Nicolas Sarkozy voodoo doll row

Re: attackss in india.my mom is thereon holiday..oh my god..

Oh yes. Americans are such kick ass individuals. They would never be afraid of say, oh I do not know, box-cutters. :rolleyes:

In one of the 9/11 hijacked planes, the passengers did fight back and ruined the terrorists' plans. In the other planes, everyone had been raised to believe that when a plane is hijacked you're supposed to wait it out. Nowadays, everyone knows to take the mothef***ers out. I've noticed that the Muslim terrorists have stopped messing with American cowboys on American soil -- wise move on their part.

In my opinion war will create more terrorists. The best change is always brought when people within a country rise up and change their government and those in power. We can only help influence those people to change.

In my opinion, when others are at war with you, you are at war with them, whether you like it or not. And in some of these situations the stakes are mighty high. But there has always been a large componant of American foreign policy that involves waiting and hoping for change.

I find it a bit silly to think you can apply one rule to all situations.

I wasn't meaning Obama(still to early to tell there),I meant your "kicking ass" comment.
That kind of rhetoric is partly why America is so disliked at the moment.

And part of the reason we are also so loved.

It depends who you ask, I guess. BBC scum doesn't speak for the whole world.

BBC scum doesn't speak for the whole world.

Nor does Fox news.
You really ought to get out more.

You're suggesting that Islam makes people more INTELLIGENT? Does that mean that people in the Muslim world are genetically superior in intelligence? Or did you mis-speak and mean better educated? Are people in the Muslim-run countries really better educated?

And, I'm not sure I could handle being somewhere where alcohol is not readily available. No, there are plenty of nicer countries to visit before I die, plus 50 great states in the good old USA.

You're correct,maybe i should have said better educated.
I am talking from my own experience of travelling and,certainly,have found Muslim countries far better educated and more knowledgeable on world affairs than Americans (by a country mile).

Seems a bit sad too that you can't visit a country where you can't readily obtain your drug of choice.

Once again,the American speaks from a position of ignorance but,instead,believes it to be the "truth".

You stick to your little ole U,S,of A,my lad. Land of executions,torture,gun crime,racism,poor education and health service and LOTS of LOTS of stuff you can buy.

You need to ask yourself why America has become viewed like this by the rest of the world ?

Hey Devils!! Happy holidays!

It was a bit off-putting seeing people re-assure Sista that the Muslim terror savages were targeting Americans and British, not Germans. But, hey, that's a badge of honor for America and Britain!!!!!! If the Muslim terrorists don't have your country near the top of the list of Great Satans, your country's doing something wrong. Unfortunately, America's 2nd Amendment gun rights don't extend to when we travel abroad -- what the Taj Mahal needed was a well-armed American in one of those rooms.

Speaking of savages, I hope you avoided Black Friday at Wal-Mart in New York. What filthy animals, trampling that poor guy to death. Did you see that some of the stampede got all mad when told they couldn't keep shopping after they trampled the guy to death?
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Theo!
First off I think it was a travesty you were banned. I didn't see anything that justified a ban.
I'm not surprised of that attitude with Wal Mart shoppers. I hope they catch the people that trampled that guy and injured the other people. What was the big sale that 2000 people lined up for at 5am?
I haven't seen any great Black Friday buys. I'll probably go with GC's and I'll go to Michaels one night for all my decorations and crafts.
How are you doing with your holiday shopping?

If I were to go to the Middle East, I'd go to Israel, a democracy.

....Except for almost 50% of the population who have been explicitly told by the government that it is not they're country. They also imprison and torture thousands of prisoners many of whom have never been charged with a crime. Of course thats' just the tip of the iceberg.

15mn2wh.gif

Nor does Fox news.

please.

we don't all wanna "kick ass" and watch Fox news. we DID just elect Barack Obama. obviously the majority does not have that mentality. the American bashing on this forum has seemed to escalate since we elected Obama. we just can't win. :rolleyes:

please.

we don't all wanna "kick ass" and watch Fox news. we DID just elect Barack Obama. obviously the majority does not have that mentality. the American bashing on this forum has seemed to escalate since we elected Obama. we just can't win. :rolleyes:

and I think Anon X was saying that in attempting his/her discussion with Theo. Theo represents the stereotype ignorant American persona it's easy to bash and does her/his country no favours. :(

In the same vein, not all criticism of USA is based on unthinking prejudice. There are legitimate grievances, and it will take time and hard work for the new administration to undo the damage the last incumbent did. Yet there is a lot of goodwill too. Most people here in London I spoke to were eagerly watching the election unfold and expressing their joy at the result. :)

My granma used to say
"empty vessels make the most noise" .

The most argumentative and "noisy" posters are more concerned with "winning" than contributing anything of use.

and I think Anon X was saying that in attempting his/her discussion with Theo. Theo represents the stereotype ignorant American persona it's easy to bash and does her/his country no favours. :(

In the same vein, not all criticism of USA is based on unthinking prejudice. There are legitimate grievances, and it will take time and hard work for the new administration to undo the damage the last incumbent did. Yet there is a lot of goodwill too. Most people here in London I spoke to were eagerly watching the election unfold and expressing their joy at the result. :)

My granma used to say

The most argumentative and "noisy" posters are more concerned with "winning" than contributing anything of use.

I love you.

No argument here. And I'm 99.9% sure Theo is male.

Oh, for those abroad there are some very legitimate reasons to harbor anti-American, or, at least anti-American government sentiment. I don't think it's realistic to expect Obama to undo the damage of his predecessor. I don't really expect Obama to do much thats' extraordinary, I expect him to be a very centrist and moderate president. I have a feeling a lot of people will be disappointed, essentially I think it will be like a return to the Clinton years.

My granma used to say

This is the part i take issue with. I don't know if you had me in mind, but i have to include myself in that group. I can't speak for anyone else but I think you're giving at least a couple of us short shrift. First of all, some of us ENJOY vigorous, intellectual debate. It's a great way to learn, and to exchange ideas. And "winning" means having the better argument, which would most likely be the most sound and logical argument. This is how we arrive at "truth"; by subjecting ideas to critical analysis and probing from multiple angles until a clear picture is revealed.That is most certainly a valuable contribution.

Nor does Fox news.

When have I ever suggested that anyone (let alone Fox News) speaks for the whole world? You're the one who made claims about a world-wide consensus. You're the one who really needs to get out more.

And what of your claims that people are "more intelligent" in Middle Eastern Islamic-dominated countries than in the West? Care to actually defend that statement?

You're correct,maybe i should have said better educated.
I am talking from my own experience of travelling and,certainly,have found Muslim countries far better educated and more knowledgeable on world affairs than Americans (by a country mile).

People in Islamic-dominated Middle Eastern countries are better educated and more knowledgable on world affairs than Americans? What's the evidence for this? Yeah, gee, the Islamic countries just dominate the advancements in science, medicine, technology, etc etc etc. And what makes them so knowledgable on world affairs? Because they blame the Jews for everything?

Seems a bit sad too that you can't visit a country where you can't readily obtain your drug of choice.

You might as well become a citizen of a Muslim country, since you're so in love. When did you convert to Islam?

You stick to your little ole U,S,of A,my lad. Land of executions,torture,gun crime,racism,poor education and health service and LOTS of LOTS of stuff you can buy.

Land of executions? We execute criminals after they have received due process. The Muslim countries you have just hyped as the most marvelous places on earth execute people with no due process whatsoever, for such "crimes" as homosexuality. Some of those countries will stone a woman to death for no reason at all. You are quite inconsistant in your judgments (just one of the many reasons I have determined you are a moron). Why on earth are you condemning executions of heinous murderers in the USA while looking the other way about the executions in the Islamic countries?

Poor education? Then how come at every American university of higher learning you will find people from the Islamic world who had to come to the USA to get a proper education?

Health service? What better hospitals are there on earth than, say, the Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, etc., in the USA? Islamic royals travel from the Middle East to these hospitals in the USA when they get sick. And the vast majority of medical advances come from the USA.

Gun crime? Muslims with guns just killed far more people in 3 days in Mumbai, India, than get killed in one year in my city in the USA by gun violence, even though Mumbai has very strict gun laws and even though I live in one of the most violent cities in America. And most of the victims of gun violence in my city are not innocent people, but people involved in criminal activities themselves. In Mumbai - a city with very strict gun laws - the gun-weilding criminals murdered hundreds of entirely innocent people in just a couple days. Dear Lord, if only some of the good people there had had guns!!!

Lots and lots of stuff one can buy? And this is a problem? It's called the democratization of luxury and the raising of standards of living for the masses. I realize in some countries only people born into the proper families by blood and fortune can enjoy luxurious lives.

Racism? America has a racism problem just as every country on earth does, as racism was brought to the New World from the Old World. But we happen to be the least racist country on earth, or one of the least racist countries. What country is less racist than the USA? Certainly no country that is dominated my Islam!!!! Those are amongst the most racist countries. I'm starting to wonder if you've ever been to a Muslim country yourself, since you seem to not know (or overlook) everything bad about them. America's just more open than most countries, and we deal with our racial issues out in the open, which is why we've been resolving them more rapidly than virtually any other country on earth. Let me know when Iran elects a non-Shiite president, though.

You need to ask yourself why America has become viewed like this by the rest of the world ?

I'm well aware that one gets attacked when one is both good and successful.

Last edited:

When have I ever suggested that anyone (let alone Fox News) speaks for the whole world? You're the one who made claims about a world-wide consensus. You're the one who really needs to get out more.

My Fox news comment was a response to your,"BBC scum doesn't speak for the whole world. "
No,the BBC doesn't speak for the world.No media organisation does so not too sure what you were trying to get at there.

