Nicotine and Nickelback

S

Stinger

During the Covid-19 lockdown I have been smoking lots of cigarettes and listening to Nickelback at high volumes. :guitar:

What have you been doing to cope with the lockdown???

listening to nick cave and drinking some delightful thing called a 'gin smash' and watching the parts of the suede documentary with dreamyneil and eating mega volumes of cookies and cuddling eddy

listening to nick cave and drinking some delightful thing called a 'gin smash' and watching the parts of the suede documentary with dreamyneil and eating mega volumes of cookies and cuddling eddy

That sounds nice. How is Eddy after his self-isolation?

I am drinking coffee with Baileys. My mother just called me and informed me that she is turning to God in these difficult times. :lbf:

That sounds nice. How is Eddy after his self-isolation?

I am drinking coffee with Baileys. My mother just called me and informed me that she is turning to God in these difficult times. :lbf:

aw thats nice for your mom. probably better than turning to gin and cookies!

eddy was excited to hear from you, and wanted to leave you a message but he doesn't quite sound like himself, either because he's been in a suitcase for a month or because I had to tell him to keep his voice down because this place is NOT sound proof :paranoid:

I like your style. Keep rocking and rolling brother. :guitar:

eddy was excited to hear from you, and wanted to leave you a message but he doesn't quite sound like himself, either because he's been in a suitcase for a month or because I had to tell him to keep his voice down because this place is NOT sound proof :paranoid:

Are you sure it's not Eddy who's been on the gin?

Playing Monopoly and breaking up fights (sometimes at the same time). Compulsively reading the live news feeds and driving myself into a state of quiet panic. Writing my will (yes, really). Sitting up till all hours trying to book Tesco delivery slots. Receiving daily 'funny' videos from my 86-year-old mother. Contemplating how nature is bursting out all over outside as though nothing has happened, and this feels weirdly comforting.

Playing Monopoly and breaking up fights (sometimes at the same time). Compulsively reading the live news feeds and driving myself into a state of quiet panic. Writing my will (yes, really). Sitting up till all hours trying to book Tesco delivery slots. Receiving daily 'funny' videos from my 86-year-old mother. Contemplating how nature is bursting out all over outside as though nothing has happened, and this feels weirdly comforting.
are you having any luck booking delivery slots now?

Rock on brother. Keep the grease in your wheels. :guitar:

It's some sort of honeymoon with my GF, though a honeymoon in the middle of the apocalypse, so it's a bit weird.
Also, I had the BRILLIANT idea of sending our table to a shop 2 hours before the quarantine was declared... I wanted it 1 millimeter shorter (yes, it's not a joke).

So a honeymoon in the middle of the apocalypse and having dinner with the dishes on our laps. Perfect timing!

What else? We watched a few films, but not in a compulsive way (and certainly not netflix)... we listen to music... we have been painting... We have been teaching things to each other. We are actually having a good time, though we sometimes remember what's going on outside and it is somehow surreal... it's a mad dystopia. We are also being VERY careful with the quarantine and sterilizing everything... almost in an insane way, but we try to avoid this virus.

I have also been cooking a lot... myGF has many skills, but cooking is not part of her repertoire.
I think I would have gone insane if she didn't exist right now. I can't even imagine it.

What I have learnt: don't even thing about repairing a table when a global pandemic is coming!

are you having any luck booking delivery slots now?
I am okay till the end of April. Each Sunday night I have to sit up till midnight (very late for me), when new slots are released for 3 weeks ahead. I have managed it two weeks in a row now, just hoping my luck holds.
When are you moving to your new place? You will be so glad to get some privacy. Although I guess you must be striding around feeling invincible at the moment, what with already having had the Big C :D

It's some sort of honeymoon with my GF, though a honeymoon in the middle of the apocalypse, so it's a bit weird.
Also, I had the BRILLIANT idea of sending our table to a shop 2 hours before the quarantine was declared... I wanted it 1 millimeter shorter (yes, it's not a joke).

So a honeymoon in the middle of the apocalypse and having dinner with the dishes on our laps. Perfect timing!

What else? We watched a few films, but not in a compulsive way (and certainly not netflix)... we listen to music... we have been painting... We have been teaching things to each other. We are actually having a good time, though we sometimes remember what's going on outside and it is somehow surreal... it's a mad dystopia. We are also being VERY careful with the quarantine and sterilizing everything... almost in an insane way, but we try to avoid this virus.

I have also been cooking a lot... myGF has many skills, but cooking is not part of her repertoire.
I think I would have gone insane if she didn't exist right now. I can't even imagine it.

What I have learnt: don't even thing about repairing a table when a global pandemic is coming!

Have a rocking honeymoon. Go balls out a enjoy yourself. :guitar:

Not to much for me has changed though I do miss seeing people about town as I’m very social in general. Since my son is now home from preschool I mostly have to entertain him which means I’m not watching movies reading or listening to music that much. I’ve cut my lawn like a million times, my house is spotless and I’ve caulked just about everything that can be caulked and a few things that shouldn’t be. Built a raised veggie garden even though I hate veggies (it’s for my wife). I even washed and cleaned my car and rearranged the library by publication date. I have one puzzle going where I put a piece every other hour it seems. The one thing I have started doing is listening to more podcasts which has been enjoyable. Freakonomics npr hidden brain and whatever there politics podcast is as well as the moltley fool one which is a short one about markets. I’m in the middle of taking a micro economics course for a secondary cpa degree and the freakonomics one is fairly interesting. We did start making 3D printed masks for the local hospital and a few local doctors offices. That took up a min or two

I am okay till the end of April. Each Sunday night I have to sit up till midnight (very late for me), when new slots are released for 3 weeks ahead. I have managed it two weeks in a row now, just hoping my luck holds.
When are you moving to your new place? You will be so glad to get some privacy. Although I guess you must be striding around feeling invincible at the moment, what with already having had the Big C :D

I've written lyrics about it (This Plight Has Opened My Eyes)...based on the obvious song.

Here's a snippet (based on Tesco's, although I have a Sainsbury's version):

From a delivery van blue, white & red
Emerged the driver's head
Van unlocked, with a bounty of food
Dump it on their doorstep, dude
This plight has opened my eyes
And I will never feed again
© Mozmar Productions Ltd UK 2020

Should have added the music:

Last edited by a moderator:

Didn't URBAN establish that your GF is a fiction?

Rifke coughs for five straight minutes after recording these Eddy vocaroo clips. I suppose that's the price she has to pay for her Art :unsure:

Didn't URBAN establish that your GF is a fiction?

My GF or wife is sometimes like a fiction, or not exactly a fiction, but a Dakini, a fairy-like being.
FB-IMG-1586452306481.jpg

... Or a playful dancer.

But some Dakinis are actually very real, so I praise her existence.

URBAN... The sad thing about the bald idiot is that he is mad at me because he wanted to attract Countthree... And though that the existence of a man who happens to live in the same Country in which she lives was a threat. A stupid insecure Swedish idiot.
I don't even know Count3.... I am not here trying to attract her, I already live with a different Goddess... And probably Count3 is very interesting, but I have never been trying to get close to her, nor she has ever been trying to get close to me. The whole thing is that some people are stupid... And some of those stupid people live in Sweden.

Going back to important issues, I am cooking a cake for my fiction and I. It's looking good!

Back
Top Bottom