NME calls Morrissey "...a petulant little child..."

For what? Printing an opinion? That case would go nowhere.

Yeah that and the other little-known sub-section of the libel laws, printing the words that came out of his own mouth.:lbf:

Didn't 'NME calls Moz a racist pt2' go to court? Or did they just slightly retract?

...Wot??/ Morrissey??/ racist????...telling a WHOLE city to change Its name, ( whilst himself a vistor, in front of paying Fans, from the same city he was a vistor/guest in...???) and then disagreeing with a person who actually Lives there, and disputed Morrisseys( God-given?) rght to change the name,and then ORDERING that person to leave the building ( BY FORCE) ??...Nahh....Never happen.....

Last edited:
I was talking about the 'big mouth strikes again' NME front cover and Morrissey apparently saying something about "Britain opening the flood gates" ... as per your point; i heard Jaquie Stallone calls Cornwall, "Cornball" and that's not racist either.

............. So it's not just me that thinks he behaves like a little child sometimes? :blushing:

he does have a tendancy to throw his toys out of the pram. By tendancy I mean he throws them at various angles like some kind of honed attack.

I know I'm purely speculating, but Moz just doesn't seem to be in the best of moods recently, its almost as if there's something wrong

I've been telling you guys for months, he's doing stuff. This seems to be his shit to gold phase of the tour where he's dealt shit and afterward, we turn it to gold, but not always on solo. So I don't think he's taking it all too seriously but it's still a pain in the ass to be monkeyed around the world having to do this, that's my personal opinion. His so called not good mood you pick up on is perhaps knowing he's going to be the target of something, but not knowing what and having to be prepared to deal with it. It's like he's in Anomolyville and in between has to travel and sleep in hotels. I'd be a crab too. Oh, and then come home and read the events simplified into him just being percieved as a "petulant child" when really there's bigger stuff going on. Eff that.

Last edited:
...Wot??/ Morrissey??/ racist????...telling a WHOLE city to change Its name, ( whilst himself a vistor, in front of paying Fans, from the same city he was a vistor/guest in...???) and then disagreeing with a person who actually Lives there, and disputed Morrisseys( God-given?) rght to change the name,and then ORDERING that person to leave the building ( BY FORCE) ??...Nahh....Never happen.....

You, much like the heckler, himself, are overreacting. It was a joke. Morrissey makes them in many towns. The difference is, not everyone is so uptight.

Also, it seems quite strange that someone who would want to tell Morrissey to 'f*** off' would want to stay for the rest of his concert, don'tcha think?

You, much like the heckler, himself, are overreacting. It was a joke. Morrissey makes them in many towns. The difference is, not everyone is so uptight.

Also, it seems quite strange that someone who would want to tell Morrissey to 'f*** off' would want to stay for the rest of his concert, don'tcha think?

No he isn't over-reacting. Morrissey got the man thrown out by force just as the post you quote states.

Calling Morrissey a 'petulant little child' is actually far too polite. What's he's actually being is a c**t. He's turning into a miserable old bastard, making humourless quips then sending in the heavies should anyone take offence to them.

It's a good job the music still works cos everything else is turning to shit.

How lovely. It's quite sad that the NME became outdated and irrelevant years ago.

you guys...
I personally would react in exactly the same way if i had an object hurled at my head.
For all that Morrissey has given to us, we expect him to laugh this off?
And you are all so hung up on the cost of tickets?
What about the physical and emotional (let alone financial) cost of touring?
You know he is actually a real person and not an automaton there just for your amusement.
That is all.

"petulant"

I had to look it up. I would have chosen "sickly". Like he is a sick little sexually inappropriate juvenile. I fail. The use of "little child" just smacks of a pedophiles google query. Does Morrissey touch Mexican children on stage? I see Mr. Morrissey has a monkey on his back. If you only knew what sort of vegetable I was growing in my garden, right here, your loose tongue might might be restrained by the deterant of addiction. AIDS

Petulant little child? Thats quite tame. I'd say fascinating contrarian amusing grumpy hypocritical twat. And I would try and get miserabilist and Mancunian in there somewhere too.

Or as VIZ comment once put it,
"genius or twat?"

The NME is now edited by a women the first female editor of a music magazine in the UK I believe.

Women in rock
Pixie Lott,
Shocking?
I definitely would though.

"petulant"

I had to look it up. I would have chosen "sickly". Like he is a sick little sexually inappropriate juvenile. I fail. The use of "little child" just smacks of a pedophiles google query. Does Morrissey touch Mexican children on stage? I see Mr. Morrissey has a monkey on his back. If you only knew what sort of vegetable I was growing in my garden, right here, your loose tongue might might be restrained by the deterant of addiction. AIDS

TROLL! You're supposed to wait.

• Deviance
  • Truculence
  • Unreliability
  • Petulance

Alright, I've updated my list of traits I wish to emulate. Thanks! :thumb:

The NME is so ... yawn inducing. And getting a cheap alibi for dissing Moz ... yada yada.

I don't believe any of the posters around here would takle that crap if they were in his place. (WWID?)

Mozzers remarks about Hamburg were not insulting in the least (not the crispest remark either but ppl living there are useed to these references)

'FY' is not funny witty or whatever and 'Love me outside' is just genius selfdefense against a guy who thought he was g'ds gift to Moz.
but being boring insulting and unwitty are just three grave sins in any book not only in Mozzers.

Petulant little child, eh? It would be interesting to see the journalists stepping away from the anonymity of the printed text, collapse onstage themselves, have a beer lobbed at their head and be told to get f***ed following a well-intentioned joke, then look Morrissey in the eye and call him a petulant little child.

I think the NME needs to work on their incessant bi-polarity with regards to the man before they start throwing out their own pissweak insults.

this.^^

Back
Top Bottom