NME: Blossoms on how they “hugged it out” with Johnny Marr after Smiths covers band fall-out

NME interview about the fallout from the Rick Astley/Blossoms cover project:

“We knocked on his dressing room door and said, ‘Look… We probably should have told you, but we were just too scared.’
“How do you turn around to one of your heroes and go, ‘I’m starting a covers band with Rick Astley playing your songs?’ There’s no easy way to say that. Even the most f***ing confident person in the world would struggle to say that. He was like, ‘It’s water under the bridge – let’s hug it out’.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/blos...SiWBcYqinqoVztftBOmWnmaxKL36HfIq9guV6Y0b_WSf8

He is quite literally always the smallest, pettiest person in any given situation.
Rubbish. He made a mistake, they resolved it privately, the end. Unbelievable that you hate him so much and call him "scum" for this minor thing, when Morrissey has gone through his entire life treating other people appallingly. He has never been man enough to "hug it out", either - just drops people in a second, runs away, passes blame.

Now we just need Moz and Johnny to hug it out. Preferably naked. Life is too short to be fighting, guys.

o_O

FFS pepe is the ultimate :guardsman::guardsman: faced twat:handpointleft:

first he whines like like a :baby:
because he wasnt asked as if he owned Moz
songs then he 'hugs' it out as if a :personpouting:

WTF! pepe coming at you what if he schnoggles?

all very private:swear
thats why its on nme and all dumb blogs:lbf:

:hammer:

Blah blah from Brummie......

I'm in The Britannia Hotel thinking of old days and nights on the prowl around nocturnal Manchester and those early gigs before it all went wrong for Steven And The Lawnmower Parts...

More blah...Kind regards

BrummieBoy

The Brexitannia Hotel
Manchester.
Engerland.

I hope that's not the Brittania shithole Hotel you're staying in. When I was there a few years ago the sign in the foyer said
"We hope you enjoy your st y".
The staff were too lazy or too clued in to fix it.

I hope that's not the Brittania shithole Hotel you're staying in. When I was there a few years ago the sign in the foyer said
"We hope you enjoy your st y".
The staff were too lazy or too clued in to fix it.

They do have a bit of a bad reputation in Manchester.

bigot, etc …

And the folks upvoting Skinny’s post, must not actually read his posts, or do, but turn a blind eye to his anti-Moz sentiments.

Edit: like Johnny Ray does.

He's entitled to his opinion, like many other long term members of the site I remember when he was a massive Morrissey fan, however as in any other aspects of life, things happen that change someones feelings toward someone.

Last edited:
It is not Johnny Marr's fault that Morrissey is a right wing racist.

Very odd behavour isn’t it, she seems a nasty piece of work, why call him scum, why say someone needs to kick his arse. Skinny makes his views on Morrissey clear but never resorts to calling him scum or calls for someone to kick his arse.

That’s not true, Surface.

Have you not seen all the posts where Skinny
does resort to name calling?

Marr-

“I didn’t ask for that, but sometimes stuff like that happens when you’re in the public eye. There was an M.O. there that just wasn’t very cool – but I’ve dealt with it. I think I’m a pretty reasonable person, and I’ve dealt with it.”

He didn't ask for it????
Nothing happened to him
Yes, it happens when you are in the public eye and in a band and people want to cover you, you are not special in that regard, scumbag.
There was an M.O. there that just wasn’t very cool - Do you mean like all your cowardly jabs at Morrissey? Because this was nothing like that.

His hubris is amazing and despicable. He didn't 'deal' with anything, Blossom went to him and apologized and he paints a completely different picture, rife with his trademark dishonesty. He sat on twitter and bitched, like he has been bitching about everything for the past who knows how many years.
What really happened here? A band decided to do tribute shows to another band that existed 35-40 years ago, it happens ALL THE TIME. Is anyone calling Robert Plant asking for permission? I don't think so. Is he asking Depeche Mode's permission to cover them and butcher their song? Doubt it.
This was not a personal affront to Marr, it was a compliment, but the likely issue here is that because he was not included and not introduced as "Special Guest Johnny f***in Marr", he had a tantrum, once again showing his horrible temper and lack of character. I maintain he is scum and needs his ass kicked. Morrissey was fine with this, so no need to drag him into it. Morrissey showed class and grace.
Marr's attack on Blossoms was public and his acknowledgement of apology should have been too, absolute scum.

Last edited:
Marr-

“I didn’t ask for that, but sometimes stuff like that happens when you’re in the public eye. There was an M.O. there that just wasn’t very cool – but I’ve dealt with it. I think I’m a pretty reasonable person, and I’ve dealt with it.”

He didn't ask for it????
Nothing happened to him
Yes, it happens when you are in the public eye and in a band and people want to cover you, you are not special in that regard, scumbag.
There was an M.O. there that just wasn’t very cool - Do you mean like all your cowardly jabs at Morrissey? Because this was nothing like that.

His hubris is amazing and despicable. He didn't 'deal' with anything, Blossom went to him and apologized and he paints a completely different picture, rife with his trademark dishonesty. He sat on twitter and bitched, like he has been bitching about everything for the past who knows how many years.
What really happened here? A band decided to do tribute shows to another band that existed 35-40 years ago, it happens ALL THE TIME. Is anyone calling Robert Plant asking for permission? I don't think so. Is he asking Depeche Mode's permission to cover them and butcher their song? Doubt it.
This was not a personal affront to Marr, it was a compliment, but the likely issue here is that because he was not included and not introduced as "Special Guest Johnny f***in Marr", he had a tantrum, once again showing his horrible temper and lack of character. I maintain he is scum and needs his ass kicked. Morrissey was fine with this, so no need to drag him into it. Morrissey showed class and grace.
Marr's attack on Blossoms was public and his acknowledgement of apology should have been too, absolute scum.
Ooooo so triggered. Why? It’s nothing to do with you, unless you are Rick Astley or a member of Blossoms?

:)

the worst Pepe shanda is that his longest 'guitar solo' is 6 seconds(n)
AND ITS OUT OF TUNE!!:mad:
:hammer:

Now we just need Moz and Johnny to hug it out. Preferably naked. Life is too short to be fighting, guys.
Hm, yeah, this is the homo stuff I was talking about, which is short for homoerotic for anyone too dumb to figure it out. People need to see these 2 as lovers, I merely observe it. I merely observe the desperate need for every M lyric to be about how hopelessly in love he is with Marr. People need to believe everything M writes is autobiographical, because they, like Marr, as M accurately accused him -
talk as if you were my personal psychiatrist with consistent and uninterrupted access to my instincts.

Marr-

He didn't ask for it????
Nothing happened to him

For those of us who don't know as much or all, you can describe J Marr's cowardly blows to Morrissey I know some, I'd like to hear from others

A nice story. Johnny shows social behaviour when it is appropriate and people want to engage in real dialogue. Not hide behind "walls", they have built themselves.

For those of us who don't know as much or all, you can describe J Marr's cowardly blows to Morrissey I know some, I'd like to hear from others
That’s the thing, there really aren’t any. Johnny’s said that he and Moz were different, that they aren’t friends, he doesn’t agree politically with Moz and the Smiths dissolved in a terrible mess. All true.

This Marr/Moz/Smiths breakup.... sometimes you grow out/apart in a relationship of friendship. It happens. You find other people with more interests in common, find the same things funny, where each member adds a unique element, etc. Some friends are for life. Some aren't. Marr and Moz need to get over it. Personally I think Marr mentions Moz to get more headlines which in turn promotes his new record and/or tour.

This Marr/Moz/Smiths breakup.... sometimes you grow out/apart in a relationship of friendship. It happens. You find other people with more interests in common, find the same things funny, where each member adds a unique element, etc. Some friends are for life. Some aren't. Marr and Moz need to get over it. Personally I think Marr mentions Moz to get more headlines which in turn promotes his new record and/or tour.
I agree, mostly. But it must be hard for both to move on when they are constantly quizzed about each other (Marr more so than Morrissey). Interviewers can ask Moz about his sexuality, relationships, friendships, politics, where he’s living this month, record label etc etc etc. With Marr, once they’ve discussed his latest album and keeping fit, they invariably ask about The Smiths. And when they ask about the Smiths, it’s just a roundabout way of asking about Morrissey. To his credit, Marr fends them off quite well most of the time - speaking in generalities about the band rather than in particular about Morrissey. It’s rather unfair to attack him for the few occasions when he speaks about Morrissey, a man he hasn’t known for over 30 years.

When you think about it...
The Smiths were just kids...
All in their 20s
Moz being the oldest .

We’re you, Or I ever gonna keep relationships going for 40 years ?

I know personally I have about 15-20 people from 40 years ago who are still friends....
that said,
I ain’t no musician ECT.

A sound poet, yes 😇

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom