingate made them believe it was all true.

That’s a no then.
Karen, the levels you go to in order to defend M are to be admired. However, in just as equal a measured, quite astonishing.
I can’t think what your point is in all this. You’re an armchair admirer of Morrissey, so not someone who follows him around the globe, but yet your blind deviation of him is somewhat bizarre.
He will eventually break your little heart. To a point, where even you won’t be able to put a spin on the shit on offer.
Fact is, he’s dug many a hole for himself down the years, some can be filled back up with soil, some can’t.
You’d make a great wife with your defence mechanism.

If you want to tell me what great insights you gained from attending every single one of his gigs since the stone age, feel free.

Talking to you is a waste of time -- you're out of your f***ing mind, it's intolerable. Your fiction has completely blinded you.

If you can't see the difference between the Independent's review that cites his lack of blokedom as the only problem at Finsbury Park

20211013_001804.jpg

& the NME's hit piece

20210918_082202.jpg

Then you're the one blinded by fiction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except I just wrote I laughed at Morrissey making himself a twat after Der Spiegel. I made my osn mind up. Without Twitter, The Guardian or NME. In read his statement the listened to the tape. Nothing could be more straightforward.

you made your OSN twat mind up?? WTF? :hammer:

If you can't see the difference between the Independent's review that cites his lack of blokedom as the only problem at Finsbury Park

View attachment 76971

& the NME's hit piece

View attachment 76972

Then you're the one blinded by fiction.
Only you could construe that as a “hit piece.” The funny thing about this retroactive outrage over the NME is that the original “Flying the flag…” piece is actually completely reasonable — I’d say that the only aspect of the feature that misses the mark is the collection of “problematic quotes” which comes off as a pedantic waste of time. The rest of it is even-keeled and goes so far as to give Morrissey the benefit of the doubt. If anything, the man himself is complicit in elevating the article to legendary status.

Only you could construe that as a “hit piece.” The funny thing about this retroactive outrage over the NME is that the original “Flying the flag…” piece is actually completely reasonable — I’d say that the only aspect of the feature that misses the mark is the collection of “problematic quotes” which comes off as a pedantic waste of time. The rest of it is even-keeled and goes so far as to give Morrissey the benefit of the doubt. If anything, the man himself is complicit in elevating the article to legendary status.

Making insinuations & accusations in the form of questions is a well known tabloid technique. It's not reasonable. It's a lie.

And you'd say absolutely anything because for some reason you have to argue on this site.

Making insinuations & accusations in the form of questions is a well known tabloid technique. It's not reasonable. It's a lie.

And you'd say absolutely anything because for some reason you have to argue on this site.
It’s very clearly not a lie. Morrissey had a chance to respond and he didn’t. He threatened legal action which was a joke because there was no grounds to make a case for libel — something he was well-aware of.

It’s very clearly not a lie. Morrissey had a chance to respond and he didn’t. He threatened legal action which was a joke because there was no grounds to make a case for libel — something he was well-aware of.

It was a lie.

There was no racist imagery - there was a Derek Ridgers art print & a Union Jack.

And insinuating that he's got a fetish for racism based on absolutely f*** all is outright homophobia.

It was a lie.

There was no racist imagery - there was a Derek Ridgers art print & a Union Jack.

And insinuating that he's got a fetish for racism based on absolutely f*** all is outright homophobia.
Alright, I’m done. I don’t even know where to begin with that one. Your shtick is bordering on absurdist performance. Such a disingenuous clown.

Ridiculous. That proves nothing. It's not just the flag. Where is the juxtaposition of skinheads as a backdrop? Only in the very small Morrissey picture. And they were in the audience too.

Ridiculous. That proves nothing. It's not just the flag. Where is the juxtaposition of skinheads as a backdrop? Only in the very small Morrissey picture. And they were in the audience too.

The backdrop was two girls & the NME got Derek to worry that they'd been demeaned. By being behind Morrissey.

20211013_051909.jpg

Also the Upstarts are a skinhead band who apparently - according to the NME - are a safe route to 'vicarious skinhead thrills'.

As opposed to what? The danger of wearing a gold lame shirt?

20211013_053400.jpg

20211013_053335.jpg

You’re an armchair admirer of Morrissey, so not someone who follows him around the globe,
I respect you greatly, Janice, but you do seem to think that the only way to appreciate, understand or be a fan of Morrissey is to go to as many gigs as possible. And you do like to brag about the number of shows you’ve been to, making it seem like you merely ‘collect’ them, that going to shows is the point in itself, the be-all-and-end all, not what you experience and feel at these shows.

Someone who is dirt poor and who can only afford one gig per year, let’s say, could be equally moved by Morrissey’s words and music and be just as knowledgeable about Morrissey the artist as someone who follows him around the globe. The same goes for someone with social anxiety disorder, who literally can’t function in crowds etc. And for some, seeing him live a few times now and then is enough, they might prefer the recorded noise. Some don’t even like going to concerts. A large chunk of Morrissey’s power and beauty lies in his poetry, his voice and his melodies, some in his stage presence.

Last edited:
It had everything to do with the NME - people were saying FB was the proof that he had been supporting the NF all along.

If the suspicion hadn't been there it wouldn't have been the same scandal.

Morrissey spoke about AMW and TR not the NME, if he hadn’t, there wouldn’t have been any drama at all.

There are countless articles, blogs, tweets & posts where ex fans or journalists describe the 'suspicions' they put out of their mind before Pingate made them believe it was all true.
and there are countless fans who made up their minds regardless of the Pingate. I'm not interested in UK politics. Also somehow you skipped over my question about NME's adulation in 2004. I understand, it caused error in the delusion, you needed to re-boot :)

Back
Top Bottom