NME: Blossoms on how they “hugged it out” with Johnny Marr after Smiths covers band fall-out

NME interview about the fallout from the Rick Astley/Blossoms cover project:

“We knocked on his dressing room door and said, ‘Look… We probably should have told you, but we were just too scared.’
“How do you turn around to one of your heroes and go, ‘I’m starting a covers band with Rick Astley playing your songs?’ There’s no easy way to say that. Even the most f***ing confident person in the world would struggle to say that. He was like, ‘It’s water under the bridge – let’s hug it out’.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/blos...SiWBcYqinqoVztftBOmWnmaxKL36HfIq9guV6Y0b_WSf8

Of course Marr did not have the class to publicly discuss this like he publicly complained about it, he never told anyone they apologized because he is scum

Of course Marr did not have the class to publicly discuss this like he publicly complained about it, he never told anyone they apologized because he is scum

You mean like he said in the press back in September?

You mean like he said in the press back in September?

You can point out where he said he got an apology and where he posted it on twitter, same place he posted his rant. Someone should kick his smarmy little ass.

Last edited:
You can point out where he said he got an apology and where he posted it on twitter, same place he posted his rant
Why should he post the Blossoms’ apology - isn’t that up to them? Why are you always so triggered by Marr? Let it go, man.

Why should he post the Blossoms’ apology - isn’t that up to them? Why are you always so triggered by Marr? Let it go, man.
Oh, so you can't point to the things I asked about because they never happened and you deflect by calling me triggerd. Truth is, you get triggered when anyone says anything less than adoring about Marr, so don't post about him if you don't want people to discuss it.
Even after insulting Blossoms publicly, he did not have the decency or grace to say he received an apology, which he did not deserve. He said he handled it, which is supposed to make him sound like some kind of tough guy when he is really just a tiny little joke. He is quite literally always the smallest, pettiest person in any given situation.

This is so nice to read.

I hope Johnny put on his best Peter Sellers - Spike Milligan disguise and attended one of the 'Ricky & The Blossoms' shows covertly with his son.

I still have 'fever dreams' about the Kentish Town gig & I hope The Smiths 'lawnmower parts' do it: appear as Rick Astley's backing band for the proposed UKraine Aid charity gig at one of the 'soccer' stadiums here in Manchester.

That's why I'm here, to "facilitate' discussions with 'mt8s' in Altrincham yesterday before we all attended the Dead Can Dance séance-soiree at Manchester Cathedral last night. Incredible event.

I'm in The Britannia Hotel thinking of old days and nights on the prowl around nocturnal Manchester and those early gigs before it all went wrong for Steven And The Lawnmower Parts...

I was having beers with Dr Foster in Gloucester who attended Johnny Marr's sell out show at The Guildhall. A good time had by all, it seems. My frantic schedule prevented my attendance and I haven't had time to give Johnny's new double-opus the listening time and attention people I trust say it warrants.

Morrissey dodged a bullet by being, for once, successfully contrarian in enthusiastically endorsing Rick Astley and The Blossoms when many expected a bitter twisted rant.

Perhaps Morrissey and Marr can be persuaded to join Rick and The Blossoms for this war charity special?...early days...we shall see. Plans have leaked from the cognoscenti so I'm not giving any secrets away, sadly. Why can't people keep their traps shut 'for the greater good'? Loose lips sink ships, etc. I have a 'military background', but mostly in 'proactive diplomacy and de-escalation as defence', GCHQ type 'spy' stuff...but, of course, I'm not supposed to discuss 'that kind of thing' in retirement, although doing so is a neat double bluff of my p-p-poker face, isn't it? "U wot, mt8?"... I haven't seen action since The Falklands yet I'm getting invitations to provide support to Zelensky’s team but...even a God like me has to accept I'm getting older so...it's a no. Sadly. Too much responsibility.

Incredible how Manchester has evolved these past 5 decades since I first came here as a nipper for the all Irish Dancing feis-gigs at places like The Holy Name. I have relatives here. Nearly every Ire-ish British person does so we keep a close watch on its cultural Ambassadors at those embassy parties. Gucci and Ferrero Rossi from Status QuOasis in a day-glo spandex shell suit. Ah yes, the fashion sensibilities of Young Manchester...another topic altogether.

My driver hasn't woken up yet. He looks like a little puppy-wuppy in the twin bed beside me. He's from Wythenshawe but he escaped to Knutsford City Limits after a minor lottery win.

