NME discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
I’m not interested in fighting with you, I just think you need to do everyone a favor and stop trying to push this absurd theory that Morrissey’s entire racism narrative comes out of media outlets being angry about his homosexuality. There’s no one who thinks you’re onto something except for Ket, who’s so damaged that she (like you) would believe anything that lets Morrissey off the hook for some of the things he’s said. It’s fan fiction.

This may be difficult for you to grasp - but I have talked to journalists in the real world while chasing this up.

And it's not 'anger', it's scandal & that's how UK tabloids operate.

This may be difficult for you to grasp - but I have talked to journalists in the real world while chasing this up.

And it's not 'anger', it's scandal & that's how UK tabloids operate.
Detective Nerak on the case, working pro bono as Morrissey’s press agent. Hysterical stuff.

I’m sure as fellow victims of the virulently homophobic NME’s weaponized racism accusations, Freddie Mercury, Elton John, Pete Burns and Boy George are all rooting for you to expose the truth. Oh wait…

These things have been documented & discussed, so you just sound like a troll.

because he is a troll.

I wish he’d downvote me more, that way I know I’m doing something right.

Think of the NME lie in 1992 as where the fuse was lit & the BBC 6 concert in 2017 as where the bomb exploded.

That's why the hack sees it as the root of all controversy.

Because every time they do a bit of prep for a story on him - there it is - putting a question mark over him that shouldn't be there.

View attachment 76956

He didn't need to say what he'd did at the BBC 6 concert though. The whole crowd were mystified and thinking, what the f*** is he going on about.

He didn't need to say what he'd did at the BBC 6 concert though. The whole crowd were mystified and thinking, what the f*** is he going on about.

The fact she was a vegan would have been the salient point & would have got nothing more than a few articles explaining her journey to him. And he likely wouldn't have believed she was being lied about in the press if he hadn't had direct experience of being lied about. Either way, without the hit piece it would have been different.

The fact she was a vegan would have been the salient point & would have got nothing more than a few articles explaining her journey to him. And he likely wouldn't have believed she was being lied about in the press if he hadn't had direct experience of being lied about. Either way, without the hit piece it would have been different.

This is what he said, many people on this site were listening live and were pretty shocked by it. This was a live broadcast and heard by lots of people who had tuned in to hear tracks from his new album. It was stupid of him to say what he did.

It could and should have been a magic moment for him and his fans, the new songs were fantastic but he f***ed up big time and alienated a signicficant chunk of his UK fan base

"I was very surprised the other day, it was very interesting for me to see Anne Marie Waters become the head of UKIP. Oh no, sorry, she didn’t, the voting was rigged. I forgot.”

Last edited:
This is what he said, many people on this site were listening live and were pretty shocked by it. This was a live broadcast and heard by lots of people who had tuned in to hear tracks from his new album. It was stupid of him to say what he did.

It could and should have been a magic moment for him and his fans, the new songs were fantastic but he f***ed up big time and alienated a signicficant chunk of his UK fan base

"I was very surprised the other day, it was very interesting for me to see Anne Marie Waters become the head of UKIP. Oh no, sorry, she didn’t, the voting was rigged. I forgot.”

Don’t waste your time. It’s easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for Nerak to be the slightest bit honest about Morrissey.

Yeah?

He liked Anne Marie, a vegan, & he thought she was being smeared.

Not trusting a mainstream narrative when you've been lied about for years isn't stupid.

It might have been less spectacular but they were policing him so heavily something was going to kick off.

Yeah?

Not trusting a mainstream narrative when you've been lied about for years isn't stupid.

It might have been less spectacular but they were policing him so heavily something was going to kick off.
Keep going, don’t ever stop. Keep letting us know exactly what Morrissey’s rationale is, an insight completely unique to you (for some bizarre reason).

Yeah?

He hoped she would become the head of UKIP, where's the linkage between being Vegan and UKIP??

He hoped she would become the head of UKIP, where's the linkage between being Vegan and UKIP??

Ffs - he has relentlessly talked about his political priorities being animal rights & banning abattoirs - he'd supported the Animal Welfare Party the year before, she was promoting herself via gay rights, animal rights & feminism, while saying the press was smearing her as a racist. He moved his interest to FB because she set it up. And now he doesn't support anyone.

Ffs - he has relentlessly talked about his political priorities being animal rights & banning abattoirs - he'd supported the Animal Welfare Party the year before, she was promoting herself via gay rights, animal rights & feminism, while saying the press was smearing her as a racist. He moved his interest to FB because she set it up. And now he doesn't support anyone.

Where's the linkage between animal rights, gay rights, feminism and UKIP, let me remind you what he said again.

Surface if you're saying he openly tells people in Manchester that he liked Anne Marie because he's anti-immigrant or purely for Brexit then I'm surprised it hasn't reached the press.

And I'm surprised he bothers to say otherwise in his interviews.

Where's the linkage between animal rights, gay rights, feminism and UKIP, let me remind you what he said again.

Anne Marie is the link. That was her ticket.

Nerak is, actually, on to something.

There was indeed a discussion at the NME where it was decided—over beers—that Morrissey would be brought to heel, or smeared. It really was that simple, and sinister.

He refused the NME’s police-like request to attend an interview (c. August ‘92) and the dogs were duly let loose upon him: The ostensible crime was the Union Jack moment—Morrissey was unfortunate enough to pick the flag up, after a member of the audience threw it on stage.

Steven Wells was like a dog with a bone about those few seconds, for about twenty years.

And it was all coincidental with some idea that Morrissey (along with some others) had some moral obligation to declare his sexuality to the world, on the NME’s terms rather than his own.

Anne Marie is the link. That was her ticket.

But he never mentioned being Vegan, Animal Rights, being gay etc if he had there wouldn't have been any controversy at all but he mentioned UKIP and then 8 months later Tommy Robinson , surely you can see why people became offended by him and yes context is everything but a lot of people don't see beyond the headlines.

There was indeed a discussion at the NME where it was decided—over beers—that Morrissey would be brought to heel, or smeared. It really was that simple, and sinister.

He refused the NME’s police-like request to attend an interview (c. August ‘92) and the dogs were duly let loose upon him: The ostensible crime was the Union Jack moment—Morrissey was unfortunate enough to pick the flag up, after a member of the audience threw it on stage.

Steven Wells was like a dog with a bone about those few seconds, for about twenty years.

And it was all coincidental with some idea that Morrissey (along with some others) had some moral obligation to declare his sexuality to the world, on the NME’s terms rather than his own.

Yep, I can see that but the NME had nothing to do with his Maida Vale comments, in fact their review was pretty good with only a passing reference to the UKIP comment.

Did the NME then psychically coerce Morrissey into making every other further-implicating-gesture throughout the rest of his career?

Back
Top Bottom