NME discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
You’re talking about people like yourself who can’t face the uncomfortable truth about Morrissey, right?

What ‘uncomfortable truth’? That though he’s had some dogs, he’s actually a cat person?

Still waiting for Nerak to explain the halal/ISIS comment to me. I’m sure it has something to do with homophobia in 1992 or whatever.

you can’t leave it there. And I’ll probably agree with you. But In what ways, how do mean?
I was paraphrasing Bill Shankly, who recognised that football both accepted and transcended mere issues of life and death.

Single songs, magical performances, a confounding identity, and the ebbs and flows of his career, provide a similar access to those ultimate realities; in a manifold of ways, and mediums: He’s a shaman—for those who have the shining. And an emetic for those who are limited to, and by, the world.

Still waiting for Nerak to explain the halal/ISIS comment to me. I’m sure it has something to do with homophobia in 1992 or whatever.

I can't be arsed with you - but it's either a meme he's picked up or hyperbole - & as he's literally just complaining about religious authorities being allowed to break laws & also mentioned other traditions & has been against all forms of animal cruelty his entire career, it's no different to complaining about gay marriages not being allowed in Catholic churches. The Vatican isn't going to change its stance but it's not anti-Catholic to wish it would.

I was paraphrasing Bill Shankly, who recognised that football both accepted and transcended mere issues of life and death.

Single songs, magical performances, a confounding identity, and the ebbs and flows of his career, provide a similar access to those ultimate realities; in a manifold of ways, and mediums: He’s a shaman—for those who have the shining. And an emetic for those who are limited to, and by, the world.

Yes,yes, and yes. Though, If one is not moved by and so recognizes M’s mojo, then it may be difficult for them to see M as shaman especially when he himself attaches himself to/identifies with the material world, more or less.

Also, I don’t know what the future holds, but can M be one of the last great shamanic playboys ?

What do you good folks think?

Yes,yes, and yes. Though, If one is not moved by and so recognizes M’s mojo, then it may be difficult for them to see M as shaman especially when he himself attaches himself to/identifies with the material world, more or less.

Also, I don’t know what the future holds, but can M be one of the last great shamanic playboys ?

What, like the last of the famous intershamanical playboys, you mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah. People have meltdowns & he's not even said anything. That's a transformative power.

There is a new NME article about Moz thanking Rick. im not sure if anyone saw

I can't be arsed with you - but it's either a meme he's picked up or hyperbole - & as he's literally just complaining about religious authorities being allowed to break laws & also mentioned other traditions & has been against all forms of animal cruelty his entire career, it's no different to complaining about gay marriages not being allowed in Catholic churches. The Vatican isn't going to change its stance but it's not anti-Catholic to wish it would.
What an absolute load of shit. Not that I expected any different, I just wanted to see if you’d actually stoop low enough. “A meme he’s picked up,” wow.

What an absolute load of shit. Not that I expected any different, I just wanted to see if you’d actually stoop low enough. “A meme he’s picked up,” wow.

You can't talk about stooping low when you're spending every day looking for a new person to have a go at.

The internet is full of misinformation.

He did not go on a rant about Islam - he kept talking about animal welfare.

JOHN: Will animal abuse ever stop?

MORRISSEY: Yes. Walk into any major supermarket and you will see how cow’s milk has shrank into to a small corner whilst alternative milks have taken over. Even people who don’t care about animal welfare would rather have rice, oat or cashew milk. The same has happened to eggs. It’s very difficult to locate them now in a supermarket. Obviously I wouldn’t ever buy eggs, but it’s worth taking note of these things.

JOHN: But halal is done in the name of religion.

MORRISSEY: Most murder is! But animals rights must come before religion. Religion must cease to be the ONLY word. I am not interested in what people did ten thousand years ago. I am concerned about what is happening today.

JOHN: Kosher is also very cruel.

MORRISSEY: Very. It, too, must be banned. I am not saying that stunned slaughter is acceptable, because it couldn’t ever be. If you use the term ‘humane slaughter’ then you might as well talk in terms of ‘humane rape’.
People sound very stupid when they mention ‘humane slaughter’.

JOHN: A lot of people can’t afford a vegan diet.

MORRISSEY: I think the point is that we cease to put ourselves first. It is not about what we frivolously want. Every animal even during slaughter fights and kicks until its very last breath. It has one instinct and that is to survive. I stopped watching television because of animal death commercials. I couldn’t allow that into my living space for one more day. I feel liberated without it. They won’t show cigarette commercials but it’s OK to show butchered lambs? And to laugh about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't talk about stopping low when you're spending every day looking for a new person to have a go at.

The internet is full of misinformation.

He did not go on a rant about Islam - he kept talking about animal welfare.

JOHN: Will animal abuse ever stop?

MORRISSEY: Yes. Walk into any major supermarket and you will see how cow’s milk has shrank into to a small corner whilst alternative milks have taken over. Even people who don’t care about animal welfare would rather have rice, oat or cashew milk. The same has happened to eggs. It’s very difficult to locate them now in a supermarket. Obviously I wouldn’t ever buy eggs, but it’s worth taking note of these things.

JOHN: But halal is done in the name of religion.

MORRISSEY: Most murder is! But animals rights must come before religion. Religion must cease to be the ONLY word. I am not interested in what people did ten thousand years ago. I am concerned about what is happening today.

JOHN: Kosher is also very cruel.

MORRISSEY: Very. It, too, must be banned. I am not saying that stunned slaughter is acceptable, because it couldn’t ever be. If you use the term ‘humane slaughter’ then you might as well talk in terms of ‘humane rape’.
People sound very stupid when they mention ‘humane slaughter’.

JOHN: A lot of people can’t afford a vegan diet.

MORRISSEY: I think the point is that we cease to put ourselves first. It is not about what we frivolously want. Every animal even during slaughter fights and kicks until its very last breath. It has one instinct and that is to survive. I stopped watching television because of animal death commercials. I couldn’t allow that into my living space for one more day. I feel liberated without it. They won’t show cigarette commercials but it’s OK to show butchered lambs? And to laugh about it?
Yes, I can read. You're conveniently leaving out the offending passage. What does the internet being "full of misinformation" have to do with the words coming out of the man's mouth published on his official site?

Why do you think Morrissey was keen to mention Faith Goldy and Styxenhexenhammer?

As opposed to Verso, I quite enjoy, in a morbid way, Ketamin's and Nerak's delusion that knows no limits.

Anyway, to have my fun, and to stick to the topic: how does NME's 2004 attitude fits into this grand scheme? When they put Morrissey on the front saying "The Guv'nor is back" and praised him all over? I guess it was also a clever plot to make him believe they actually support him but it was all part of the plan that started in 1992, right?

Back
Top Bottom