Nick Kent on the C86 Show Podcast talking about Morrissey - his politics and sexuality (2021)

37:30 Nick Kent on the C86 Show Podcast in 2021 talking about Morrissey - his politics and sexuality.

Nick Kent was a great journalist once but even as long ago as The Smiths South Bank Show Special in 1987 he came across as unhinged and/or coked up. He'd have been an unreliable witness in court.

THE FACE Nick Kent interview with Moz in 1990 had some terrific photos but was insubstantial. I'd take anything Nick Kent said with a grainyard of salt.

cover_small.jpg

Following male prostitutes when he was 12 ?
Is this new info ??
I cannot imagine where this may have happened . Manchester Central Station (GMEX) perhaps.
That's where Hindley and Brady picked up their last victim who was rumoured to be a rent boy.

Nick Kent has to be one of the 'four vultures', he idolised Morrissey during the Smiths period and then turned against him.

As for this clip - well, Moz has always been uncomfortable with his sexuality, that isn't news. It's not a crime and it's bizarre of Nick to have needled him on it, like he was owed something. "He was talking about it in very guarded terms" - who wouldn't, if you knew it was all likely to end up in print?

Following male prostitutes when he was 12 ?
Is this new info ??
I cannot imagine where this may have happened . Manchester Central Station (GMEX) perhaps.
That's where Hindley and Brady picked up their last victim who was rumoured to be a rent boy.
He was not a rent boy at all.

Nick Kent has to be one of the 'four vultures', he idolised Morrissey during the Smiths period and then turned against him.

As for this clip - well, Moz has always been uncomfortable with his sexuality, that isn't news. It's not a crime and it's bizarre of Nick to have needled him on it, like he was owed something. "He was talking about it in very guarded terms" - who wouldn't, if you knew it was all likely to end up in print?
I'm amazed by any journalist or anyone anywhere caring about anyone's sexuality unless you are hoping to get it on with that person. I couldn't care less who is or isn't gay or straight or humasexual or replicant. What difference does it make. I listen to Moz for his music and voice. After that it's none of my business. Live and let live. All our moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

tumblr_mryi14gRvL1qdctn9o1_1280.jpg

Nick Kent was attacked by Sid Vicious with a bike chain, inspiring the lyrics to Such a Little Thing.

Interesting points about skinheads and boxing.

Also nice to hear that the 80s had four major stars: Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince and Morrissey. Two are dead and two have quite changed.

Enjoyed listening to this.

There is often complete crap on his site but suggesting from rumour a wee boy murdered on the way to see his gran (nevermind the mind gymnastics to suggest a Morrissey link to the abduction site) was a rent boy FFS. Stomach turning and shameful post should be removed.

Another jealous journalist (who lie), I assume
Nah
Kent is great - lived through the seventies and had a wild time

He's a great author
You assume but as ever assumption is not correct

I mean. You haven't listened by your own admission - your opinion really is not informed.

There is often complete crap on his site but suggesting from rumour a wee boy murdered on the way to see his gran (nevermind the mind gymnastics to suggest a Morrissey link to the abduction site) was a rent boy FFS. Stomach turning and shameful post should be removed.
Um - Moz himself has spoken of how he so easily could have been one of the victims

And the rent boy theory is not new - has been established a while. Look it up.

Weird post. Kent is not even making news here.

More of this sort of thing.

I'm amazed by any journalist or anyone anywhere caring about anyone's sexuality unless you are hoping to get it on with that person. I couldn't care less who is or isn't gay or straight or humasexual or replicant. What difference does it make. I listen to Moz for his music and voice. After that it's none of my business. Live and let live. All our moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Nick Kent is a self-admitted bottom-feeding salacious gossip-monger without scruples - https://www.nme.com/features/nick-kent-tallest-tales-unstable-boys-sex-pistols-axl-rose-2884679

The poster was referring to Edward Evans, not Keith Bennett. Even so, Edward wasn't a rent boy - he had a girlfriend and was in the station on his way back from a Manchester United football game. The only rumours about Edward being gay came from Brady and Hindley themselves - two lying pieces of shit looking for an excuse to drag David Smith into the murders. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't - it doesn't matter.

And the rent boy theory is not new - has been established a while. Look it up.
Please do look it up - it's pure bullshit, invented to stigmatise a teenager and make it look like he was taking risks and 'deserved' being smashed to pieces with a hatchet. He was a kid - lured, attacked and killed by a psycho, who concocted the gay speculation whilst hiding his own bisexuality.

Anyone notice that Nick rarely looks people in the eyes? He’s always looking down. Does he have some insecurity?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom