Nick Cave roasts both Antifa and the Far Right in a blog post (Morrissey mention)

The Seeker of Good Songs

from: https://www.side-line.com/nick-cave-roasts-both-antifa-and-the-far-right-in-a-blog-post/

"...Facing anti-Israel boycotters and anti-Morrissey sentiments
Nick Cave has a history of not doing what the mainstream music scene is expecting him to do. He has for instance also stood up to anti-Israel boycotters after he was criticized for playing a pair of concerts in Tel Aviv in November 2017 with his band the Bad Seeds.

Cave then replied: “I do not support the current government in Israel, yet do not accept that my decision to play in the country is any kind of tacit support for that government’s policies.”

He furthermore argued in the past that Morrissey’s music should not be ditched just because of his controversial views.

Cave: “Views and behaviour are separate issues – Morrissey’s political opinion becomes irrelevant. Whatever inanities he may postulate, we cannot overlook the fact that he has written a vast and extraordinary catalogue, which has enhanced the lives of his many fans beyond recognition. This is no small thing. He has created original and distinctive works of unparalleled beauty, that will long outlast his offending political alliances.”

Horseshit. Is he really saying that an 'extraordinary catalogue' lets someone off the hook for their racism and support for far-right causes?

f*** that.

Nick is right.

Also, I think Moz's reasons will be vindicated. Anyone can get temporarily pulled in by an inept or gruesome politician.

The list of word crimes is just shoddy journalism.

Horseshit. Is he really saying that an 'extraordinary catalogue' lets someone off the hook for their racism and support for far-right causes?

f*** that.
Hey Skinny. If you don’t like farage, don’t follow him? You stupid bastard.

Hey Skinny. If you don’t like farage, don’t follow him? You stupid bastard.

The amount of negative energy in @Uncleskinny ’s life must be staggering! I can’t imagine spending my life consumed by all the things I hate. Life is hard enough as it is.

Did you spot the one of him giving blood?
Anything for attention...look at meeeeee, again.
Missed that. Nice shiny head.

Funny how Skinny's posts get practically no likes! It explains why he comes here. Nobody listens to him on social media.
It's even Russel Brand's quote "pound-shop Enoch Powell" - even got that wrong. Skinny's the only Nazi I can see - thought police etc.

from: https://www.side-line.com/nick-cave-roasts-both-antifa-and-the-far-right-in-a-blog-post/

"...Facing anti-Israel boycotters and anti-Morrissey sentiments
Nick Cave has a history of not doing what the mainstream music scene is expecting him to do. He has for instance also stood up to anti-Israel boycotters after he was criticized for playing a pair of concerts in Tel Aviv in November 2017 with his band the Bad Seeds.

Cave then replied: “I do not support the current government in Israel, yet do not accept that my decision to play in the country is any kind of tacit support for that government’s policies.”

He furthermore argued in the past that Morrissey’s music should not be ditched just because of his controversial views.

Cave: “Views and behaviour are separate issues – Morrissey’s political opinion becomes irrelevant. Whatever inanities he may postulate, we cannot overlook the fact that he has written a vast and extraordinary catalogue, which has enhanced the lives of his many fans beyond recognition. This is no small thing. He has created original and distinctive works of unparalleled beauty, that will long outlast his offending political alliances.”

This is very old news. That Nick Cave blog was nearly a year ago and was already posted on here then.

Back
Top Bottom