If places like SoLow take great exception to my saying I wanna "kick ass" on al Qaeda terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan, that shows how stupid, pathetic, and worthless many folks on SoLow are. Why do you NOT want to kick the asses of al Qaeda type terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan? What the f*** is wrong with you? I couldn't give a shit if some people who listen to BBC scum too much think it is "wrong" to say you wanna kick the asses of terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan. I speak with the victims of those terrorists in my mind and I will continue to talk hard against the worst scum of this earth. Just as my grandfather advocated kicking ass against Nazis and Japs during WW2.

....Except for almost 50% of the population who have been explicitly told by the government that it is not they're country. They also imprison and torture thousands of prisoners many of whom have never been charged with a crime. Of course thats' just the tip of the iceberg.

Yeah, you're so smart you haven't quite figured out the difference between "they're" and "their" yet. I take it you went to public schools.

Israel is not as nice a democracy as the good old USA, but it is the only country in the Middle East (at this time) I would vacation in (plus, the Kurdish area of Iraq is looking more and more like a nice place to visit). Enjoy your holiday in Libya, though.

What countries torture more than the Muslim-dominated countries?

Israel has a very fair judicial system, and I wouldn't wanna visit a country that doesn't have a proper judiciary. Ever seen the movie Return To Paradise? Poor Joe-a-keen Phoenix!!!!!

Improvemnets in Iraq (if nowhere else in the Muslim world), however, are happening:

Here’s a story you don’t see very often. Iraq’s highest court told the Iraqi Parliament last Monday that it had no right to strip one of its members of immunity so he could be prosecuted for an alleged crime: visiting Israel for a seminar on counterterrorism. The Iraqi justices said the Sunni lawmaker, Mithal al-Alusi, had committed no crime and told the Parliament to back off.
That’s not all. The Iraqi newspaper Al-Umma al-Iraqiyya carried an open letter signed by 400 Iraqi intellectuals, both Kurdish and Arab, defending Alusi. That takes a lot of courage and a lot of press freedom. I can’t imagine any other Arab country today where independent judges would tell the government it could not prosecute a parliamentarian for visiting Israel — and intellectuals would openly defend him in the press.

In the case of Iraq, though, the federal high court, in a unanimous decision, vacated the Parliament’s rescinding of Alusi’s immunity, with the decision delivered personally by Chief Justice Medhat al-Mahmoud. The decision explained that although a 1950s-era law made traveling to Israel a crime punishable by death, Iraq’s new Constitution establishes freedom to travel. Therefore the Parliament’s move was “illegal and unconstitutional because the current Constitution does not prevent citizens from traveling to any country in the world,” Abdul-Sattar Bayrkdar, spokesman for the court, told The Associated Press. The judgment even made the Parliament speaker responsible for the expenses of the court and the defense counsel!
THOMAS FRIEDMAN in the NY TIMES

Last edited:

People in Islamic-dominated Middle Eastern countries are better educated and more knowledgable on world affairs than Americans? What's the evidence for this?

You might as well become a citizen of a Muslim country, since you're so in love. When did you convert to Islam?

Land of executions? We execute criminals after they have received due process. The Muslim countries you have just hyped as the most marvelous places on earth execute people with no due process whatsoever, for such "crimes" as homosexuality. Some of those countries will stone a woman to death for no reason at all.

Poor education? Then how come at every American university of higher learning you will find people from the Islamic world who had to come to the USA to get a proper education?

Health service? What better hospitals are there on earth than, say, the Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, etc., in the USA? Islamic royals travel from the Middle East to these hospitals in the USA when they get sick. And the vast majority of medical advances come from the USA.

I was talking through my own personal experience of travel,Theo. IN GENERAL,yes,I have found people in Muslim countries better informed about world events than Americans.
Nope,I'm not "in love " with Islam and don't want to convert to it.

Are you also saying that Muslim countries have no judicial system?
Yes,i disagree wholeheartedly with ANY form of execution.Women aren't
stoned to death for "no reason at all",they may not be reasons you or i agree with,but there are reasons.

"Poor education? " See my first paragraph.

Also,you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about the non-reaction of other Muslims to the current wave of terrorism.
I can't seem to remember much American Catholic revulsion to the attrocities carried out by the IRA.

My Fox news comment was a response to your,"BBC scum doesn't speak for the whole world. "
No,the BBC doesn't speak for the world.No media organisation does so not too sure what you were trying to get at there.

You said the world dislikes the USA.

I said it depends on who you ask.

Obviously it's you who needs to get out more.

You said the world dislikes the USA.

I said it depends on who you ask.

Obviously it's you who needs to get out more.

In general,from my experience,it would seem it does.
This wasn't always so,Theo. Things changed after the response to 9/11.
You might not like this fact but it happened.
I've noticed a HUGE change in peoples' opinions on the USA over the last few years and not for the better.
People who had little or no dislike for the USA a few years ago,do now.
Why do you think this is?
(and I'm not talking about left wing radicals but "ordinary Joes")

Tags
kewpster piss and moan
Back
Top Bottom