nme articles this week..

N

NME article scan

Letters page:

I read with interest your piece about trying to raise £1.5 million for The Smiths to reform, but as a long-time Smiths fan, may I be the first to say, STOP THE MADNESS, NOW! Compared to the prospects of a war in Iraq, the idea of that loathsome cock-rock herbert ( we think he mans Johnny Marr - JW)
being allowed anywhere near the genius of Morrissey is a walk in the woods. Having been to see Morrissey this week, I can only say that regardless of the problems he is having getting a record deal, he does not need that tragic muso in his life. Keep the memory alive. Keep The Smiths dead.
Gary Hodge, Carlisle

Nice to see that the "sold-out" advert for Morrissey's two London shows (NME, September 15) kindly included the words "Morrissey, his band and crew say thank you!". Perhaps the robbing bastards at Virgin Trains and the tout who I paid £100 for my ticket for Tuesday's show after sneaking off work to come down from Glasgow would have the decency to do likewise in the coming weeks.
An absolute mug, via email

An article about sought-after records mentions:
Morrissey "Striptease With a Difference" Estimated Value £25,000
Rumour is rife that while digging through some old tapes in the Rough Trade office, a sheaf of unreleased Smiths songs surfaced. Sadly, NME doesn't know what they are called, so we'll have to settle for this slightly saucy early Morrissey outtake. Meant to be good, but be warned - Morrissey probably has the only copy and he likes to haggle.

And below the Albert Hall thing.

nme+article+scan.jpg

God, they are so full of shit (surprise) and they stole a line from this website (surprise)

First of all, Morrissey did not punch anyone, accidently or otherwise. Security practically ripped a few people's heads off, but Moz didn't touch anyone.

Second, he never said "No-one in the whole of England will give me a record deal...so I must be doing something right." They actually cut and pasted that sentence from a message on this very website (http://www.morrissey-solo.com/comments.pl?sid=3406&cid=41961)!

And it's not right anyway, what he said was (possibly not verbatim) "I haven't had a single offer from the UK. Heartwarming, isn't it?" in relation to his comment that he still doesn't have a record deal.

That's been mixed up with a totally unrelated comment, which if I recall correctly was that he'd actually had some good reviews for the show the previous night, "so I must be doing something wrong".

And finally, that bit about doing a session for BBC6 is bullshit too, they're just going to re-broadcast the Janice long session.

I'm nearly out of loo roll, so I'm off to buy a copy of NME to use instead.

[P.S. Thank for the scan]

Re: God, they are so full of shit (surprise) and they stole a line from this website (surprise)

Yes, I'm only scanning these so that all of you don't have to go out and waste £1.50 on this scrag-rag.

oops I put the wrong link in

They stole that sentence from this comment http://www.morrissey-solo.com/comments.pl?sid=3406&cid=41930 made by brokenforever.

Are they allowed to do that? Well BF, I'll bet you never thought you'd be writing for the NME!

Re: God, they are so full of shit (surprise) and they stole a line from this website (surprise)

> Yes, I'm only scanning these so that all of you don't have to go out and
> waste £1.50 on this scrag-rag.
Thanks.
Its one thing for us to quote people on this board but when a magazine has to do it thats really pathetic.

Why are Morrissey apostles buying this rag? It MUST stop!

That bloke in the pic of the fans looks scarily like Boz!

Did he hop into the crowd between songs, then?

Back
Top Bottom