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

The Brexitannia Hotel
Manchester.
Engerland.

This is so nice to read.

I hope Johnny put on his best Peter Sellers - Spike Milligan disguise and attended one of the 'Ricky & The Blossoms' shows covertly with his son.

I still have 'fever dreams' about the Kentish Town gig & I hope The Smiths 'lawnmower parts' do it: appear as Rick Astley's backing band for the proposed UKraine Aid charity gig at one of the 'soccer' stadiums here in Manchester.

That's why I'm here, to "facilitate' discussions with 'mt8s' in Altrincham yesterday before we all attended the Dead Can Dance séance-soiree at Manchester Cathedral last night. Incredible event.

I'm in The Britannia Hotel thinking of old days and nights on the prowl around nocturnal Manchester and those early gigs before it all went wrong for Steven And The Lawnmower Parts...

I was having beers with Dr Foster in Gloucester who attended Johnny Marr's sell out show at The Guildhall. A good time had by all, it seems. My frantic schedule prevented my attendance and I haven't had time to give Johnny's new double-opus the listening time and attention people I trust say it warrants.

Morrissey dodged a bullet by being, for once, successfully contrarian in enthusiastically endorsing Rick Astley and The Blossoms when many expected a bitter twisted rant.

Perhaps Morrissey and Marr can be persuaded to join Rick and The Blossoms for this war charity special?...early days...we shall see. Plans have leaked from the cognoscenti so I'm not giving any secrets away, sadly. Why can't people keep their traps shut 'for the greater good'? Loose lips sink ships, etc. I have a 'military background', but mostly in 'proactive diplomacy and de-escalation as defence', GCHQ type 'spy' stuff...but, of course, I'm not supposed to discuss 'that kind of thing' in retirement, although doing so is a neat double bluff of my p-p-poker face, isn't it? "U wot, mt8?"... I haven't seen action since The Falklands yet I'm getting invitations to provide support to Zelensky’s team but...even a God like me has to accept I'm getting older so...it's a no. Sadly. Too much responsibility.

Incredible how Manchester has evolved these past 5 decades since I first came here as a nipper for the all Irish Dancing feis-gigs at places like The Holy Name. I have relatives here. Nearly every Ire-ish British person does so we keep a close watch on its cultural Ambassadors at those embassy parties. Gucci and Ferrero Rossi from Status QuOasis in a day-glo spandex shell suit. Ah yes, the fashion sensibilities of Young Manchester...another topic altogether.

My driver hasn't woken up yet. He looks like a little puppy-wuppy in the twin bed beside me. He's from Wythenshawe but he escaped to Knutsford City Limits after a minor lottery win.

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

The Brexitannia Hotel
Manchester.
Engerland.

?????¿¿????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????que delirio???????

Very odd behavour isn’t it, she seems a nasty piece of work, why call him scum, why say someone needs to kick his arse. Skinny makes his views on Morrissey clear but never resorts to calling him scum or calls for someone to kick his arse.

Very odd behavour isn’t it, she seems a nasty piece of work, why call him scum, why say someone needs to kick his arse. Skinny makes his views on Morrissey clear but never resorts to calling him scum or calls for someone to kick his arse.
The views, not the person.

Before my kids were born, my mother in law said to me "Never say they're bad. Say they did a bad thing, but don't say they're bad"

Before my kids were born, my mother in law said to me "Never say they're bad. Say they did a bad thing, but don't say they're bad"

Lol. Then how do you feel about Putin ?

He did call him a bigot though.

He did call him a bigot though.

bigot, etc …

And the folks upvoting Skinny’s post, must not actually read his posts, or do, but turn a blind eye to his anti-Moz sentiments.

Edit: like Johnny Ray does.

Last edited:

:rolleyes:

this must be ancient 🧓wisdom since 'views' are not things:crazy:
:hammer:

Oh, so you can't point to the things I asked about because they never happened and you deflect by calling me triggerd. Truth is, you get triggered when anyone says anything less than adoring about Marr, so don't post about him if you don't want people to discuss it.
Even after insulting Blossoms publicly, he did not have the decency or grace to say he received an apology, which he did not deserve. He said he handled it, which is supposed to make him sound like some kind of tough guy when he is really just a tiny little joke. He is quite literally always the smallest, pettiest person in any given situation.
Johnny Marr #1. People love him!!! Sorry you are sad.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom