NME discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
As opposed to Verso, I quite enjoy, in a morbid way, Ketamin's and Nerak's delusion that knows no limits.

Anyway, to have my fun, and to stick to the topic: how does NME's 2004 attitude fits into this grand scheme? When they put Morrissey on the front saying "The Guv'nor is back" and praised him all over? I guess it was also a clever plot to make him believe they actually support him but it was all part of the plan that started in 1992, right?
Even in 1994 they had a cover story on Moz, called MOZMANIA, just with an impression of his sign-ins in London and Manchester. Good days.
The NME was always supportive, apart from a very small, minor section.

Yes, I can read. You're conveniently leaving out the offending passage. What does the internet being "full of misinformation" have to do with the words coming out of the man's mouth published on his official site?

Why do you think Morrissey was keen to mention Faith Goldy and Styxenhexenhammer?

I didn't conveniently leave it out - I was showing you what he went on to talk about.

Which shows where his concern lies.

He might have come across some alt-right memes - but he didn't follow them all the way down the rabbit hole.

Though I hate to tempt fate - Central's posting habits have improved.

I didn't conveniently leave it out - I was showing you what he went on to talk about.

Which shows where his concern lies.

He might have come across some alt-right memes - but he didn't follow them all the way down the rabbit hole.

Though I hate to tempt fate - Central's posting habits have improved.

Nerak, I appreciate you have your views on Morrissey and you can post thousands of reasons why everyone is wrong and you are right, however something changed between 2017 and 2019 and it was nothing to do with NME or any other outside influence. Morrissey misjudged the mood of an awful lot of his fans and pissed them off with his silly comments. You can argue until you are blue in the face about- he didn't mean this, he didn't mean that, it makes no difference, an awful lot of people moved on and I'm not sure they will ever return.

As opposed to Verso, I quite enjoy, in a morbid way, Ketamin's and Nerak's delusion that knows no limits.

Anyway, to have my fun, and to stick to the topic: how does NME's 2004 attitude fits into this grand scheme? When they put Morrissey on the front saying "The Guv'nor is back" and praised him all over? I guess it was also a clever plot to make him believe they actually support him but it was all part of the plan that started in 1992, right?

Maybe you should try reading.

Here they are in 2002, still lying about Finsbury, still banging on about his sexuality, wishing he'd milk it to give them more material.

It's not a plot. It's tabloid journalism.

nme_20apr2002.jpg

Nerak, I appreciate you have your views on Morrissey and you can post thousands of reasons why everyone is wrong and you are right, however something changed between 2017 and 2019 and it was nothing to do with NME or any other outside influence. Morrissey misjudged the mood of an awful lot of his fans and pissed them off with his silly comments. You can argue until you are blue in the face about- he didn't mean this, he didn't mean that, it makes no difference, an awful lot of people moved on and I'm not sure they will ever return.

It had everything to do with the NME - people were saying FB was the proof that he had been supporting the NF all along.

If the suspicion hadn't been there it wouldn't have been the same scandal.

Maybe you should try reading.

Here they are in 2002, still lying about Finsbury, still banging on about his sexuality, wishing he'd milk it to give them more material.

It's not a plot. It's tabloid journalism.

View attachment 76966
Where's the lie about Finsbury? It happened. It may have been completely blown out of proportion and irrelevant to Morrissey's "real feelings" but it happened.

It had everything to do with the NME - people were saying FB was the proof that he had been supporting the NF all along.

Nope. It had nothing to do with NME. Who read NME in 2017 anyway? It had to do (among others) with his Breivik comments, and the act of making himself a total ass by saying he did not say stuff that Der Spiegel published - only to hear on the leaked recording he did say literally everything he denied. And don't get into YET AGAIN how he meant, what he meant blah blah....the actual content doesn't matter. He could have said I love playing poker, or I listen to Bach or I collect stamps. It also doesn't matter it was Morrissey. Could have been a cobbler from Chile or a teacher from Russia.
Of course you can think (which you do) all the people who laughed at him are fooled by the media and The Guardian and so on...you have all the right to be deluded! I guess it helps the mundane life in Crapshire.

Where's the lie about Finsbury? It happened. It may have been completely blown out of proportion and irrelevant to Morrissey's "real feelings" but it happened.

Claiming it was racist is a lie. And they they knew it.

In the name - they falsely accused him of racism as a way of attacking his sexuality a month after Channel 4 had broadcast a documentary about gay skinhead culture in which Skrewdriver's roadie & ex National Front organiser, Nicky Crane, had come out as gay.

View attachment 76948

View attachment 76949

View attachment 76950
View attachment 76951
What is so hilarious is about the Peter Hooton quote is just over 2 years later the Union Jack was being waved everywhere as England immersed itself in Brit Pop. Where was the criticism then?

What actually happened at Finsbury though? Why was Morrissey near bottled off the stage?

I take it you were at this gig?
Had you even heard of M in 1992?

Nope. It had nothing to do with NME. Who read NME in 2017 anyway? It had to do (among others) with his Breivik comments, and the act of making himself a total ass by saying he did not say stuff that Der Spiegel published - only to hear on the leaked recording he did say literally everything he denied. And don't get into YET AGAIN how he meant, what he meant blah blah....the actual content doesn't matter. He could have said I love playing poker, or I listen to Bach or I collect stamps. It also doesn't matter it was Morrissey. Could have been a cobbler from Chile or a teacher from Russia.
Of course you can think (which you do) all the people who laughed at him are fooled by the media and The Guardian and so on...you have all the right to be deluded! I guess it helps the mundane life in Crapshire.

It wasn't literally.

And I don't know why you find this difficult - but scandals happen all the time on Twitter. People apologise & delete & hope creeps don't make it their business to repeat it endlessly & phone venues or their boss to end their livelihood.

In Morrissey's case he already had 30 years of false allegations to add fuel to the fire.

What is so hilarious is about the Peter Hooton quote is just over 2 years later the Union Jack was being waved everywhere as England immersed itself in Brit Pop. Where was the criticism then?

There was never a pop moment where you couldn't use it - it was only 'bad' for the 2 minutes Morrissey mucked about with it in 1992. He scrunched it up & threw it into the crowd. Not remotely respectful behaviour.

According to the review in the Independent, the crowd didn't think he was blokey enough. According to Select it was because the crowd was homophobic.

It wasn't literally.

And I don't know why you find this difficult - but scandals happen all the time on Twitter. People apologise & delete & hope creeps don't make it their business to repeat it endlessly & phone venues or their boss to end their livelihood.

In Morrissey's case he already had 30 years of false allegations to add fuel to the fire.
Not everyone reads Twitter. I haven't spent more than 2 minutes on it in my whole life. There are countries, continents who ignore Twitter. And yes, I'm sure many more made themselves look like a twat - it doesn't lessen Morrissey's action being a twat. And people see this. No need for NME or any other secret plot (especially ones that only exist in your head :D ).

Not everyone reads Twitter. I haven't spent more than 2 minutes on it in my whole life. There are countries, continents who ignore Twitter. And yes, I'm sure many more made themselves look like a twat - it doesn't lessen Morrissey's action being a twat. And people see this. No need for NME or any other secret plot (especially ones that only exist in your head :D ).

You're on here. Every Morrissey Twitter & media scandal hits this site.

You're on here. Every Morrissey Twitter & media scandal hits this site.
Except I just wrote I laughed at Morrissey making himself a twat after Der Spiegel. I made my osn mind up. Without Twitter, The Guardian or NME. In read his statement the listened to the tape. Nothing could be more straightforward.

Back
Top Bottom